[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop an app from becoming novel. I mean, how can I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: dontaskforsauce.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dontaskforsauce.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
How do I stop an app from becoming novel.
I mean, how can I get my users to keep on using the app, and not have it die out after like 3 months of hype. I run an app called Houseparty and its doing insanely well but its failing to get consistent usage.
All suggestions welcome. Feel free to AMA, I was going to ask this on Reddit but I decided against it.
>>
>>1633775
dude good job!

are you rich as fuck now
>>
>>1633783
also I want to mention I literally never heard of your app before this thread but I see you have a shitload of twitter followers and some big names too so you must be popular

maybe you need more marketing
>>
>>1633783
I worked for Meerkat before, if you remember that app. I left the company to start Houseparty because I had the money too, I want to push Houseparty further than Meerkat because of the nature of its functionality, its not so much a Livestreaming service, but a video calling service, the concept is nothing new but people enjoy it because of the simplicity of it, which is something I set out to achieve when I got the idea.
>>
>>1633786
The big names were paid to use the app, that was a marketing tactic in itself, however I think that to make people stay and use the app, for longer than 3 months, I need to give them a motive to stream, I cant figure out what it is though.
>>
>>1633790
I remember meerkat
always sort of considered it the 'knock-off' periscope no offense

this houseparty app,like you said its basically just group video chat

so i mean how do you get groups of friends to keep setting up video chats with each other? I dont know man im not normie enough to answer that question from my moms basement sorry

but I genuinely wish you much success
>>
i was just thinking more about group video chats and remembering my days visiting tinychat rooms 4-5 years ago

does your app offer any sort of public rooms for strangers to meet? also what is the max user per room just curious
>>
>>1633798
We released Meerkat just 2 months after Periscope was released, it proved to be a mistake, but non the less, it was certainly good while it lasted, however if I could have gone back in time, I would not have went into live content publication, its very hard to monetise, and as I said, users come and go rather quickly.

Users on Houseparty send informal invites to each other, via in app messaging capabilities (providing that you are friends and have contact with the person you are sending an invite too), from there the invitee is allowed to enter the chat so as long as there is space. If however a a user who is not friends with another user, who is already in a chat, a notification will show telling them that a stranger has joined (this mostly happens when a friend of a friend is invited).
>>
>>1633800
Up to 8 people can be in a chat at one time, when someone leaves, the rest of the chat will be notified and there will be space for someone to retake their place.
There is no space for strangers to meet, unless you are in an already existing chat and another user invites someone you are not frineds with.
However there is no Omegle type way to communicate or invite strangers, only friends can invite friends, as we believe it is safer this way, especially considering the young demographic.
>>
>>1633775
I don't know jackshit but look at snapchat, it always has some kind of new content even if it is just a shitty filter. Gotta make something look new and shiny for people to keep interested.
>>
>>1633818
This was an idea our team were playing with, thank you for your suggestion.
>>
is there anything more to the app besides just video chat?

like i mean

can the users draw on the screen for everyone to see or put stickers etc other stupid shit like that?

if people can make like a culture in their friend circle of using your app then it will survive for a longer term. does that make sense? its gotta be fun for them i think. they need to be able to meme in your space and make their friends laugh
>>
>>1633775
Installs
1,000,000 - 5,000,000

Congratulations man!!

>>1633795
Can you elaborate on this? Did you just contact them over instagram and offer them money to promote it?
>>
>>1633907
Thank you.
Many of the popular users have agents who we had to contact first, to confirm the legitimacy of the proposition, once we got through their agents we were referred to a third party who handled the negotiation of how much that specific person would be paid to use the app, and advertise it on their other social media platforms.
>>1633826
That can be done, but I cannot see it being a worth while implementation in the long run, especially considering that a competitor, SnapChat, is doing a similar thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.