[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tile guy here. Business has slowed down a bit and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Dwight.png (180KB, 438x281px) Image search: [Google]
Dwight.png
180KB, 438x281px
Tile guy here.

Business has slowed down a bit and it's time to start advertising. I heard Angie's List is the way to go. So I spent about an hour with the sales department talking about ad packages.

Best I could get was $220/month and it advertises to just one county in my state, but it's the wealthiest county in my state, and that county has 50,000 Angie's List members. The salesman said I should get 3 - 5 more customers a month out of it.

2 questions: Is $220 fair? Also they want me to sign a 1 year advertising contract, which I hate. Any way out of that?
>>
>>1644387
ask some advice subreddit you'll get faster and better answers than here.
>>
Whats your business?
>>
>>1644412

Tile contractor
>>
This is going to sound silly but, word of mouth, good practices, customer relations show provide a good customer base for your type of work. have you approached big companies with satellite sites, shops, small buinesses, do you have your own website. I'm with you don't pay bro
>>
>>1644471

I do all that. As hard as I can.

Sometimes it's still not enough. I've gone back and forth on it, but I'm still thinking that now matter how good you are and how friendly you are, you still need some advertising to get the customers in.

Also, I'm just over 1 year in.
>>
Long-time marketing guy here

I have had good success with shared direct mailers like ValPak and Money Mailer.

You can hit 30k homes for less than $500
>>
What about contacting developers for new build contracts or estate agents to get you in with landlords?

Know anybody in building maintenance? They might contract out tiling.

Do you know plumbers or carpenters doing bathroom/kitchen fitting?
>>
Do you do stone tiling or just ceramics? You could do >>1644543 and start promoting your high end stone tiling by mail and online with hq photos. Make some artsy looking stuff to market
>>
>>1644543

Thanks I'll look into it. What's the best mailer in Georgia?

>>1644548
> What about contacting developers for new build contracts or estate agents to get you in with landlords?
I do this

> Know anybody in building maintenance? They might contract out tiling.
I do a little bit of this. Wish I could get in with more of the maintenance guys in the city buildings.

> Do you know plumbers or carpenters doing bathroom/kitchen fitting?
I do a good bit of this

Problem with a lot of this stuff is that it's darts at a dart board. I've pitched many business owners and referall partners. A couple contractors have sent me some stuff, and some realtors have sent me some stuff. I can keep going down this route, but it's a slow grind.

I know another company like mine that is using AL, and apparently it's worth them paying AL $10,000 a year............

I'd just like to have that easy buy, where I can depend on a customer stream.
>>
>>1644558

Yeah it's a good idea. I had no idea that stuff was so cheap.

I do both. The process is pretty much the same.
>>
Are you friendly with your suppliers? Maybe ask them if they know of any jobs and would recommend you

Could you also do garden paving?
>>
>>1644576

lol both of my suppliers lay tile.

they are cool, but any jobs they hear of they take.
>>
Maybe m8 you could also offer plastering or screeding or drywalling to expand your range if you aren't getting enough tiling jobs
>>
>>1644580

Good point. I would like to learn drywall.
>>
Plus if your only a year in, you have a lot more to come, just keep up the good work and you will prosper
>>
>>1644732

Thanks mate.
>>
>>1644387
Different field, but it's his opinion over angieslist and other services. Look up a guy in YouTube called stan "dirt monkey" grenadek angieslist

or something like that, he covers his experience with that and other advertising experiences in it. MIGHT give some insight
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.