[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As this is (in theory) a business board, I thought maybe we could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Turnover-Employees.png (156KB, 1502x927px) Image search: [Google]
Turnover-Employees.png
156KB, 1502x927px
As this is (in theory) a business board, I thought maybe we could have a business related discussion today.

I'm the Co-Owner of a medium-size construction business and when I finished this chart for our yearly review today, I thought you guys might want to take a look at it, because the relationship between technology and the workforce seems to be such a hot topic these days.

This chart shows the relation between company turnover and both internal and external employees. As a construction company we do planning, manufacturing and installation of various building related products to a few large scale customers i.e. general contractors. Those external employees are mostly installation workers we hire from subcontractors nearby the construction site.

The axes are scaled for 100k turnover per employee for the 91/92 business year. This isn't random, because 1992 was the year we reorganised the entire production process to CNC machining.

I think the trend is pretty clear. While the number of installation workers (a job that hasn't really been affected by technology that much) scaled pretty reliably with turnover, the number of internal employees has gone down and remained pretty much flat since then.

What are your thoughts?
>>
Why all that fluctuation tho? Doesn't seem very healthy to me.
>>
>>1642947
We have about 5-7 big contracts per year that take on average about 2 years to complete so the numbers fluctuate a lot. Internally we generally evaluate performance based on a 3 year cycle.
>>
>>1642990
In my experience, banks don't evaluate on a time frame of more than one year, how do you keep them satisfied?
>>
>>1643063
Lots of explaining and a good relationship. It's not like I'm just starting out with this. A good record will almost always get you the terms you need.
>>
>>1643063
Other contractor here.
my bank looks at a minimum of 3 years.
They also look at assets including assignable contracts and intangibles such as repeat clients.

They also know a biz that's made millions in the past isn't going to suddenly just forget how.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.