[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/, what degree involving business should I pursue in university?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: fox.png (40KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
fox.png
40KB, 551x551px
/biz/, what degree involving business should I pursue in university? Busines Administration? What are the pros and cons? Currently thinking about Temple's Fox School of Business.
>>
Don't settle. Wharton is the only school you should be looking at in philly
>>
>>1631647
The nice thing about business is that it doesn't matter as much as in other fields. Every degree which has something to do with money, finance and economics can be the right path towards your goal. It doesn't make a huge difference wether you go for an economics, business administration or accounting degree, unlike in fields like medicine, law or engineering where you need a certain degree to even get your foot into the door. Most jobs in business are avaible to you afterwards (banking, accounting, administration, marketing, ...).

What you should focus more on is personal improvement (make yourself valuable because of your skills and character, not because of a degree) and getting to know the right people. Join your universities finance club, maybe join a frat, talk with the other guys who study the same thing as you or have the same goals. Get to know people. And most importantly: INTERNSHIPS. You will never get a job at the bank you always wanted to work at if you didn't intern there. Why should they take you instead of the 20 other guys who worked for them already?

Also since you're in the US it's probably important to which university you went but in europe this barely matters so I have no advice for you on that.
>>
>>1631652
This. I got a buddy that may be moving there if you need a roomate. Hes a jackwagon but always has naked females running around and likes to party. Far as degrees go i dropped out pf two junior community colleges.

I regret nothing.
>>
>>1631647
Nice or maybe not so nice to know a fellow /biz/nessman is considering temple. I graduated from fox back in 2008. Good school with recognizable programs. I studied finance and now working in SF making 90k as an insurance cuck. I do agree with this anon. >>1631652
Wharton is top notch worldwide. That's a school worth drowning yourself in debt.
>>
>>1632945
What was your major?
>>
>>1631647

do you have no actual skills?
does the thought of a learning trade scare you?
are you computer illiterate?
do you only have vague notions of what a "business administrator" actually does?

if this be you, then you're gonna go far, kid
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.