[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm creating a cult for monetary gain. Anyone else doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: aliens.png (5KB, 324x432px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.png
5KB, 324x432px
I'm creating a cult for monetary gain.

Anyone else doing the same?

It seems to require a lot of disjointed interests and knowledge, which is my best guess to why so few people do it.
>>
Bullshit

Post some material
>>
>>1631125
>which is my best guess to why so few people do it
Really? You don't think a lack of sociopathy is a factor?
>>
>>1631125
>which is my best guess to why so few people do it.
Lots and lots of people do it, it is just that the failure rate is extremely high. It doesn't require "disjointed interests" or any other autistic shit to run a cult. It requires a deep understanding of human emotion and how to manipulate it without generating resentment or violent sexual-based conflict. It is extremely difficult to pull off, even Carlos Castaneda died broke.
>>
You should save your cultists and just kys yourself
>>
>>1631125
Hey I wanted to do it for like years...
I imagined a cult that works a bit like secret societies with hidden knowledge and practices on different levels but in general it would teach positive thinking in a mysterious way. Something like what Law of Attraction gurus do.
If you're thinking something like this, I would gladly join!
In fact I already made a website/brand about teaching lucid dreaming and astral travel, wrote 20+ articles and made cool pictures with quotes on them... you know, spiritual, new age stuff. But then I closed it because it didn't have enough traffic and I haven't got time to work on it every day.
>>
That's called a secret society. They exist and are extremely popular.
>>
>>1631139
This. In my limited time studying cults, they're all master manipulators. There's tons of books written on how people are most easily manipulated. Just do that. Combine it with a cheap ripoff of Christianity and you'll definitely get somebody.
>>
>>1631158
https://discord.gg/FY4rS6g
We can discuss this, hit me up.
>>
>>1631125
> which is my best guess to why so few people do it

Those that do it, and do it successfully, are so successful that you or most people don't recognize them as cults.

We're not in the Jim Jones era of sending people off to some godforsaken country under max surveillance.

Take this faggot for instance
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kemetprince1

Word salad and woo. Preys on people's insecurities and fears by pretending to help them assuage them
>or more accurately making an audience member think s/he is tackling her/his own insecurities/fears, with IW's help.

Most of the content is provided for free.

He also sells books and CDs.

The real kicker is this
https://ralphsmart.com/1to1-sessions/

£350 /session hr
or
$435.11/session hr

When you could get better results from reading Marcus Aurelius, Camus and Heidegger for free.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.