[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about finding a DSP programmer? More specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 00biz.jpg (73KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
00biz.jpg
73KB, 650x487px
How would I go about finding a DSP programmer? More specifically someone that can create VST/AU plugins to process/generate audio in music software?

I have years of experience with audio production and engineering as well as graphic design. I have even created GUI's for companies plugins in the past and savvy for internet marketing and website creation.

I have experience in programming, but no idea where to start for DSP based applications other than platforms like JUCE. I'd ideally like to find a partner that can essentially take my own engineering FX chains and other sound design ideas and bundle it into one solid plugin. I can handle the GUI/Marketing etc.

tl;dr; best place to find niche programmers in fields such as DSP?
>>
File: squarepusher-title-188.jpg (220KB, 980x520px) Image search: [Google]
squarepusher-title-188.jpg
220KB, 980x520px
>>1631518
Squarepusher does it himself, why can't/don't you?
>>
https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=dsp%20audio
Make an account and start interviewing candidates.
>>
How much money can you make on this stuff? These can be downloaded and pirated for free can they not?
>>
>>1631717
I've attempted learning JUCE but I know its going to take several months for me to even begin to do what I want. This option is still on the table but I'd prefer to find someone who knows exactly what they're doing.

>>1631723
thanks anon this is actually a pretty helpful resource. already spotted some promising leads.

>>1631754
Yes, they're certainly pirated quite a lot. However there definitely is a viable market for this at the moment. Everyone and their mom is trying to become a bed room producer these days. If you price your product well enough (~$50 or ~$90 vs the $400-$500 plugins) you will see people actually buy it. The key is a slick looking GUI, a great marketing video with well made demos/examples of what it can do. Essentially selling things like this properly is understanding you are selling someone on their dream (not necessarily just a product). You want to make a plugin that makes them think it is _THE_ missing piece that will make them a hit producer or rockstar. I know this market very well, I have many producer friends that impulse new products like these if they are appealing enough.
>>
>>1631808
*impulse buy
>>
File: 1474971954600.jpg (6KB, 236x106px) Image search: [Google]
1474971954600.jpg
6KB, 236x106px
>>1631808
the real question is why do u wanna scam people and sell them a dream
is that honestly why you got into the music business?

why not sell insurance?
>>
>>1631814
I'm not interested in scamming people, I intend for people to genuinely find use in my product because it is modeled after FX chains I use in my projects successfully. I'm just saying the mentality of the potential customer base and the way it needs to be marketed.
>>
>>1631518
I don't want to buy your plugin unless you are company that is going to continue to support the platform. When there is a mac os x update, you need to be able to get the plugin working. You have to support people when their computer crashes and they need to reinstall years later.

This is one of those threads where its like "I need to hire someone to do my idea so I can make money." Nobody is going to help you. Anyone that could possibly help you already has their own plugin company and already knows how to create DSP chains. You'd have to learn how to program every effect and the entire system yourself. Unless you have hundreds of thousands of dollars nobody is going to work for you.
>>
>>1631825
I do plan on continuing to support the platform though. I'm just looking for a business partner that will do the programming side and continue to stay within the company to do updates. I wouldn't mind giving them the larger cut of the sales either for incentive.
>>
>>1631816
you have the wrong attitude to bring a truly revolutionary successful new product to market keep whoring that tiem share dream tho.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.