[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want an apprenticeship to be a motorcycle mechanic but I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 245.jpg (80KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
80KB, 1333x900px
I want an apprenticeship to be a motorcycle mechanic but I have fuck all to put on my CV. I'm only a few months out of highschool. Already tried to volenteer but they asked me what I could offer and i said the truth ("idk").

I'm 18. live in UK. My college is willing to ask garages if they are taking on an apprenticeship and give them my CV. But my CV is barebones. It has my mediocre grades and the fact I was a prefect (hall monitor). But 50% of my class was prefects.

I have no fucking idea how to sell myself. Interviewing is a whole separate ball game. I don't even have a motorcycle (planning to get one). I have no references and can't into nepotism. My stepdad's an engineer but my grades are too shit and it's too late to become an engineer. I like working on motorcycles.

I know how hard it is for businesses to filter out the retards and that's why they have this bullshit happy crap you have to push. I just want to make money holy fuck. I'm making 0 right now. People on welfare make more than me.
>>
>idk
should be
>im a hard worker and a fast learner, i want to gain experience working with you. you will not regret it!

they want to know that they arent wasting their time by taking you on as an apprentice.
even if you have no experience just show that you have a understanding of mechanics and are willing to put in the time/effort.
>>
>>1640566
I've realised from reading /biz/ I have to bullshit. I know bullshit here is illegal, so how would I answer this?

>Personal profile (talk to us about yourself)
>>
>>1640552
Why don't you go to junkyards and collect motorcycle parts to Frankenstein together something? It would be a pretty cool project and would give you something for your applications. In the meantime get another job and stop bumming around.
>>
>>1640586
>In the meantime get another job and stop bumming around.

I can't sell myself. Can't get a volunteering gig, have no experience to get a part time job. school didnt do shit in preparing me to get a job
>>
>>1640552
>idk

lol are you retarded.

How aren't you sitting on the internet learning everything you can about motorcycles? There's no excuses in this day and age to not know enough before an interview. You have the cumulative power of every slice of information in the history of mankind and you say "idunno man"

Sit on youtube, read books, go to the library, understand everything that makes a normal car work, go to junkyards and try to create something. You should have every skill in your head already and say to them

"I've worked tirelessly to understand every theoretical facet of motorcycles but I would like to put that into practice. I understand I am new, but my learning curve should be shallow as I'm a hard worker and already understand most tenants of the industry. Any investment in my early stages of learning should pay off in multiples for the repair firm"
>>
>>1640602
Everyone makes getting a job so fucking easy. I thought only specials went to junkyards creating underwater space robots. Fuck sake.
>>
>>1640618
it took me 8 straight months of close to 60 books and total unemployment to be able to interview well for the position I wanted.

I used an online used book store for it.

I also lifted a lot. That always helps in getting a job.
>>
>>1640575
FFS Stop being autistic, they want to know what you're interested in.

It doesn't even have to be normie shit, like I'll go into interviews and talk about how much I love video games and obscure movies and still get jobs(I work in sales/customer service).

They're just trying to make sure you're capable of the smallest amounts of human interaction, don't be retarded.
>>
>>1640621
I thought video gamers were deemed socially unacceptable? I admit I've been meaning to get a book on motorcycles from the library. I'll do it tommorow because I don't like to learn on the computer. I have to do the CV tonight.
>>
>>1640552
Getting trade apprencticeships is all about having a proven passion for doing whatever the trade is, they want to see you talk your head off about your own motorcycle and projects and interests. Its not like you can have much to show on a CV at that age
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.