[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to find a quality web dev for cheaper than western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Is it possible to find a quality web dev for cheaper than western costs?

somebody who can make a high quality intuitive UI, backend stuff, and knows about security and how to not make slow bloated bullshit

where do I look
>>
>>1644012
>somebody who can make a high quality intuitive UI, backend stuff, and knows about security and how to not make slow bloated bullshit

You already know the answer. People who know how to do these things and are willing to freelance command a premium.
>>
>>1644012
no
>>
Hmm.

As a related question, what sort of cost can I expect to pay someone competent to make (just as an example, it's not exactly what I'm looking for) a file upload/host website.

Imagine the following features

- file upload page, resuming if there are connection failures etc
- storage on Amazon s3 or similar
- simple account system that lists uploaded files, delete function etc (also ability to use without an account). Probably using Amazon dynamo DB
- file view page, with various sharing options
- collection of access statistics
- daemons to perform pruning, deletion of rarely accessed files etc
- maybe some system to convert files into different types before download (via ffmpeg)
- maybe daemons to auto handle copyright takedown emails, and an admin panel for this showing recent takedowns and with ability to restore files that were auto-taken down

Am I looking at $10s of K?
>>
Also, if anyone wants to send me their portfolio and a ballpark figure/price range for the above:
> [email protected]
>>
>>1644070
yes
>>
>>1644082
I'll send you an email.
>>
You should really learn to do it yourself, but whatever.

I also have a unique dreamsite idea, which I will never have the money to fund.

-Fluidly 3D animated user interface, it's very appealing to gamers and children.
-Seamlessly change between forum layout and imageboard layout with 1 click.
-Register accounts for mods to see your shit, but stay anonymous to everyone else.
-Ability for OP to kick posters out of his thread or shadow kick them.(mostly in shitposting boards).
-Sending private messages to your buddy anon(very useful for sending emails).
-Tripfags would not have names, just IDs.
-Integrated mini chatroom pop-up(like facebook) without a cooldown on replies. (If you ever get tired of posting and want to chat faster)
-Limited post count, edit post order, manual post loading, manual request for sound webms, automatic spam and bot filter.
-Separation of huge boards into "servers" in order to maintain a normal speed so you may not have 40 threads deleted in 4 minutes.
-Elitist version of boards. This means that mods would cherry pick every quality anon(this is why registered accounts is a good thing) and give them access to said heaven.
-An active admin who hosts events and experiments with new ideas and social constructs.(Quality crossposting, /tg/ discussing /v/ matters)
>>
>>1644103

That sounds similar to the social network thing I (horribly) cobbled up together back when I started learning web development.

https://github.com/nofacecf/noface.socnet

If you're interested in doing this I could build it again (properly).
>>
>>1644139

This was my skill level as of 7 months ago
https://gitgud.io/looca/plum/tree/master

Since then I've probably picked up a couple of other things as well.
>>
Pay pajeet , but offer him double his hourly if it is good ...
And more work to come at higher pay If you are happy with the quality of his work ..
>>
>>1644366
Where do you find pajeets? Those coder for rent sites?
>>
>>1644070
I would do this for 10k$, except for visual design.
You could get it done for cheaper probably, though the lower you go the more risk there is.
>>
>>1644660
This. I could do that for $500, but I wouldn't recommend that.
>>
>>1644012

There's some cheap guys in Eastern Europe that are pretty good.

I had a web developer from Poland help me a lot. He worked for like $10/hr. Which is substantially less than an American would charge.
>>
>>1644012

One more tip:

do a before and after payment. Pay some up front, some in the middle, and some at the end.

So that way they don't run off.

It also helps to do a Skype video call first to make sure they are legit.

These are all things I do.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.