[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a job offer from a fairly small company that does building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (304KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
304KB, 639x960px
I got a job offer from a fairly small company that does building maintenance projects in another state.

The owner went through the formal interview process with me, checked all my references, and spoke with me over Skype.

He said he was going to "hold" the job for me while getting projects lined up, and that I could move between December and January.

He also promised me at least 32 hours of work per week at a decent hourly rate, but I am concerned about moving for sporadic work.

He has yet to contact me with a concrete start date or information on the projects at hand, and I am getting cold feet about moving.

Is this a red flag?
>>
Beware of job postings like this on Craigslist or indeed. They're just out to get your identity. There's a lot of ads on indeed pretending to be popular companies but take you to a different website. Hope you didn't give them your SSN or drivers license information. Janitorial and property management are the most popular scam opportunities. Attracts a bunch of stupid applicants. I fell for one of these on indeed a few years back. Was a nightmare.

Fuck job sites. They don't monitor for scams or anything. I only do job searches on the state employment website now or if I see an ad I will Google the company website and see if the position actually exists and call their customer support line to confirm.
>>
>>1642706

It's not a CL ad.
>>
Can anyone else give me advice?

It's not a Craigslist deal, but the company is small.

I talked to the owner today, and he gave me a very rough outline of certain projects, but he said that he could find other people to hire if I was getting cold feet.

That was weird to me.
>>
>>1642686
where's that pic from? are those pelicans?

does sound weird, but i've mostly worked for big companies where they give you a super official, formal offer of employment. maybe this dude is just old school and comes from a time & place where 'a man is only as good as his word'.

maybe find a rental place that is month to month. or get a motel for the first week before moving all your stuff. if he's hiring for the job over skype, maybe it sucks shit. or maybe it is awesome and he doesnt give a fuck about you or your qualifications, and will just as well hire the next best guy in line.

lotta maybes in this equation. best luck, anon! what kind of business, and where is it?
>>
>>1642923
>where's that pic from? are those pelicans?

It's a stained glass window that was found in the executive suite of an abandoned Shell office in Europe.

>maybe this dude is just old school

He's definitely not that.

>find a rental place that is month to month. or get a motel for the first week before moving all your stuff.

That's the problem.

Once I move out of my apartment here, I can't really go back.
>>
>>1642952
well then, giddyup, cowboy. destiny beckons.
>>
>>1643162

I'm not sure, bro.

If I move out there and the company doesn't give me enough hours to pay my rent, then I'm stuck in a bad situation.

The owner isn't being very transparent about how much his employees are making per year.
>>
>>1643275
Bro it sounds like bullshit i wouldnt move if you dont have anything to fall back on
>>
>>1643275
well then, tell him to suck your ass.
>>
>>1642899
High pressure tactics, trying to get you to make a decision now and commit. Why don't you just give him your social too while we're at it.
>>
>>1642686
Why are Freemasons so goddamn weird nowadays.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.