[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I get a job? Recent grad here who's been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1480405606099.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1480405606099.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
How the fuck do I get a job? Recent grad here who's been unemployed for the past 4 months. Can't seem to get myself hired, despite using all the hiring websites. What different approach should I take?
>>
File: turd.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
turd.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
craigslist
try some jobs that might not fit your "useful" college major
Or just apply for all government jobs, and go to all interviews... You will get a job after 1 year guarantee with government, but they pay you will not learn anything useful/lucrative except being a hustler/politician/leech.
>>
>>1644645
What did you major in?

Did you do any internships while in college?

Were you involved in any clubs in college?

Did you network at all in college?
>>
Contact everyone you might like to work for whether they are recruiting or not. Send them your résumé and keep sending it until they give you a response. Taylor the content to each specific employer not just some copy paste bullshit.

If you need just any job (retail etc) take your degree off your résumé.
>>
File: 1480225345954.gif (933KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480225345954.gif
933KB, 500x500px
>>1644654
>What did you major in?
Economics and minor in math

>Did you do any internships while in college?
Yes, two while in college and one right after graduating.

>Were you involved in any clubs in college?
Yes, was president of my school's econ club.

>Did you network at all in college?
I suppose, but I didn't go to an elite college; and I move to a different city upon graduating. So all of my networks are in a different city.
>>
File: kekold.png (118KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
kekold.png
118KB, 736x736px
>>1644682
> Econ major
enjoy welfare, retard
>>
File: 1460100753912.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460100753912.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
>>1644688
What makes that major bad? I thought about switching to an econ major. Should I stick with Comp Sci?
>>
>>1644688
>y-y-you too
>>
>>1644693
Economy is a "women's studies" tier degree with no direct practical uses.
Yes, you should stay in CS if you want an easy job for the future.
>>
>>1644645

Walk in to a business. Ask to speak to manager, give them a quick pitch that you want to work there, and will work hard.

Do this 10 times and you will have a job. I 100% gaurantee it.

Don't be scared of manual labor, with a years work you can often move up quickly, since the turnover is so high.

My buddy worked for a landscaping company making $12.50hr. In 1 year he was promoted to manager and now makes about $45k a year.

It's a gamble. Just keep trying shit until you see a path to money.
>>
File: mack daddy hank.png (446KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mack daddy hank.png
446KB, 640x480px
>>1644707
okie doke. Thank you.
>>
>>1644682

> Econ
try the insurance companies. I know they often look for people that have a econ background.

Also church. I've gotten a TON of help in careers and business from people at church. You have to join a small group / bible study though.

It's a big secret I wish I had known at a younger age. Church can give you some major business gains.
>>
>>1644645
go in person to your nearest mcdonals and give a firm handshake to the manager, then go on your knees and start sucking his dick.

you will have a job for a good few months or even years until you are replaced by a touchscreen or a burger flipper robot
>>
>>1644720
>try the insurance companies
Thanks, I'll try it out.

>It's a big secret I wish I had known at a younger age. Church can give you some major business gains.
I recently started going to a church in an affluent area, so maybe I should join a bible study or participate in the coffee and donuts they serve after each service. I mainly started going to church again to meet women, but I suppose it's a good way to make business contacts.
>>
>>1644736

Yes bro. join a small group immediately. Do not mention upfront that you need work, let them pull it out of you.

Then once they hook you up with a contact, go for it.
>>
>>1644711
>and now makes about $45k a year
And he will be paid that forever
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.