[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm starting uni next year (I'm 18 and just graduated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1479784530353.png (513KB, 636x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479784530353.png
513KB, 636x500px
So I'm starting uni next year (I'm 18 and just graduated High school). I work at pizza hut for around 30 hours a week. Should I put some money aside and invest it into an energy company? I'm going to be studying IT and might start a business from that. Does that sound like a decent idea?
>>
>>1635148
>an energy company

yea . put ur money in that.
it sounds like a great business model with terrific financials and a very attractive valuation.
>>
>>1635152
Well if not that then do you have any tips? Its better to invest in something than nothing at all.
>>
>>1635156
RDS.B
>>
>>1635156
Read a book. Your investment strategy comprises of picking an energy company, that's practically gambling.
>>
>>1635156
>Its better to invest in something than nothing at all.
most of the time it's literally not
>>
>>1635148
The only place where you should invest right now is your education.
>>
>>1635186
>>1635202
>>1635234

Guys could you give this fellow anon some fucking advise instead of just bashing his idea!? He's trying to be productive part of society, not just some bassement dwelling SJW nerd. Ffs it's way better to start at young age.
>>
>>1635241
But his idea is bad. He isn't investing, he is speculating. What if he suddenly needs money, because his car broke down or his parents kicked him out and the "energy company" is down 50% at this moment?
OP, save enough money to survive at least 4 months, afterwards just buy an ETF like Vanguard.
>>
Okay you already know your idea is risky because of the other anons.

To answer your question, your best bet would be to invest in a major oil company like Shell (RDS.A). This is because they are established, pay a great dividend, and will benefit from a reversal in oil prices.

It's hard to imagine not making money if you let your investment sit over a couple of years. During that time, dedicate any spare time you have reading about Shell and keeping up with news relating to the stock, market, and industry.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>1635148
>invest into an energy company
Don't do it if it's a meme green energy company, sure way to lose money once Trump starts defunding that shit and it goes bankrupt
>>
>>1635241
Unless u got the hookup on batteries or can sell power back to the grid u may as well not. Panels and turbine efficiency is big boy game their for 20 years. U could study up and be a consultant. All the rich guys are ridingoing that train. I'd just go to school and save it till u done.
>>
How safe is it to dump all the money you saved up for years into vanguard?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.