[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>never pay for oil changes or air filters or car washes >Never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

>never pay for oil changes or air filters or car washes
>Never own a car long enough for any significant mechanical problems
>car is almost always under warranty
>brand new car every few years

Why don't you lease? Owning a car is a losing investment
>>
>>1629067

>own one car
>lease a nice one
>>
I think leasing is economically viable for young people starting careers that require travel who want a new car
>>
Cause in the long run you will lose thousands

What's a good lease, like $500 a month?
>>
>>1629067
because i get really good prices on cars
if i added up maintenance im sure id still be under your lease cost
>>
>>1629067
THIS. Especially if it's tax deductible.
>>
>>1629067
>he doesn't write off his car as a business expense

Wageslave detected. Get off /biz/ and go back to pleasing Mr. Goldstein.
>>
Leasing is worth it only if you're a busy, high income earner like a lawyer or doctor.

Otherwise you should embrace your poverty and learn all those pleb, grease monkey skills necessary to maintain a car.
>>
>lease
Fuck biz it's like you love to lose money or something
>>
>>1629067

By leasing, you end up paying more than you would have just outright buying the car dummy.
>>
>>1629119
You have to be an independent contractor for that don't you?
>>
>car fags

>not living in NYC
>>
>>1629147
not necessarily.

employees aren't allowed to write off their car for commuting to work, but they can write off miles used on business so long as their employer doesn't reimburse them for business travel.

but yes, generally it's the self-employed that write vehicles off. I think that was anon's point. Why are you still working for someone else when you can work for yourself and get your cars for FREE!?!

ignoring for the moment that most contractors take the 100% deduction the first year of purchase and can get a new car (or a whole fleet of them) tax free every year. In which case you might as well lease, it costs about the same.
>>
>>1629067
losing investment...

>2003 Acura MDX
>2002 Crown Vic
>2000 4x4 Blazer
>1985 bored out big block Chevy c10
>1979 show winning Harley
>1974 Oldsmobile limo with 455 rocket
Drive wtf ever I want.
Always have shit to work on and drink beer at with friends.
Break down.
If it rolls grab a chain.
If it doesnt roll just fix it.
Not having to drive 2 hours and wait a week for bullshit recall sevice.
Not saving 20 bux doing my own oil changes like a man.
My wtf ever goes out.
Call tim scot steve wtf ever in 20 minutes have a line on part i need on sunday when everything is closed. Trade a case of beer for 2 more hands to put tranny in.

It's like u faggots want to throw money away.

What is an antique tag?

What is having good friends drink beer and push you out of the mud as yall drive a 42 year old limo out of the junk yard 3 blocks and fire the back tire off to the coords before cutting donuts with a boat trailer on it...

Just another bitch bmw driver.

Im cruize with 8 of my best frinds with air horns.

Fucking get on my level.

>pic very related.
>sitting in the scrap yard awaiting the crusher with 50,000 miles on it. That house is full of batteries for some reason. I guess fire department and toe guys fuck them up and lead will soon be valuable? Whatever.
>>
>>1629089
>Travel.

Not being a cunt but bruh. Gl finding a lease with high miles.
>>
>>1629137

Not necessarily true. Most the time with interest rates and maintenance buying is much more expensive. A lot of leases take care of all maintenance even.

The last car I leased after it was over I had the option to buy and it would've been a total of about 4k cheaper if I had bought outright.
>>
>>1629104

Plus insurance?
>>
>>1629067
>driving
>not just biking everywhere
faggot detected
>>
>>1629292

You the pitcher or the catcher?
>>
>>1629104
Yep. That's why I drive the truck I bought new 16 years about Between the amortized cost + inflation it's less than $150 a month and it goes down every year. I also save a bundle on insurance since it's not new
>>
>not being self employed
>not abusing tax laws to get a brand new car for virtually no cost
>>
>>1629421
can't you just depreciate it over one year and then pass it out of business use and into personal the first of the next year?

I don't even think that's abuse, you're allowed to give yourself a car every now and then.
>>
>>1629163
when you write off those expenses, it comes off your total income, you dont directly get it back on your income tax dollar for dollar that you spent.
if I made 100grand and I pay tax on 100grand
If I have a lease thats a 5grand expense over the year, I now only pay tax on as if I made 95 grand. I wont get that 5g back on my income tax
>>
>>1629438
You're looking at it like a babby. Its not about what you get back.

Think of it like this.

You get extorted for $20,000 at the end of the year by the IRS and get absolutely fucking nothing in return.
or
You give $20,000 to the car dealer and get to drive a Porsche 911 or S-Class Mercedes every day.

Chances are, if you are making enough money to pay taxes that you would be looking to buy that Mercedes anyway.
>>
>>1629067
i got my car for $1500.. oil changes are cheap, just buy oil and a filter for 30

I've saved more by owning a jalopy than leasing or buying brand new.. Its just a piece of metal you sit on to get from A to B
>>
>>1629067
>tfw never owned a car

It's that simple
>>
>oil changes
even at an oil change per year, this cost won't add up to much of anything over 10 years
>>
>>1629067
>paying for oil changes
It's literally less than $30 and takes less than 1 hour if you do it yourself. You must be cucking yourself by paying someone else to do it for you.
>>
But I do lease and I will be getting another. £2400 down and £90 a month for a low Octavia and 10k miles a year.
>>
>>1629292
t.redneck
>>
>>1629772
> not changing your oil at least every six months
>ishygddt
>>
Do not ever lease from dealership. You will always find deals cheaper online from leasing companies. Don't be the tard leasing a Citroen cactus for £300 a month
>>
>>1629067

Don't you love people's complicated schemes and rationalizations for buying something stupid...

>muh tax return
>muh travel
>muh soft bitch hands

It's almost like homebuyers when they say

>I'm buying below appraised value, muh equity!!!
>I'll just rent out the extra closet on air Bnb
>but my payment is just above my rent

So many suckers so little time
>>
>>1629067

you know, if you learn basic automobile maintenance 101 type shit you can keep a used car running for 5-10 years or 300000+ miles for far cheaper than To Lease a car for $300-$500 a month for the the rest of your life.
>>
File: pointing-and-laughing.jpg (454KB, 1691x1123px) Image search: [Google]
pointing-and-laughing.jpg
454KB, 1691x1123px
>>1629410
>trying to act tough on 4chan.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479821899225.jpg (21KB, 512x371px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479821899225.jpg
21KB, 512x371px
>>1629816
You ever see a redneck not having fun?

Fuck yes i am a hick and proud of it.

It's more fun driving through the 100 foot long pit than driving a lambo. And ive done both.
>>
>not buying a car with solid cash
>not changing oil and air filters yourself
>not researching which car is the best value for what you want so you can get the most benefit for it

It's like you guys want to stay poor, helpless little children
>>
>>1629855
Pfff
>muh soft bitch hands.

Yeasssss!

Lol.

It really isnt rocket surgery.

2 of my best friends crawlwd up my ass because i declined a 401k from my company.

>but u cannot lose money AND the company matches ~% Anon!

Yet these same 2 faggots both reduse to read a single oersonal finance book and blindly throw 1/3rd of their after tax dollars into the stock market shillmill.

I think ill continue purchasing real estate. My company, god bless them, can keep their $500 contribution while i use it to make millions...
>>
>>1629946
Kek. I base a car choice on rather or not i have parts cars rotting with shit that will fit.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.