[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dad just gave me $500 to invest in my first stock trading account.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: bPFKBdy.jpg (44KB, 498x361px) Image search: [Google]
bPFKBdy.jpg
44KB, 498x361px
Dad just gave me $500 to invest in my first stock trading account. What should I buy biz?
>>
Nothing unless you're using a fee-free system like Robinhood

Let's say your broker requires $9/trade. You open a trade, you later close it. $18 total. You had invested $482. $18 is 3.73% of $482. That $482 worth of stock needed to rise by 3.73% just for you to *break even*

Since commissions/fees are generally fixed, trading with small amounts of money puts you at a disadvantage right out of the gate
>>
Unless you're planning on daytrading and losing all of your money, that 500 won't make you much
>>
>>1637860

memes
>>
>>1637976
what are your top meme ETF picks?
>>
>>1637860
Go to your library and check out all the books on stock trading, don't buy anything from anyone claiming to be able to teach you to be a pro (e.g. Tim Sykes). But most importantly, and I can't stress this enough, don't listen to a damn thing anyone says on this board.
>>
>>1638020

VOO
JNUG
DUST
>>
SKLN
>>
>>1637868
quit trying to make op and newbies fail with your meme brokerage

>lol its FREE! they only take away and invest what you dont! :)

gee, seems like that could be considered mandatory for use of the trading broker, almost like a COMMISSION/FEE!
>>
>buying individual stocks
>>
>>1637860
RDS.B
>>
>>1638219
I didn't and don't recommend Robinhood, I just used it as an example. If I were OP, I would look at something like Loyal3
>>
>>1637860
Try this thread: >>1635875

Say you're a beginner wanting to learn, and ask someone for their add code. Don't expect to make a lot of money; just try not to lose your $500 being rash. In the grand scheme of things, $500 isn't a lot, so just use it to gradually learn the stock trade.
>>
>>1638199
This guy, except check the dates on the library books. There are a lot of books sitting there that have some good principles but don't relate to today's markets, especially around ease of trade.
>>
File: 1475263824462.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475263824462.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>1637868
>mfw RH is not available in Australia so I'm stuck with $19.95 US per trade
>>
>>1638199
>don't listen to a damn thing anyone says on this board.
They've made me over 2.5k
maybe you should tell him to have good judgement instead
>>
>>1637868
>>1637860
Then Etoro would be good.
>>
>>1637860
VTI
>>
nothing, if you're paying $10 in fees you're already 2% down, wait until you have $1000
>>
>>1638219
last i checked a 0.001 fee is cheaper than $9/trade
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.