[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About a month ago I asked on here for "boring" stocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1488.jpg (31KB, 750x169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1488.jpg
31KB, 750x169px
About a month ago I asked on here for "boring" stocks I could buy to balance all the flashy tech and commercial companies I owned.

I got some decent advice, but the one stock that stuck out to me was good ole' American Steel ($X). Doesn't get much more boring and simple as that.

Then Donald Trump began to make America great again and this shit happened.

I just wanted to let whoever gave me that tip to know I deeply appreciate it. Next stop: The Moon.
>>
>>1630842

Cash out before Trump fails to follow through.
>>
>>1630842
hi, im the guy that gave you the tip. i recommended X as a joke but it looks like it worked out for you. good luck.
>>
steel stocks are cyclical. I'd take profit before it crashes back down again.
>>
i don't know if I'm the guy.

But someone asked what stocks to buy for the election once, and they put 'X' as in '___'

But I thought they meant the stock X, so I recommended X stock if trump wins. This was a while back.
>>
>>1631193

Well you recomended like three of four others that I also considered.

It was actually a surprisingly nice thread. I asked a question and recieved a lot of good ideas.
>>
>>1630842
I see you also are holding the bag on Smith and Wesson
>>
>>1630850
$0.07 has been deposited into your account. Thank you for Correcting The Record!
>>
>>1631389
Ya. That was my Hillary Wins hedge. Sold 7,500 of that immediately at even. Only lost $200 on the leftovers.
>>
>>1630842
Thats not how you fucking "balance" a portfolio.
You cant just pick a random "boring" stock to balance your "risky" stocks.

If you want to properly diverify your risk away you need to look at the covariances between your risky stocks and all other potential stocks and then contruct a minimum variance portfolio if you wanna optimize return for minimum risk.
>>
I mentioned X many months ago based on some news long before the election. This was back when it was around $15 a share. I was laughed at. I didn't buy any shares. I played myself.
>>
File: ypys.png (336KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
ypys.png
336KB, 600x337px
>>1633736
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.