[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23 and I've worked for my Father's janitorial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1475244974592.jpg (7KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
1475244974592.jpg
7KB, 213x237px
I'm 23 and I've worked for my Father's janitorial company since I was 19. No employment history before that. I don't really get paid. I just get free housing and still treated like a kid. He buys me clothes, video games, etc. pretty much whenever I ask. I work maybe 3-4 hours a day doing inventory, invoices, bookkeeping, etc. Mostly computer stuff.

How do I write a resume with this experience to get a real job? I'm too autistic to get any retail/fast food/customer service job and do fat to do any general labor job without wanting to pass out. I just want a basic office cubicle job. Do you need people skills during an interview to get a job at a call center? I can't even pass interviews at grocery stores and fast food. They say I need to be more elaborate and more confident. It's not my fault they make me speed walk behind them to the other end of the store then immediately start asking questions while I'm catching my breath.

What do? Could I become a delivery driver or something? Just want something easy to start with to make my own money for once. Maybe go to community college.
>>
>>1636949
try r9k
>>
>>1636952
Reported
>>
>>1636949
You need to get uncucked from your parents.
But it will take major change in your life to do this.
You need to change your hobbies, your days, your mentality. Show them you are capeable of achieving something.
First things first, lose weight.
>>
>>1636949
Lose weight, you fatass.

Next, see if your father is open to the idea of you taking a more relevant role in his business. He could potentially expand if you took joint or eventually sole control of hiring and securing contracts. If he refuses then there's a good chance he quite likes you in your current docile and helpless state, and you should start planning to leave and make it by yourself. The obvious move would be to get your own cleaning business going since that's where your existing skills are.

Just get out more. Social skills are improved by practice in the field, not sitting alone in a room and rehearsing the perfect pick-up line or the wittiest comeback. Volunteer or something. You can progress and earn a position of responsibility / authority even in a voluntary role and it pads a resume nicely.
>>
>>1636949
Just ask you dad for a paid job (minimum wage would be appropriate considering you're living at home).

Also, start working out and cutting calories.
>>
>>1637009
Yeah that's my situation, min wage at my dads company but get to save everything since they buy me food ect ect, hoping to buy a place to rent out in a couple of years.
>>
>>1637014
why would you leave this? Just pay your dad some extra cash and ask for some independence.

Also, ask your dad for resume help. He should be able to let you know what employers are looking for and how to spin your past experiences into positive and worthwhile ventures
>>
Sounds like your dad stunted your growth.

At 18 he should have either offered you a legit position in the company or nothing at all.

At this point if he isn't going to give you a legit position. You should seek one somewhere else.

As for the resume, make a bunch of shit up.
>>
im serious look at this: (no download, no virus u idiots)

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/33j2c0vP/file.html
>>
>>1637023
>free virus just click my link
>>
File: ind.jpg (78KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
ind.jpg
78KB, 550x413px
>>1637023
fuck off
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.