[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>do very well at school >have a fucking awful time at university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: QYPlmPQ.png (20KB, 638x547px) Image search: [Google]
QYPlmPQ.png
20KB, 638x547px
>do very well at school
>have a fucking awful time at university as a friendless loser, doing a subject I had zero interest in, at a university I disliked
>graduate with acceptable grade (plus a few other education related CV worthy things)
>have failed 20+ internship or graduate job processes due to some combination of bad social skills / bad interview skills / ugliness
>been working retail for over a year

So that's it then? Doing well at education (and finding all of my previous work experiences easy) still puts me on the loser tier retailcuck scrapheap if I'm not a normie who can impress HR women with my answers to STAR competency questions?

Some posh person who goes to a private school is taught to act in an ubernormie way and skates through a zero work arts degree at university. This is the type of person interviewing me when I go to graduate job interviews in London.

Is anyone else like me? Is there any hope?
>>
File: 1420193090346.jpg (61KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
1420193090346.jpg
61KB, 600x673px
>have a fucking awful time at university as a friendless loser, doing a subject I had zero interest in, at a university I disliked
it's because you're doing something you have no passion/interest in and the interviewers probably smell it on you.
>>
>>1629177
>friendless
University is the best place to make friends that have a decent amount of wealth and will give you connections allowing you to skip that interview. Even if a university degree was useless I would still go just for those juicy connections.
>at a university I disliked
Doesn't matter. Same person, same outcome regardless of what university you go. Do you think suddenly switching high schools is going to get you friends if you're friendless? Fuck no. Either accept it or make friends.
>Some posh person who goes to a private school is taught to act in an ubernormie way
Should've befriended them while you had the chance.
>bad social skills / bad interview skills
Sometimes we all turn into stuttering fucks around certain people.
>ugliness
People tend to care more about A. Are you fun or okay to be around? B. Do you get the job done? C. How long are you planning to stay here.
>Is anyone else like me?
Doesn't matter what position I apply for, people try to promote me to management, want me to become assistant chef and now I'm in an apprenticeship with zero experience. I have no university experience so obviously I'm fucking scared because I'm walking on thin ice. Yet at the same time I have more opportunities than most of my friends so it balances itself out.
>Is there any hope?
Just remember what you love and why you're doing what you're doing.
>>
>>1629177
you should try r9k
>>
File: B54r9pJ.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
B54r9pJ.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1629177
Education and wagecucking is not the way to go 2016. Average job at a same house lasts only 4 years, there are no "careers" anymore like 20 years ago. I doubt that your normie friends are doing much better. Born rich or be fucked, or start doing something else by yourself.
>>
>>1629360
>you should try r9k

Is this a meme or are you the same guy shitposting it on every thread?
>>
>>1629369
Its universally good advice for posts like this. There's an entire board dedicated to this specific brand of autism, so why not use it?
>>
File: 1357174107181.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1357174107181.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1629375
r9k is mostly kids. really stupid kids. biz have higher average age and i would even say higher average wealth, as only people with money to spend are drawn into investment world (in general)
>>
>>1629367
basically this, there are very few life long careers available anymore. majority of people will switch jobs on average every 5 years
>>
>>1629177
I'm in the same boat. haven't graduated yet but scared there will be nothing for me at the end in terms of jobs. why didn't i just study comupter information systems or something normie? Like business?
>>
i got a computer science degree but I hate the subject and haven't even applied for any jobs in that field. I now consider myself unskilled and have worked as a delivery driver for 3 years.

Most of my energy goes into not killing myself.
>>
>>1629518
>but I hate the subject
then y you get degree?
>>
The western world is overflowing with make-work white collar office jobs. Most places I've worked with cant even keep their seats filled. If you got a degree and cant get a shitty generic salaried office job then i dont know what to tell you, thats on you. Youre doing something wrong or youre not trying.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.