[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have just turned 18 and graduated high school. What can I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1480268680319.jpg (536KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
1480268680319.jpg
536KB, 1280x1919px
I have just turned 18 and graduated high school.

What can I do to help ensure that I am financially comfortable well into my adult hood, where I have the freedom to do things I want to do (within reason) whilst not being limited by my financial position?

I currently have a part-time job only earning a few hundred a week (due to school and other commitments), and I am going to university.

I would like to become more financially literate, what are some good resources so I can learn?
>>
Don't marry, don't have kids, don't get into debt.
>>
/biz/ is the best place to learn financial literacy.
>>
>>1639863
It at least has people with some life experience.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mqpgvbgQ6R1qz4rgp.jpg (38KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mqpgvbgQ6R1qz4rgp.jpg
38KB, 300x419px
>>1639857
Watch these videos from the king of /fit/. Take the time and listen to him carefully, it's worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfQ0PVIuJn20SQ0ZvcLZEkw-Qq81M6vX8
>>
>>1639857
>>>/investopedia/
>>
>>1639862
If you are going to listen to some one let it be this post.
>>
File: wew.jpg (58KB, 640x599px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
58KB, 640x599px
>>1640035
>telling anyone on this board not to get married
>>
>>1639972
This anything you don't understand too well there exists a Quizlet set to simplify it
>>
File: ifunny.png (25KB, 497x444px) Image search: [Google]
ifunny.png
25KB, 497x444px
>>1640097
>>
>>1639857

You don't look 18 in the photo OP
>>
>>1639862
This.

To elaborate further, if you do get into a relationship, dont spend a lot of money on it. Keep it to an absolute minimum.
There is literally no return on that investment.

Also never loan ANYBODY money unless they're legally obliged to pay you back. Learnt that the hard way.
>>
>>1640097
It's the absolute worst financial decision you can make.

>"Haha yeah let me just hand over half of my money and assets to you and if it doesn't work out like half of them dont, then you can take your half of my money and assets and on top of that ill have to financially support you for the rest of your life, but thats okay because it's tradition!"
>>
>>1640372

People buy things because they like it. Some people like having children and family.

If you left the 4chan "women and family will cheat you and you will instantly die if you marry" echo-chambers you'll realize that families are A-okay
>>
>>1640372
Is that only in the US? I think we have other rules here (Sweden)
>>
>>1640397
If you take a look into your local marriage law you'll realize what a fuckup marriage can (!) be for men.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.