[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm changing my major from Engineering to Business Administration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
So I'm changing my major from Engineering to Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting. My question is how would I afford graduate school? I read that employers want at least a master's when it comes to Business. I have zero money and I'm in the poorer side. I'm going to Cal Poly Pomona because of the cheap cost. Can I get the majority of my tuition paid off like with the Bachelor's or is it that only the rich can get it? I see the tuition in some schools and most of them are 40K to 60K per year. Assuming I spend four years, at the low end, I would be at 160K in debt, and if I take out student loans, that would be 160K+ interest. I just can't do that in good conscience.
>>
You read wrong, senpai. You'll be fine with a bachelor's in accounting.
>>
>>1644910
this

study like crazy for the cpa exam your senior year, pass it right after graduation, and enjoy your guaranteed 70k+ salary while working for your master's

once you meet the certification requirements in your state, you're set for life my dude
>>
>>1645740
And you're stuck in the most fucking boring career ever. Shit.
>>
You'll be dumb af to have switched from engineering to accounting. People do it the other way round.
>>
>>1644910

I hope you're right.

>>1645740
>>1645751

http://www.accountingedu.org/california-cpa.html

Well, here's my state's CPA. I'm not eligible to be licensed as a CPA until I get the degree, pass a test then get work experience as a general accountant. I'm afraid of not actually getting hired to get that experience.

>>1645758

I couldn't do Physics. The intro to Electrical Engineering class showed me that I have no real interest in the subject and I honestly did not get what was going on. I honestly just wanted to work in cyber security or manage network databases.
>>
>>1645782

https://www.cpp.edu/~academic-programs/academic-advising/tools/sheets-roadmaps/2016-2017/curriculum-sheets/bus/BUS_ACC_Front_Back_2016-2017_VML3.pdf

By the way, here's the college's major requirement to get the bachelor's. I think it fulfills the 150 units. Not sure.
>>
>>1645782
Do you have enough time left to take all the classes you need? I can name like 10 accounting and business law classes I had to take to qualify for the exam.

As long as you have the 150, no one really cares. A MAcc is kinda worthless because you can get the same amt of knowledge doing public accounting for a few years. If you go MS Tax, it'll be a nice 10k increase to your starting salary tho.
>>
>>1644872
Honestly, as long as you get your CPA, no one cares what degrees you have as an accountant unless you get a Masters in Taxation or go the law route as well. I know a girl with a degree in elementary school teaching who went back, took the required courses and is now a CPA. no one gives a shit.
>>
Do you need the minimum whatever credit hours to take the cpa or can you do it right after you major under the credit hours? If you pass the exam once do you ever have to do it again?
>>
Also, does your undergraduate GPA matter if you pass the exam?
>>
>>1645892
No, to sit for the exam literally all you need is a Bachelors degree in any subject, and 24 semester units in accounting, and 24 semester units in business related courses. - note that you'll need additional units to actually get licensed.

>>1645896
Once you have a CPA license, no one will care what your GPA is. Again, I've seen elementary school teachers with CPA licenses, I've worked under a CPA who had an M.A. in English Literature.
>>
>>1645896
I recommend you go to your BAP meetings at Cal Poly. I go to another SoCal school, and I've met their officers before, they're pretty cool. Normally they will have the CPA review courses at their meetings which will go over exactly how you become one since their job is to shill the courses.
>>
>>1645782
Trust me anon, you'll get hired as long as you tell them you're banking on getting certified

The more steps you've taken to becoming certified, the less risk firms have to deal with, so if you already passed the exam and working on your Masters, they'll be glad to get you the experience
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.