[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /biz/, I thought about getting into business related stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: biz.jpg (220KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
biz.jpg
220KB, 1200x798px
Hello /biz/,
I thought about getting into business related stuff but I dont know where to start.
I tried educating myself on some internet pages which had tutorial on them on how to start investing etc.
But it always feelt like there was a lack of my knowlege and I coudnt understand the guide for beginner.
I knew that the problem was not having enough background knowlege.
But where should I start then? Can you recommend some blogs/videos/books?
I tried lurking on /biz/ and thought that it would be enough unfortunately that was not the case
>>
>>1636272
Read biographies of the top entrepreneurs for inspiration.

Start from zero. School didn't teach shit about business. Assume you know nothing because you do.

https://www.youtube.com/user/patrickbetdavid
is a nice reality check channel
>>
>>1636460
Thank you for the tips
>>
File: bizlit3.jpg (2MB, 2845x1682px) Image search: [Google]
bizlit3.jpg
2MB, 2845x1682px
EDUCATE YOURSELF!
>>
>>1636503
Oh never saw this image before
Thank you
>>
>>1636272
Look up that Bill Ackerman video on the basics of investing. Then do a few of the Shkrelli finance lessons/lectures.

That'll give you the basics of accounting enough to know how a business works.

Michael E. Porter is a great one to watch lectures of. You can tell that he and Clay Christensen are big influences on how Apple design their Product Lines.

Also read some Berkshire-Hathaway letters
www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/letters.html

I'd recommend reading
>Influence - Bob Cialdini
>Same Side Selling - Quarles, Altman
>Marketing Myopia - Theodore Levitt
>The Innovator's Dilemma - Clayton Christensen

I've also heard good things about Zero to One by Theil, Only The Paranoid Survive by Grove, Ray Dalio's "Principles" book..

I can't think of any good marketing literature off the top of my head. But marketing should be a third of anything you learn, I see a lot of people on here talking about businesses totally neglecting how they can extract more value or get more customers through soft techniques like marketing.
>>
>>1636607
Thank you for your help
>>
Try this out :

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/33j2c0vP/file.html
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.