[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone offer a concise summary explaining why de-regulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: slide_6.jpg (126KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_6.jpg
126KB, 960x720px
Can anyone offer a concise summary explaining why de-regulation became such a popular policy in the 1970's - 1980's?

Was there a particular catalyst event that left people disenfranchised with government agencies?

Not looking for opinion into how de-reglation has affected the economy just insight into why it was so popular during that time in particular
>>
>>1639731
>he still thinks the 08 crash was caused by deregulation.

AHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>1639732

apparently you cant read. I'm not interested in your retarded theories on the crash
>>
>>1639731
my understanding is that the southern strategy was to capture anger at the government for the civil rights victories of the 60's and direct it at regulations that fetter business. All in the name of profit of course.

This strategy is still working, notice that the GOP promises trade regulation and tax cuts as well as getting rid of illegal immigrants. Watch what actually happens though, since exporting jobs, importing cheap labor, and cutting taxes on the wealthy are all normal agendas of business. The GOP runs on a populist platform but delivers primarily to biz.

The libertarian and anti-establishment types found on both sides but particularly on the right are just useful idiots. Nobody is going to ban abortion, nobody is going to fetter the businesses that sponsor them, and nobody is going to reduce the size of the military/industrial complex that employs them. That would be silly.

of course this betrayal just results in more anger with the government and the cycle continues.
>>
>>1639751
Thanks for the thought out response.
I never really thought about the context of the civil rights victories
>>
>>1639731
the rise of new conservative movement under reagan and thatcher, i mean if you cant figure that out oin your own ur fucked
>>
>>1639759
here of all places it should be clear. Racism and muh free markets go hand in hand. Convince poor uneducated whites that they're failing while minorities are succeeding not because of social factors, but because the government is interfering in free markets that would otherwise elevate them.

and maybe they're right, though history shows there was always a large class of whites that didn't thrive, even when minorities were enslaved and racism was part of the institution.

fact is like your cartoon shows, most businesses love regulation. We just want regulation that protects us and harms our competitors is all. And sometimes we get it.
>>
>>1639760
> can't spell on
> tells me I'm fucked
>>
>>1639768
I think he has a point regarding the neo-con movement but it didn't start in a vacuum.

Reagan for example pushed the popular idea of granting amnesty to illegal immigrants while increasing border security to stop more from coming. He did in fact grant amnesty but overlooked border security because only one of those goals is in line with what businesses wanted.

it's worth looking at what conservatives actually do, not just what they say they want to do. In practice deregulation is aimed at helping specific sectors of business, it always has been.
>>
>>1639732
What a joke
>>
>>1639731

> 1980 to 2008 Comparison
> Completely ignores the fact of the rise of China as a superpower
> China floods the world with cheap crap subsidized by the CPC; effectively destroying and disrupting world industries (Solar for example).

You faggots even realize we're playing on a completely different "battlefield" now?

Every fucking Chinese conglomerate, like Alibaba is looking to take American business share, and they are doing it with rapid success thanks to the CPC protectionist policies, regulation, and direct financial support.

Every fucking chinese company competing for your market share is backed by their government and their self favoring regulations... why not ours?
>>
>>1639731
De-regulation has been a popular idea since 1776
>>
>>1640221
>> China floods the world with cheap crap subsidized by the CPC; effectively destroying and disrupting world industries (Solar for example).

And for you faggots who think "why do we need industry regulation?" Take a good look at the rise and dramatic fall of the domestic US solar panel industry as a case study...

US policies allowed the chinks to flood the domestic market and the world with so much overcapacity and destroy an entire industry, including their own.

Why do you think the Americans are scared of handing over SanDisk to the chinese?

We're afraid the Chinks will flood and destroy the DIMM/Memory and semiconductor industry like they did with Solar.
>>
>>1639746
>you don't follow the same belief of my image
>That must mean you are retarded because images with text are never wrong.
/leftypol/ fuck off. you are worse than plebbit.
>>
Bottom line, the world market
> in 2016
is a whole new ballgame of Global manipulation of currencies, industries, and resources by every country and every power, from the EU, to China, to Venezuela.

Saying that the US will not use domestic policies to reduce the influence of other Countries market manipulation is like trying to play the world economy game with one arm tied behind your back.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.