[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a full-time job with local government that pays 50k plus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: fff.jpg (8KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
8KB, 235x215px
I have a full-time job with local government that pays 50k plus benefits. I only spend around 25-30 hours per week actually working. Job atmosphere is very easygoing, high degree of autonomy and next to no accountability as long as my work is done professionally and competently.

I've been offered a move to the private sector for around 65k (exact number would need to be negotiated), but would be a real 40-45 hours of work per week.

Instead of making the move out of the public sector, what are some good ways to make money with a "part-time" gig/business during the work week?
>>
Take the cushy job. I make 96K a year doing something with a ton of responsibility (people die if I mess up) and work 50 hours a week. It's not worth it. I save 80% of my money and it doesn't bring me joy. i wake up everyday wishing to quit.
>>
>>1636686

This
>>
>>1636686
Sorry to hear that man. Medical field?

I'm pretty set on staying in my current position. I value my time pretty highly, and I really dislike the idea of working the the managing partners of the organization that wants to hire me.

It would be really nice to come up with something to occupy my free time with, though. Brainstorming now for some good ideas. Lead seems to be real estate.
>>
>>1636686
I totally think that if you've got the option for a high stress, high paying job, that you should take it and just save whatever you can for as long as you can.

You can always step down, but not always step up.
>>
>>1636691
Yeah, i'm a pharmacist. It's not worth it and i'm actually looking into applying for some tutoring jobs because I value my quality of life more than the money.
>>
>>1636686
>>1637572
how is a pharmacist making "only" 96k ?

the lowest paid 10% of pharmacists made 90k in 2014

you should either ask for a raise or quit
>>
>>1637573
I live in Canada and am a new grad. If I was working in a large city i'd be making 70K. The profession is fucked here and has been flooded by immigrants and increased class sizes.
>>
>>1636673
I recently left a job in public sector where I used to rock up late, take a long lunch, leave early, post memes and read most of the day and got excellent performance reviews.

Was on a total package of around 96k AUD and it was lush.

Hustled my way to an offer from a big bank for a package of 135k AUD and took it.

I'm getting pumped hard, but learning a lot and you can manage your life around it. I had side businesses doing some e-commerce at the cushy job that were making me another 1-2k a year but the opportunities in the big pond are way bigger than that.

Choose the challenge.
>>
>>1637668

Fellow Ausbrah here.

May I ask what the position was and who you were with?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.