[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /early retirement/ here? I'm 27 and about to abandon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 39

File: 1478597337437[1].jpg (26KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478597337437[1].jpg
26KB, 500x600px
Who /early retirement/ here?

I'm 27 and about to abandon the wageslave world. Feels good
>>
>>1627356
25 here, looking to retire by 35.
>>
So what's your monthly expenses, NW, passive income and withdrawal rate? What investment vehicles have you chosen?

At such an early age, your swr must be pretty low.
>>
>>1627356

> 27
> about to retire

What?

So you have $1,000,000+ and don't need to work again.
>>
>>1627395
I'd say it would probably need to be more than that given the early age. At least 2M to really be safe
>>
>>1627356
How did you achieve this lifestyle?
>>
>>1627356
I retired at 32. I've been retired so long it no longer impresses me.

enjoy it, OP. It gets a bit boring after a while.
>>
>>1627399
I could retire with $550k if I live'd off of $800/m, which is more than I spend a month as it is.
>>
File: guru.jpg (51KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
guru.jpg
51KB, 1000x667px
>>1627356

Tell me the secret of your ways oh wise one.
>>
>>1627406
>How did you achieve this lifestyle?
What lifestyle? For all we know he's expecting to live like a king on $10k/annually. Or he lives in some third-world Yuropoor or Latin country.

Details matter.
>>
>>1627409
>$800/m
Literally below poverty level. You people are stupid as fuck.
>>
>>1627447
>dude why isn't everyone a materialist like me
>>
>>1627447
I retired on about $120k/year, which is what, $10k per month?

enough that neither me or my wife have to work. My kids don't really have to work either but I'd rather they did just because it's best to have skills to fall back on.
>>
>>1627451
That's a lot better than 800 per month. It would place you in the 4M net worth range which is good.
>>
>>1627467
>It would place you in the 4M net worth range which is good
assuming I retired solely off of tangible assets I suppose you're right.

in reality my net has fluctuated over the last 12 years, ranging from below $1 million to over $4 million.

currently my net worth is about $1 million. I live off income from my business though. Not off interest or capital gains. It is possible that I will lose everything at some point. Not likely, but possible.
>>
>>1627473
We're pretty much in the same place then. My income isn't fully inflation adjusted, though, so I'm working on that. so I don't consider myself retired yet
>>
>>1627479
I sell contracts six years into the future and adjust the price for inflation, so I'm covered on that. I don't factor in growth so that can go up and I'll be fine.

only real situation where I could lose is another business coming in and eating me for breakfast, but that's hard to do because of economy of scale. Even then I'd probably sell out to them and stay retired if they were a real threat.

I'm not really on a fixed income though. I can presumably always make more.
>>
>>1627447
I make six figures and only spent only around $5000 last year on expenses other than rent. It's not hard to be frugal if you aren't a retard.
>>
>>1627447

> keep spinning the hamster wheel

Okay bud. Have fun slaving away.
>>
>>1627449
>materialist
>poverty level

We're talking about actual, literal poverty here. Not just living a frugal lifestyle. Fucking reallife poverty.

Retard.

>>1627451
>$10k per month?
And? What the fuck does that have to do with my post?

Idiot.

Jesus, this thread.
>>
>>1627509
>What the fuck does that have to do with my post?
you said,
>you people
I gave you a counter example indicating your error.

you were too dim to understand and became insulting.

I have now explained it to you.

I think you're caught up now, let me know if you have any more questions.
>>
>>1627525
Yes, we all know you're the janitor who roleplays having sold a successful business in at least 4 threads every day.

And yet, in all that time, you've never posted shred of evidence or proof.

So no, dumbass, you haven't provided any "counter example." On the contrary, you confirm the worst stereotypes on this board. Sad.
>>
File: PB070803 (800x610).jpg (272KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
PB070803 (800x610).jpg
272KB, 800x610px
>>1627534
>you've never posted shred of evidence or proof.
I regularly post evidence, you just missed it I guess.

which is weird, considering you seem to read everything else I post. Which is also a bit sad.
>>
22 here about to retire and just live off the land
>>
>>1627540
I you think posting a few statements from a sweep account somehow proves anything you've said, then I'm even more convinced of your roleplaying.

Don't feel bad. You've got a lot of company on this board. You'e not even in the top half of interesting pretenders here.
>>
File: PA230215 (640x480).jpg (195KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PA230215 (640x480).jpg
195KB, 640x480px
>>1627576
well I suppose, if you're determined to doubt the only thing I could do is friend you on facebook, or give you my business name, either of which defeats the idea of anonymity.

however the mere fact that I have at least $100k a year going through my checkbook and can afford to post on /biz/ all day every day should tell you something.

I did take a week off last month to cruise the Caribbean with my family of course. I wasn't posting then except for this pic.

but bear in mind I'm here for much the same reason you are- to laugh at the pathetic stereotypes. Yours for example. You think I SOLD my business? Why would I do that? You can't imagine retiring except on money in the bank.

in reality most people that retire young do it the way I did- by drawing a salary from a business they own and employ others to run. It's funny to read /biz/ thinking a bank account or investments would do it for most people that start off poor.
>>
>>1627588
Congrats, you bought a ticket on a commuter ferry. That must have cost you a solid $3.50.

Just stop kid. You're not fooling anyone smart enough to care.

>at least $100k a year going through my checkbook
You think that's a lot? This is getting more and more sad.
>>
>>1627493
Calling bullshit. Unless you don't have a phone/Internet/water/power/insurance/tv/bill, car pooled or took public transportation everywhere and skipped out on basic hygiene supplies. What's the point of making 6 figs if you're just gonna live in poverty lol
>>
23 here and my website made 2000$ today, never had a job.
>>
>>1627601
I have a Nexus 5X I bought for $200 and spend $25 a month for service. I pay $50 a month for 100/10 internet through Comcast. I'm not a idiot boomer so I don't pay for cable. Water and electricity costs me $100 a month and food is around $150 a month. I bike to work, owning a car is a waste of money.
>>
>>1627606
How do you buy food for 150$ a month? Do you eat healthy foods or just eggs and rice lol...?
>>
>>1627604
can you elaborate
>>
>>1627606

How do you pay $25 for service? I need to lower my bill and I have a 5x too
>>
File: b08p04356_01 (2) (545x800).jpg (161KB, 800x545px) Image search: [Google]
b08p04356_01 (2) (545x800).jpg
161KB, 800x545px
>>1627598
well, 4 tickets actually.
I have family.

what's that come to, $14 at $3.50 each?

so tell me, do you make six figures doing nothing? Have you done so since your early 30's? Sure, it's not a lot of money, but it's pretty good pay for doing nothing the last 12 years.

have a smile, from my family to yours.
>>
File: 1469052073765.jpg (97KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1469052073765.jpg
97KB, 435x435px
>>1627607
>eggs and rice
>not healthy foods
>>
>>1627611
Google Fi, I'm been thinking of switching to FreedomPop or Ringplus, but haven't gotten to it yet.

>>1627607
A week's worth of groceries is generally 3 lbs of meat for $20, a loaf of bread for $3, 3 lbs for frozen veggies for $6, maybe a dozen eggs for $2. I buy rice in bulk. Of course I sprinkle in seasonings like curry and soy sauce and other random stuff. Occassionally I get potatoes and onions, those are really cheap and filling.
>>
File: a (1024x768).jpg (320KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
a (1024x768).jpg
320KB, 1024x768px
>>1627598
here's a pic of us in Hawaii a couple years back.
we do something like this once or twice a year.

most of my vacations probably cost more than you make in a year. No point in retiring broke.
>>
>>1627616
Nice pic, but 7-day cruises to Belize on blue-collar lines like Carnival cost as little as $399/person. That's less than ONE NIGHT at a decent New York hotel. If you're trying to impress us with your lavish spending, you're going to have to try harder.

Look, I don't doubt that you're a hard working middle-class breadwinner who earns a modest, but honest, living. Be proud of that. Why you would roleplay being a wealthy retiree is beyond me.
>>
>>1627622
>Nice pic, but 7-day cruises to Belize on blue-collar lines like Carnival cost as little as $399/person
with a balcony? hmm.
but you're right, that cruise set me back only about six grand with airfare. I spent a couple thousand more on jewelry, watches, meals, and drinks.

>I don't doubt that you're a hard working middle-class breadwinner who earns a modest, but honest, living. Be proud of that. Why you would roleplay being a wealthy retiree is beyond me.

a better question is if you think I'm hard working, how do I find all this time to hang out on /biz/?

the reality of my life isn't that exciting. I'm not roleplaying, I simply don't have a job. I do have a company worth a fair bit of money. I have currently 8 employees down from an all time peak of 16 in 2011, and I don't work.

believe it or not.
>>
>>1627356
late 20s here. Got a guarantied $24k/y in autismbucks, plus what ever I make from investing and gambling.
Pretty close to retired life, technically I'm classed as disabled tho.
Certainly not wealthy but quite comfy
>>
>>1627628
>how do I find all this time to hang out on /biz/?
Are you under the impression that shitposting on 4chan takes time, energy, or intelligence? You're living proof this isn't true.

As for why you keep roleplaying, I really don't know. I suspect you get off on the attention you derive from 16 year olds who aren't smart enough to know that you live a modest, unimpressive lifestyle. It's a shame you aren't more proud of what you are, rather than pretending on the internet.
>>
File: 1298850893632.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1298850893632.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1627622
also if you cared to check into it you'd likely find I've been lurking 4chan daily for years.

I am for example the anon on /an/ that has a 1000 gallon saltwater aquarium. They may or may not remember me there, but I've posted near daily on that board since shortly after moot made it.

I really have nothing better to be doing. And I'll probably be here a while.
>>
>>1627631
>you live a modest, unimpressive lifestyle
of course I do.
I say it all the time.

the only thing I ever blow money on is vacations.

a million bucks or a hundred thousand a year really isn't that much money. This thread is about retiring young though, and one of us actually knows something about that.
>>
>>1627619

you do realize your wife is horribly unattractive and you are clearly autistic to not realize this, as well as to post pics of your family on here.
>>
>>1627637
yes, I am autistic. Yes, I understand you don't want my wife.

Nobody cares if I post pics of my family here. The anon didn't believe I went on a cruise for some weird reason so I posted a pic for him.

I'm not sure why he thinks I'd lie about that, but he's clearly a skeptic.
>>
>>1627634
>a million bucks or a hundred thousand a year really isn't that much money
Wow big spender, I'm sure you're a local celebrity down at the Cracker Barrel too.

Look, I could seriously ruin your night here if we got into a dick measuring contest, but the truth is that I have respect for blue collar workers who provide for their families. I think your roleplaying and penchant for exaggeration is a bit pathetic and sad, but far it be from me to deprive you of your coping tools as long as you aren't feeding the youngsters intentionally bad advice.

To refresh your recollection, my only post in the thread was to point out that $900/month is below poverty levels. You -- for some reason -- took that as an invitation to engage in a discussion of your finances. Whatever. I don't feel like belittling you any further, and I've made my point to you quite clearly.

Have a pleasant evening.
>>
>>1627643
>Look, I could seriously ruin your night here if we got into a dick measuring contest,
do it, it would make me smile. I've seen several people here that are wealthier than me.

nothing you say changes my reality in the slightest so I don't take any of it personally.

I find it amusing that you honestly can't believe there are small business owners in the world and that some of them might not work. So crazy. Like we're some super-rare phenomenon.

enjoy your evening as well.
>>
>>1627641 >>1627616
tfw you post family pictures on 4chan
>>
>>1627648
so dox me.

you'll likely discover that I'm a retired business owner.

perhaps you'll send me some pizza. good luck finding delivery in the middle of the night though.
>>
BETA BUX FEEDER
>betabuxfeeder
BETA BUX FEEDER
>betabuxfeeder
BETA BUX FEEDER
>betabuxfeeder
BETA BUX FEEDER
>>
>>1627608
>spend the 3-5 years most people would working by living in your parents basement developing your website
>to the point where you make 2,000$
>>
>>1627356
>Retirement before 30
>Anything less than 10 million
Pick only one, unless you're going for that cuckshed and ramen noodels, with no health expenses
>>
>>1627616
>>1627619
Lmao.. this fucking guy.
Capping this thread for further lolz
>>
>>1627690
I've posted one of those pics here before.

currently doing my books for November.
If you have any sense once you get done laughing at me you'll perhaps ask how I got my business to buy me a new truck tax free.

Or how my biz is buying 1/3 of my house that I use for my office and warehouse. Or how I can, if I want, write off traveling the world as a business expense.

I'm cringeworthy, but the truly funny threads on /biz/ aren't ones I'm in.
>how do you save money, /biz/?
>how can I make money without doing any business, /biz/?
>how to get rich without working, /biz/?
then laugh at anyone that knows the answers.
>>
>>1627356
That's on my todo list, actually. Israelifag here, 23, and just finished my military obligations.
Now, that I finally got the chance to begin living my life as I want, I intend to create a DG (dividend growth) portfolio.
I don't know how long am I going to keep it growing - 10, 15 or 20 years - but I like to keep it open for now.
>>
File: 1458609427728.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1458609427728.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>1627576
>>1627598
>>1627622
>>1627631
>>1627643
>hurr show me proof
- okay here
>THATS NOT REEEEAAAALLL PROOF REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gee, I wonder why all the actual useful posters stopped coming here.
>>
>>1627769
Why are you splurging? He admitted to being what I suspected he was all along: a middle-class blue collar bread winner.

He also posted pictures of his wife and children on 4chan, exhibited unstable behavior, and admitted to having autism. But go ahead and put him on your personal pedestal. Who am I to choose your role models?

>Gotta love this board.
>>
File: timestamp.jpg (313KB, 570x1024px) Image search: [Google]
timestamp.jpg
313KB, 570x1024px
>>1627775
>He admitted to being what I suspected he was all along: a middle-class blue collar bread winner.
I admitted to also being a retired millionaire business owner.

sometimes a multimillionaire when the wind is blowing in the right direction.

and a man that hasn't had a job, worked an 8 hour shift, or a 40 hour week for longer than you've been alive.

still waiting for your impressive figures, bro. I'm confident they'll show up soon.
>>
>>1627776
Jesus, you're a sad little man. You really should quit while your behind. I gave you a graceful out, but you're too stupid to take it.

>$200 and tax returns
>thinks he's a millionaire
Wew lad.
>>
>>1627779
>I gave you a graceful out, but you're too stupid to take it.

so prove me wrong already. Lets start with that more-than-$100k you're making this year.

Bank statements with a timestamp will do. I'll just hold my breath until you post it.
>>
>>1627780
>corrects the spelling error
>misses the grammatical error.
kids these days, amirite?
>>
Cleaning guy. Is there an archived thread where you go into details about how you started?
>>
>>1627787
probably.
as anon above notes I post in at least 4 threads a day.

I got started when I was dating my wife there. She was 100 lbs lighter and I was a hospital kitchen manager. She cleaned offices for a living and made more money in an hour than I did in 10.

so when we moved in together I took over her cleaning work so she didn't have to work. I was working for her sister who owned the company. I asked her sis for more hours and she offered to sell me her biz. She wanted to move, so she said if I worked it for a year and paid all the proceeds to her I could have it. It made $75k that year. The next year once it was paid off I dropped her lowest paying clients, aggressively bid a couple large jobs, and won them.

I hired some people to do the work and went to just managing sales and doing bookwork. Eventually things got too big for me to want to mess with so I promoted a manager and stepped back from the company.
>>
>>1627796
I asked for bank statements for a reason.

I also have turbotax and can print up any number on a tax form I want.
>>
>>1627802
Pot. kettle. black.

It's clear you're not going to shut up or stop roleplaying no matter what I do. I've nether the time nor interest to deal with someone like you any further.
>>
>>1627807
I'm not roleplaying, and I'm not likely to stop posting here even if you magically did have more than me.

I would just congratulate you and keep right on doing what I'm doing.
>>
>>1627702
Good answer, although I still wouldn't have posted a picture of my family.
>>
>>1627381
>>1627395
>>1627406

OP here. I don't live in the US. I've been working since I was 17. When I was 21, I found an online job that paid a well above average wage. I also maintained a very frugal lifestyle so far. Right now I'm investing in government bonds and real estate. I also dabbled with Forex and the stock market a few years ago with minor success.
About my retirement: I've calculated a SWR of 4%, but I think I'll be able to manage life in a comfy middle-class neighborhood with way less. This includes health care, entertainment money, etc. I probably will still pick some jobs online, so I guess the tendency is for my network to grow a little bit
>>
File: 1449995303711.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449995303711.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>1627702
id like to hear more about how you started the biz...(first post in this threat and not looking to argue with anyone)

take this pic as a sign of peace from the Mongolian toaster repair board
>>
>>1627616
Wait. Which one of those females do you actually fuck?
>early retirement
convinced me to wageslave until death th-thanks
>>
>>1627616
>>1627619
kek, dude stop posting personal shit on here. you are just falling for that retards bait
>>
>>1627650
You look like bryan cranston a bit
can you tell us how your life story? Not memeing, literally want to start a business for extra income and got my whole life to get it right. But you seem like you got your shit together. Any life advice?
>>
>>1627809
>>1628390
oh you're that janitor guy cool. Don't mean to offend but why your wife? She might be a great person and all but I mean get her to browse /fit/ then pay for skin surgery. I just don't get why you are married to her bro. Are you attracted to her? Look, she's probs got a good personality but why tie yourself down like that? Do you have no self respect?

I'm not a Fat people hater but I'm assuming she doesn't give a fuck she's obese and it affects everyone around her (health etc).
>>
>>1627473

I'm in a similar situation, but make a little less. I'm 26 and single.

Very tempted to make an acquisition, small businesses in my industry trade at a great multiple.
>>
>>1628450
>posts personal info and family pics on 4chan if all places.
>autism

On second thought, maybe not.
>>
>>1628406
do you only love people that you think others will find attractive?

because if so, you don't love them, you just love how they make you feel about yourself. You love how they make you look.

that is a sort of insecurity you may one day grow out of.
>>
>>1628708
But I can't put my fist in her childhood dreams and I can't fuck her college degree

So looks are the only thing important to me.
>>
>>1628198
see >>1627794

>>1628497
>posts personal info
kek

what of that looks like personal info to you?
>>
File: summer1999.jpg (79KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
summer1999.jpg
79KB, 680x486px
>>1627356
Story OP?

Might stop working when i hit $1.5M-$2M since it would enable me to live a comfortable life. But that wont be until im 35-40 years old.
>>
>>1628708
haven't met anyone i could put up with. Power to you.
>>
>>1627409
>Zero inflation for sure.
>Never starting family or contributing to society in any meaningful way.
>Sit in basement playing Xbox
What a life!
>>
>>1628779
for me the secret was finding someone that can put up with me.

I'm a particular sort of asshole though.

The wife was my highschool sweetheart and childhood friend. I love her no matter what she looks like.

My ex wife was never comfortable with my attempts to start businesses. She was scared of the risk and didn't trust my abilities. My current wife encouraged me all the way even though I was risking our house and cars and everything. She wasn't scared and she trusted me completely even when I failed. She was with me when I was poor and I'm not going to leave her or try to change her now that we're not poor. She's my partner, she's more than earned it.

Lots of women have wanted me after I made my money. I'm sure I could get a better looking wife. I couldn't get a better wife though.
>>
File: giphy.gif (247KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
247KB, 500x380px
>>1628800
>>
>>1628746
Photos of family, sales metrics, EXIF data on all your photo uploads.
>>
>>1628817
>sales metrics,
that would be true if I posted an entire year. I don't report sales quarterly. I'm careful not to post my annual sales though since that is public info.

>EXIF data on all your photo uploads.
honestly? have you checked the EXIF on the pics I posted?

go ahead. check it.
>>
>>1628800
>risking all of family assets
Sounds pretty irresponsible.
On a serious note. Say I was in the janatorial business. What would it be like getting financing to purchase more contracts, rather than build them from scratch? Does traditional financing like SBA apply?
>>
>>1627408
>Gets boring.

Living a life of freedom and not working 50 hours a week for peanuts.

The fuck...
>>
>>1628829
>Does traditional financing like SBA apply?
yeah, you can go in to your bank and apply for an SBA loan to buy out competitors.

at least for now. The SBA is a Democratic program, the GOP has been trying to get rid of it since it was started. Now they can.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161121-143853.jpg (280KB, 721x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161121-143853.jpg
280KB, 721x1101px
>>1627619
>>
>>1627633
Whoooooa. What kind of time / money investment is that. I can't even keep a tomatoe plant alive let alone fish. Fuck me...
>>
>>1627633
Oh, u should check /diy. We are trying to help OP make a breathi g apparatus for his hopefully land lobster. Its a long story but funny as fuck. Also your contribution would be appreciated.

Cheers m8.
>>
>>1627683
that's actually exactly it... lmao
>>
>>1628844
You honestly think Trump will pull the rug out from under small business?
>>
>>1629036
it's congress, not trump that has the power here.

all trump can do is approve or deny the requests of congress. Historically Trump's business dealings have destroyed small businesses. So yeah. Overall I do think that. Republicans have tried at least three times now to destroy the SBA, now they've got the guy to do it.

Not that I personally care, I'm used to competing with large corporations and winning. And I've never borrowed against my business.

>>1628855
More than a new Camaro, less than a used Ferrari.
>>
>>1627807
Gotta Ask.

You argue the other dude is a roleplayer etc etc yaddayadda. But wtf are you contributing?

No information, no ideas, no skills, you are the typical naysayer true bizz people live for to beat them the fuck down and prove them wrong.

Dude with cleaning bizz and wife and kids holiday. You rock. Other naysayers, get fucked and cucked for having nothing but critique, but no balls to step into the arena.
>>
>>1628497
What the fuck are you going to do with it? Find his boss and report him for going on 4chan and get him fired? kek
>>
>>1627588
Don't bother engaging with the peasants. They don't have the capacity to understand these things. I am very well off at 24 and despite posting statements, it's just "hurr durr photoshop" or some other nonsense. Just blend in and pretend to be a poor retard. It's what I do
>>
>>1629428
>Dude with cleaning bizz and wife and kids holiday. You rock
thanks!

you gotta admit the other dude spent hours pumping my ego by pretending any of my accomplishments are unbelievable, and by making the thread all about me. Frankly even I'm sick of hearing about me by now! We'll give my life a rest for a while I think.

>>1629439
kek'd

>>1629459
>Just blend in and pretend to be a poor retard. It's what I do
me too 90% of the time. It's why I don't trip, I actually post here a lot more than anon suspects.
>>
>>1629542
>pumping my ego
Jesus you truly are pathetic.
>I actually post here a lot more than anon suspects
Trust me, we all know. You shit up every thread by thinking that making it to middle class mediocrity qualifies you to give financial advice. It's sad, but I believe in social Darwinism, so anyone too stupid to ignore you deserves their fate.
>>
>>1627588
Good job man!

What do you do to fill your spare time? Whenever I end up with too much time and too little to do I end up just browsing the internet, which makes me feel worse than being a productive wageslave.
>>
>>1629578
yes, because nowhere on google can you find confirmation of what I say-
that the overwhelming majority of self-made millionaires in the US got that way via owning a business rather than day trading or crypto p&d fraud....
>>
>>1629590
thanks! I mostly lurk 4chan, it's more informative than the news and more entertaining than cartoons.

I snowboard in the winter, hike in the summer. I hunt and fish some. I travel a fair bit. I like scuba diving and skin diving. Photography. Reading random Wikipedia articles. I keep aquariums, work on cars, play a lot of vidya. Hang out with my kids, take the wife to lunch or dinner. My youngest likes pokemon so I've been playing that with him. I collect rocks and like to metal detect. I like 4wheeling, rockcrawling. I go to Disneyland/Disneyworld at least once a year. I go to the zoo and museum when I get a chance. I have a particular interest in paleontology, it's what I studied. Sometimes me and the wife binge-watch star trek. I like shooting targets. I do some volunteer work at our local library. Hang out with friends sometimes. Drink to excess on occasion. Go dancing, go to the bar. Shopping, road trips to random destinations. Bullshitting with clients. Trying to clean house and failing. Doing paperwork for the interminable audits that come with owning a biz.

that's about it I guess. I have insomnia so you'll find me here most nights.
>>
>>1629603
Doesn't sound like a bad life, then.

I can actually maintain a reasonable schedule so long as I have a job to plan around, but the moment I'm jobless all hell breaks loose.

When I have work I train for muay thai tournaments, play recreational frisbee, practice archery, brew beer, ski, do yoga, and go out every weekend. When I don't have work I devolve into a no-proper-sleep-schedule wreck that jerks off too much, eats like shit and grows unfit.

I doubt I'll retire before 35 (currently 24), but there's a good chance I'll be able to retire before 40. Hopefully I'll get it figured out by then.
>>
>>1629608
I wageslaved so long I had this burning drive to get shit done that lasted about six years into retirement.

now I might go all day without shaving, showering or getting dressed. It's hard to stay motivated when you don't HAVE to do anything at a certain time.

I don't have any advice on that, I deal with boredom and depression by waiting it out. It's a real problem though. Especially in winter for me since most of what I love to do is summer stuff.

Let me know if you figure it out. I suspect you just need more disciprin than you or I have.
>>
>>1629596
>self-made millionaires
And the role-playing escalates....
>>
File: 1348959832107.jpg (30KB, 316x341px) Image search: [Google]
1348959832107.jpg
30KB, 316x341px
>>1629620
kek

don't you have some bank statements to timestamp for me or something?
>>
>>1629621
Friendly reminder that between the two of us, only I have posted proof of my income.

You, on the other hand, make grandiose claims but post pictures of middle class life. Every bored office pleb in middle America has pictures of their "amazing" trip on a cruise ship.

>Protip: actual wealthy people wouldn't be caught dead on a Carnival cruise.
>>
>>1629620
Is there some reason why you don't think becoming a self-made millionaire is an achievable goal? A friend of mine is going to make it to a million in the next 15 years.

>Graduate in mining engineering
>Get mining job in Africa
>Make 6 figures starting
>Live on-site with all living costs covered
>Travel cheaply or live at parent's house in your time off

It's that easy. All you need to do is find the job. I couldn't find a mining job so I'm stuck in metallurgy making 60k/yr, which is OK but nothing too special.
>>
>>1629624
>only I have posted proof of my income.
and then deleted it when I pointed out that anyone can print a fake tax return on turbotax.
>Protip: actual wealthy people wouldn't be caught dead on a Carnival cruise.
indeed.

I never said I was wealthy. I said I'm a retired millionaire. You're the one that thinks that qualifies as wealthy. Which is also gratifying. I didn't know the average price of a 4 bedroom house in my area is "wealthy" to you. Texas? Appalachia? The rust belt? Where do you live that a million bux makes a man wealthy?
>>
File: scan0001 copy.jpg (309KB, 2131x1630px) Image search: [Google]
scan0001 copy.jpg
309KB, 2131x1630px
>>1629625
I worked briefly in metals mining until I learned the contractors were making far more than me. It's a healthy incentive to strike out on your own once you've got the connections.

Just a thought.
>>
File: poor_rich_middle_class-7.jpg (39KB, 720x317px) Image search: [Google]
poor_rich_middle_class-7.jpg
39KB, 720x317px
>>1629625
>Is there some reason why you don't think becoming a self-made millionaire is an achievable goal?
I not only believe it; I live it. I posted proof that I made over $2 million last year. I deleted the post because I didn't want to derail the thread, but it's still in the archives I'm sure. Go find it.

As someone who actually has money, it's not hard to spot the pretenders.

>>1629626
Please. If you actually stopped working, you probably have around $500K in actual net assets, at best. Maybe a little more, but probably less. Solidly middle class.

Hopefully you're controlling your spending wisely, because its your kids who are going to pay the price for your laziness.
>>
>>1629633
>If you actually stopped working, you probably have around $500K in actual net assets
you mean like sell my business?
I'd have less than that. I'd run through what I'd make off the sale in less than 5 years.

I don't work, owning a business isn't work. Running a business is work but I pay others to do that.

my kids can fend for themselves. They're bright but lazy. A winning combination.
>>
>>1629636
Yikes, so its even worse than my guess. It sounds like you have very little in net worth, and your only valuable asset is the modest income you draw from the business.

Remember when I discussion Darwinism above. Congrats, you're the poster child.

>I feel bad for the kids. Their the real victims here.
>>
File: 1477769745256.jpg (237KB, 483x903px) Image search: [Google]
1477769745256.jpg
237KB, 483x903px
>>1629637
you're sad m8

pic related is u
>>
>>1629637
I'm going to give you a moment to notice the spelling errors in your post and delete it.

>your only valuable asset is the modest income you draw from the business.
sort of.
I mean that's how a business like mine with no real assets is valued.

my biz is worth over a million dollars, but that's income that will be paid under contract for the next 6 years.

like I said, I'm not wealthy.
I'm a business owner.
I'm retired.
and I'm a millionaire.

I've been retired since before you were born though, so that counts for something. Assuming you're 12.
>>
>>1629633
My bad, I guess I misunderstood you. How did you pull $2 million in one year? Profits from a business that you own? Flipping houses in Toronto?

>>1629630
Contractors can make some serious bank. I'm an engineer so I'll probably become a consultant at some point later on in life - you make pretty reasonable money for very few hours of work, and the more niche your experience, the better. My mentor retired at 40 and has been consulting ever since (to stave off the boredom I guess). Pulling 6 figures for a few hours worth of work per week sounds like a great way to end a career.

>>1629643
You know your business better than I do, but >>1629637 may have a point. Let's say your business collapses for some reason beyond your control. From what I understand, that's your primary source of income. What would you do then? Have you made any effort to diversify, ie setting money aside to accrue interest? Would you be able to leverage your experience and re-enter the industry in a meaningful way?
>>
>>1629625
>>1629630
I've asked around and searched the web but it's difficult to find any info about.
How do I get into this type of work? Or any sort of contracting work in africa/remote places for stupid cash.
I'll basically do anything + I have a STEM degree.
Just super curious in this type of work.
>>
>>1629651
the work order I posted there was done for Jacobs Engineering, I spent a fair amount of time talking with the guys on that job. It was a sausage fest, but they were indeed making bank. A whole room full of millionaires would be my guess. Perhaps a hundred of them.

>Let's say your business collapses for some reason beyond your control. From what I understand, that's your primary source of income. What would you do then?
it's a valid point,
but my contracts run out every 1-6 years and I have to bid them again or find new ones. The times they run out are staggered so I'm effectively ending at least one major job every year.

when you understand this aspect of what we do, you see that I essentially lose my business and rebuild it from scratch over and over again year after year.

I don't fear change, it's what I make my money on.

it is true that I'm not planning sufficiently for the future, but after 12 years of uninterrupted success in good times and bad, against all kinds of competition, perhaps I've begun to worry less than I should.

worst case I wind up broke and working for someone again, I've been there before. At least now I have some incredible connections if I ever need a jerb.
>>
>>1629652
Have a relevant degree, relevant work experience, and contacts in the industry.

Are you an engineer or chemist? Are you fluent in French? Do you network at all (ie are you a member of a local CIM branch if you're in Canada, have you joined a metallurgical society, etc). If your answer is yes to all of those, then you might have a chance. You'll have a hard time finding work in mining right now if you aren't a great candidate, though. It's a cyclical industry that just ended it's supercycle and has been crashing hard for the last 3-4 years. Many experienced engineers have a hard time finding work as is.
>>
File: StopLying.jpg (248KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
StopLying.jpg
248KB, 1600x1200px
>>1629643
Interesting that you value accurate typing skills so highly. I've never found that particular talent to be important when it comes to making money.

But you wouldn't know about that, would you?

>I'm not wealthy.
Agreed.
>I'm a business owner.
So is half of /biz/.
>I'm retired.
Sad, if true.
>and I'm a millionaire.
No, you're not.

>>1629651
I never wanted this thread to be about me. I made one innocuous post (go scroll up), and Mr. Lying McLiar showed up and got in my face for some reason that I still don;t understand.
>>
>>1629652
I work in environmental contracting and remediation, I got into it by knowing people in the mining and reclamation industries and then going to get the industrial certifications and licenses I need to do the work.

then when work comes up they call me, I bid, I win.
>>
>>1629662
>Interesting that you value accurate typing skills so highly
you're the one that deletes posts to correct minor spelling errors, bud.
>>
>>1629664
>>1629661
Ah, thanks for those quick answers. My degree is actually more math/cs. So mining is probably out but I've heard of stuff like trucking for certain companies and/or setting up IT systems in Afghanistan.

It definitely seems like the sort of jobs where you need to have an "in" as both of you have mentioned. I'll keep looking though.
>>
>>1629667
you can break in from the outside but it's infinitely easier if you know people inside.

as metallurgy anon mentions, we're currently in a down cycle for mining. It'll come back but it could be a while.
>>
>>1629660
Sounds like nobody should feel bad for your kids, then.

>>1629662
It's always interesting to hear about how people find success. Some are born into it, some are lucky, and some deserve it because they're hard working, smart, clever, or some combination of the above. I won't pry though.

>>1629667
When I was working up north at a mine in the Yukon we brought an IT guy in. He wasn't an exceptional fellow, but he made bank because nobody else wanted to work up there. You might be able to do the same. Look at big companies like Teck, Barrick, Goldcorp, BHP etc and check their postings. You might have some luck on infomine.com, too.
>>
>>1629667
http://www.infomine.com/careers/jobs/category/computer-etc/
>>
>>1629671
I have a lot of confidence in my kids' abilities.

my oldest is already doing bigger things than I dreamed of at his age. They'll be fine.
>>
>>1629672
>>1629671
>>1629670
Thanks for the links. If something pops up or catches my eye I'll definitely send a resume.
Gives me some hope if my current plans fall through. (work my easy 9-5 and continue developing side projects)
>>
File: love1422697687568.gif (3MB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
love1422697687568.gif
3MB, 350x349px
>>1628800
>She was with me when I was poor and I'm not going to leave her or try to change her now that we're not poor. She's my partner, she's more than earned it.

this...this is beautiful
>>
>>1628746
I saw that...any more to it? like how did you get customers or the sister in law you got the biz from and how you automated the biz or what your current involvement is?
>>
File: das rite bich.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
das rite bich.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>Some motherfucker claims to have money
>Immediately begins attempting to dox himself because some trolls keep baiting him

This fucking board, mane.
>>
>>1627356

My aim is semi-retirement

Working 3 or 4 days a week massively improves quality of life, this can be done for 10 years while ones existing portfolio is left alone to grow (and preferably added to a little bit).
>>
>>1627607
Mind giving tips to start an online business, i am very interested.
>>
>>1627356

Why would anyone want to retire?

That's like being unemployed... for another 60 years of your life.

How fucking horrifying.
>>
>>1631226
Being -able- to retire and then entering semi-retirement seems like the dream though, doesn't it?

>Don't like job
Leave job without a second thought

>Get sick, need time off
Don't have to worry about a thing

>Want to travel for a few months
Only have to figure out who'll water the plants while you're gone
>>
>>1630947
I remain undoxed. thanks.
>>1630125
My biz had been running for 20 years before I bought it, under 4 different owners over the years. So by the time I got it it had a mix of residential, commercial, government and industrial work. The owner was also doing carpet cleaning, window washing, and hard floor maintenance. She had a number of regular contracts.

so while I was working for her running the company to pay for it she was training me on how to find and bid on all these types of work. All of her contracts expired during the year I was working to buy the company, so I learned how to find and bid on every one of those types of work. As to where exactly I find work, that depends on the type. Government work I find by knowing purchasing agents in my area and asking to be sent any RFQ's. Commercial work I used to get by word of mouth, one client would recommend us to others. Now I just watch when someone buys or builds a business in my area and go in and meet them. Usually just a short meeting to converse and see if they're someone we might want to work for. If they are, I've got a bid all ready to hand to them since the specs of their building are public record. Industrial work is mostly a matter of knowing people in industry and also word of mouth. People in industry definitely talk to each other and recommend certain contractors.

I didn't automate the thing, I just handed it off to one of my crew to run. All of the former owners of the business work or have worked for me so they knew what to do without a lot of training. My crew can manage operations by themselves just fine.

my involvement and expertise is in sales and strategy. That's about it. I keep my ear to the ground and make sure that I bid and get at least one medium sized job every year. A lot of the time the jobs I get are just renewals of existing contracts, so it doesn't usually take much to do my job. A couple emails and a couple signatures usually.
>>
>>1630125
my main involvement in my biz is at tax time or during audits when I have to actually sit down for a few hours with someone and go over the books.

We get audited several times a year by our insurance companies and a couple different government agencies. How much time that takes varies. Usually not more than a couple hours a month though. I could probably hand all that off to other people as well, but I don't mind doing it and I like to keep a finger on the pulse of my company.
>>
>>1627619

Are you raising another man's son, you fucking cuck?
>>
>>1631287
no my wife is raising another woman's son.
cuckina or something. What's the female version of a cuck anyways?
>>
File: 1478711162904.jpg (28KB, 463x396px) Image search: [Google]
1478711162904.jpg
28KB, 463x396px
>>1631290
A middle aged autist trying to cope on 4chan because he has a shitty life and wife and has now a middle life crisis.

And I thought I have seen it all.
>>
>>1631290
>What's the female version of a cuck anyways?
You?
>>
>>1631618
>day 3
>faggot that claims to make millions a year still can't find his bank statements
>>
File: 1267623592618.jpg (626KB, 1525x1946px) Image search: [Google]
1267623592618.jpg
626KB, 1525x1946px
>>1631622
Oooh, you're getting mad now. A guess even a cuck has his limits.

j/k man. Relax and learn your lesson.

Anyway, I don't know why you want to see my bank statements so badly. I don't keep any significant balances in either my checking or money market account because I'm not an idiot. (Nor do I get paper statements; its 2016 after all.) If you had any real money, you'd know that already.
>>
>>1631654
I want to see your cash flow.

I showed you mine, show me yours.

but seriously, I know you can't show me bank statements because...
well we both know why you can't.
>>
File: 1324503195002.jpg (210KB, 489x500px) Image search: [Google]
1324503195002.jpg
210KB, 489x500px
>>1631661
>I want to see your cash flow.
What cash flows? I don't own a business. I have self-employment income, capital gains, interest income, fund and private equity distributions, and dividends. Only about 10% ever touches my bank accounts.

>we both know why you can't
Correct. Because they don't exist.

I'm not a retard nor do I live in 1934. My bank statements are all electronic, and all my financial transactions get downloaded directly into my financial software. Paper statements are for grandpas.

Oh, and by the way, as soon as you want to post something that proves you make more money than me, go ahead. You've seen my tax return. Let's see yours (and include the numbers next time, cuck).
>>
>>1631687
>My bank statements are all electronic
a timestamp on your screen will work fine.
>You've seen my tax return
you mean that joke you printed out on turbotax and then deleted less than a minute later?

kek
>>
>>1631687
please stop engaging trolls.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>1631691
>a timestamp on your screen will work fine
I'm not sure what you think this is going to prove or disprove. That I have a checking and savings account? Big deal.

But I'm really curious to hear what your next line of bullshit is going to be.

>>1631693
I know, I know. But its soooooo much fun.
>>
>>1631707
see, that wasn't so hard, was it Matthew?

nice balances.

not the balances of someone that makes millions a year, but nice.
>>
>>1631716
>not the balances of someone that makes millions a year
I never said I made millions every year. I posted my tax return that shows U made over $2 million last year. That you would make assumptions about my earlier or future income shows how dim you are. And that you think my retail balances say anything about my net worth or income shows how financially inexperienced you are.

So now it appears you're out of material completely. I've proven that I make more than you, and I delivered every piece of proof you requested. You, for the record, have never posted any evidence of your annual income. Not that I'm asking. I honestly don't care. I told you days ago that you should avoid a dick measuring contest with me. Now you know why.

Say hi to the missus for me.
>>
File: laughing-child[1].jpg (36KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-child[1].jpg
36KB, 615x409px
>>1631728
I admit you got him good. Can't wait to see what crazy assumptions he'll make next.
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (114KB, 1772x660px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
114KB, 1772x660px
>>1631731
Let's see if I can deliver the coup de grace....

>>1631691
>you mean that joke you printed out on turbotax
So if I faked my tax return, as you claim, care to explain why I wrote the IRS a check for over $350,000 in April?

It's a shame you didn't tell my accountant your insightful interpretation of my taxes. It would have saved me a lot of money if I could have claimed it was only "fake" income. Sadly, the IRS was pretty insistent that my income was real and therefore that my taxes were real too.

So, Sparky, where we headed next? Or are we done here?
>>
>>1631728
>I've proven that I make more than you
no, but you've proven you or someone you know has more cash on hand than I do.
>I delivered every piece of proof you requested
I asked for bank statements, not a balance.

>I told you days ago that you should avoid a dick measuring contest with me. Now you know why.
because you're a trust fund baby?
or because you won't show your dick?
>>
>>1631742
>are we done here?
good enough for me.
congratulate your dad on all his success.
he smells wonderful
>>
File: 1[1].jpg (23KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
23KB, 852x480px
>>1631747
You should get a medal for your shitposting
>>
>>1631752
you should try to keep track of which device you're posting from, samefag.
>>
>>1631753
>he thinks im using multiple devices
you're grasping at straws my man. but your saltyness doesn't bother me.
>>
File: pretty-girl-laughing-10.jpg (36KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
pretty-girl-laughing-10.jpg
36KB, 500x343px
>>1631747
>>1631750
Hehe. This is great!

You:
1. Your tax return is fake.
2. Your bank account balances are too small.
3. Ok, your bank account balances are larger than mine.
4. Ok, you have more money than me.
5. Nevermind. Someone you know has more money than me.
6. Ok, you're a trust fund baby.
7. Nevermind. Your father is rich.

Keep on dancing, cuck. This is why I'm here.
>>
>>1631756
>he doesn't know we have ID's here
you're talking to yourself on two different devices and forgot which one of you is which, you dun goofed.
>>
>>1631759
so how do you make your money then?

you claim you don't own a business, but have capital gains.

this makes you either a retard or a trust fund baby.

which is it? Because in real life people run their income through a business and write off expenses.

unless they can't for some reason. Like being an employee or beneficiary.
>>
>>1631760
Prove it
>LOL
>>
>>1631765
No, no, no, cuckster. That's not how it works. You don't get to grill me for free information or advice after being a complete cunt for days. I've already given a detailed list of my income sources, which you're apparently too stupid to read.

So, now, you don't get any more information from me or about me. I've said many times that I never wanted this thread to be about me, even as you made attempt after attempt to make it all about you. Which is fine, if you were only content to tell the truth without exaggeration or lies.

Let me remind you that you've made claims about your income, but you've never proven them. You've made claims about your lifestyle, but you've never proven them. You've made claims about your wealth, but never proven them.

And then to deflect attention from your lies, you challenged me to prove my income, which I did. In hilarious and demoralizing fashion, as evidenced by your sad recent posts.

So now we're done with that game, cuck. At this point, you're a laughing stock (pics are related, in case you missed the theme). The only thing remaining is whatever stupid thing you're going to claim or demand next.

So please go on. I wish to be entertained.
>>
>>1631780
No, I'm good.

you made a couple million last year and have almost none of it left.

you say you don't own a business which makes you the biggest retard I've met. you should fire your accountant.

and you're not retired off that couple million you made and can't show any current income.

I don't really care how you managed that, It looks like an epic failure any way you cut it.
>>
>>1631783
>have almost none of it left
>you should fire your accountant
>you're not retired off that couple million
>can't show any current income
>It looks like an epic failure
Wtf, I hate my life now.

Oh, wait, everything you just said is completely wrong (and financially illogical) and proves that you're a clueless retard. Whew!

But enough about me. Stop being jealous. It's an ugly emotion.

Let me remind you that you've made claims about your income, but you've never proven them. You've made claims about your lifestyle, but you've never proven them. You've made claims about your wealth, but you've never proven them.

Let's talk about that, m'kay?
>>
>>1631823
>Let's talk about that, m'kay?
I proved my claims about my income, apparently you're not capable of reading.

If by my lifestyle you mean my being retired, tell me what you'd like as proof.

wealth, I'm not likely to prove that and I don't really care if you believe me or not. Without an appraisal of my company I expect it would be impossible to prove.
>>
>>1631823

You are seriously such a salty fuck, gtfo
>>
File: o-SHAME-facebook.jpg (241KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-SHAME-facebook.jpg
241KB, 2000x1000px
>>1631833
>I proved my claims about my income
No, you provided a few weeks of what I'll assume is business income. There's no evidence of your annual income.

But I really don't care. You're a liar.

>tell me what you'd like as proof
I've said all along that you're a middle class wagecuck with a middle class lifestyle (not that there's anything wrong with that). You keep insisting otherwise while posting pictures of middle class hobbies and trips.

>I'm not likely to prove that
There's many ways you could prove your net worth, such as posting your investment balances, your annual cash flows, or your tax information. If you had the inclination, its not hard to do.

As this point, you're just an embarrassing trainwreck. You've changed your tune on me at least nine different times, proving that you're clueless, delusional, and ignorant. And you pretended to be something you're not, which was easily pointed out by someone like me who actually lives the life that you roleplay.

So that's where we are now. You tried fighting above your weight class, and you got knocked the fuck out. The fight's over, and you're still swinging in the air.

Get some sleep, and then take a hard look in the mirror. Try being happier with what you have, instead of pretending to be something that you're not. You'll honestly be happier in the long run, because your current plan clearly isn't working out well for you.

>mic drop
>>
>>1631850
>No, you provided a few weeks of what I'll assume is business income. There's no evidence of your annual income.
I provided three months of income and if you knew anything about business you'd notice that my tax forms all say "sole proprietor" on them so that is my income.

I never claimed to be more than middle class.

I claimed to be retired.
I claimed to be a business owner.
and I claimed to be a millionaire.

for some laughable reason you find these claims unbelievable, which is a compliment to my success.

You may or may not be wealthy but you clearly read and argue as badly as you spell.
>>
I've saved a little over $300k in the last two years. Looking to retire in another 10.
>>
>>1631855
>>1631850
what the fuck is wrong with you guys?
why don't you just exchange contact details and continue your little dick waving contest in private?
now please get back to OP's topic everyone.
>>
>>1631855
Hey Janitor guy, I am trying to build my own business as well, except that my current biz endeavors aren't as successful as I would've liked. I underestimated my competition (by a factor of a 100 lel). Since you've got experience managing a business and are sales-savvy, could we perhaps have a chat once in a while? I figured since you've got lots of free time you would enjoy this sort of mentor-trainee type thing. Disclaimer: I am not in US. What do you say?
I've set up a 1 hour burner mail in case you're in:
[email protected]
>>
>>1627622
You're fucking pathetic
>>
>>1627356
time flies when you retire op. like @5x the speed.
>>
>>1631855
It doesn't matter how much money you make if you suck at everything else.

Seriously, I'll prove it:

How many in here would want to completely swap lives with this guy?
>>
>>1628800
Anime is real
>>
>>1633150
don't be ridiculous, nobody want's to be me.
The thread is about retiring young.
I retired at 32. Make of that what you will.
>>1633332
that's not really the whole story, I find my wife attractive and I think you'd have to be some sort of psychopath to only care about people's looks. It's a very selfish view, such a person only cares what others think of them.
>>1631917
I'd prefer to keep it here, that's what the board is good for.
>I underestimated my competition (by a factor of a 100 lel).
storytime? Sounds... interesting.
>>
>>1628800
Good man, im 34 broke as fuck, looking at a pile of debt. If I ever retire is to an underpass. Will never marry a loyal woman or have kids. But it's nice to know there are still non shit headed successful people out there.
>>
>>1633440
>If I ever retire is to an underpass
kek
I did that a couple times too.
when I got out of the military and after my divorce I was homeless both times for a few months.

camping isn't bad but I'd hate to be doing it at 70.
>>
>>1627631
this guy is so jealous wtf
>>
>>1633449
If the documents he posted are legit he shouldn't be jealous. He apparently made more money last year than I have in the last 8.

I think he honestly thinks I'm lying and he was very deeply offended that I reacted to his salty first post.

Plus he seems to be honestly trying to make friends, I notice he's one of the few anons that didn't make fun of my family and he keeps insisting I be what he respects: a hard-working blue collar laborer supporting my family and his empire.

who knows. He's a dick. So am I.
>>
>>1627726
>ooks for November.
>If you have any sense onc

keep the total upcoming global financial armageddon coming in, probably already by 2017, bro.

would not have my money complately lying yound in non-real-asset, non-avail form.

Or in other words : dont convert your money to digital digits and give all controll over it to the bank. because upcoming finincial armegeddong will most likely delete them.

germanfag here, sry shitty english, but i thin you get what im trying to say.

( google collapse of the global financial system, if u dont.

and i'm not even claiming: It's da jews! ( tho, it's da jews! just kidding, chrchr :3 ^^ )
>>
>>1627604
what is your website?
>>
>>1627619
honestly why are you married to that? I mean, you're no looker, but come on man...
>>
>>1627616
Ewwwwwww... please be bait. Thats some nasty shit
>>
>>1631747
>>1631759
Kys faggot
>>
>>1627630
that isn't retired youre a welfare leech
>>
>>1633461
i for one, welcome our successful middle age shitposter.
What business did you make your fortune in, when did you start the business? Do you think the time you entered the professional world effected your success?
>>
>>1627439
inherit your rich parent's money

everything else is death
>>
>>1633651
>you're no looker
kek. Old people are ugly.
>>1633853
thanks. My business is commercial janitorial services and environmental contracting for industry. I managed other people's businesses for 16 years prior to taking over this one. Yes, as a manager I knew how much money I was earning my bosses. I made other people millions of dollars. I figured if I could just get started somehow I could make millions for myself as well. Problem was I couldn't think of any sort of business that can be started with very little cash or credit. I never had any savings when I was younger, it's difficult to live on your own and save anything.
>>
>>1633853
I will have owned my biz for 14 years in January.
>>
>>1627619
do you realize that a chad working in mcdonalds has a better life than you?
>>
>>1634297
I've been a chad working fast food.

it was fun, but as you can see looks don't last.
>>
>>1627619
Are you the half nigger kid?
>>
>>1634318
which one is the half nigger kid?
are you retarded?
>>
>>1634318
Are you the fat cow?
>>
File: 1471916200911.png (29KB, 680x359px) Image search: [Google]
1471916200911.png
29KB, 680x359px
Came to the thread hoping that after a few days it'll be full of anons sharing and posting their experiences and maybe to learn a thing or two in the process

turns out its just 190+ posts of a very long and winded shit flinging contest
>>
>>1627633
Let's be friends then. Also, you obviously spend a lot on hookers and even paid porn stars right? That's the secret to the marriage? Kek
>>
>>1628708
Wow, you seem like a really polite and nice guy.
>>
>>1628708
You only have one life, why marry someone that obviously has no self respect and is probably gonna die early of diabetes?
>>
>>1634978
as I recall both of us were a bit prettier 15 years ago when we got married.

how about you, how's that pickiness working out for you? Got a hot wife with good health? Or am I getting relationship advice from a virgin again?
>>
>this thread
I-I rarely visit this board but might start visiting more frequently if this sort of shitshow is common.I need more drama in my life.
>>
I am 20 and own two apartments $300k each.
>>
>>1635260
Bought them on your own?
>>
>>1635262
No, inheritance.

By the way, I have a fucking job.
Because money (at least regarding this amount) doesn't make you alpha.
>>
>>1635117
How can you stand to look at that beast?
>>
>>1634713 a real dick contest.
Oh well let's get us started. Today I layed tiles and helped a friend buildings his home. He's a kickass electrician and will help me with the next house in exchange.
The plan is to have a Quadplex and 2-3 family homes for renting out before turning 45.
I highly recommend the "you do me a favor" system, as it skips taxation etc.
And by god you Americans sure waste a shitload of money and time for commuting.

I don't intent to ever stop working but I don't like being a wageslave in my industry. Tho I'm a well paid slave.
>>
>>1628853
Is she just another pretty face?
>>
>>1633461
>I think he honestly thinks I'm lying and he was very deeply offended that I reacted to his salty first post.
>
>Plus he seems to be honestly trying to make friends, I notice he's one of the few anons that didn't make fun of my family and he keeps insisting I be what he respects: a hard-working blue collar laborer supporting my family and his empire.
I don't know who's lying and who isn't, but he's right. You haven't shown anything that tells how much money you make each year from your business. I'm don't care about about any of this as much as he seems to, but at least he actually posted some serious financial stuff to back up his claims. You, not so much.
>>
>>1635844
Well in fairness I find it funny that you faggots don't know the words "gross" or "net" and just assume when someone says "make" they must be talking about what you're thinking.

I've already said I'm not going to post annual gross because it's public record. I've also mentioned that I'm a sole proprietor, so my gross and my net are both amounts that I make.

So how much do I have left over once the bills are paid? Enough to take 4 people on tropical vacations it seems. Which costs roughly the same as one of you single guys going on vacation 4 times.

contrary to what anon says, most americans can't afford that, even in the middle class.
>>
>>1636026

>I find it funny that you faggots don't know the words "gross"

What's gross is your wife's face and her son's heritage.

>I've already said I'm not going to post annual gross because it's public record

Hence your wife's son

>So how much do I have left over once the bills are paid?

Enough to be a cuck to a landwhale

>you single guys

Yeah we so jealous of your seahag
>>
you don't even enjoy your job? are you a meth head? did you assault a cop? did you engage in statuatory rape without a condom? life is fair, how the fuck do you people end up in these shitty jobs you don't enjoy that don't pay well?
>>
>>1636466
I can't tell if you have daddy issues or mommy issues from this post. Something is very wrong with you.
>>
>>1636575
Thanks Reddit
>>
>>1627356
How much do you have on the bank + stocks?

(same question to other early retirees)
>>
>>1627489
are you the janitor business anon ?
>>
Im not looking through the entire thread, but has anyone also posted proof for all these claims of early retirement riches?

Or is it all talk?

I already know the answer i think.
>>
>>1631742
>>1631728
BTFO
>>
freaking believe me guys: 6000$ per month without doing anything is so easy, ive posted the explanation here. its all about ads.

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/33j2c0vP/file.html
>>
if someone is interested i can explain it to everyone for u
>>
>>1637475
Yeah, the guy who called out Janitor Anon did

look at those posts :
>>1631687
>>1631707
>>1631742
>>
>>1637475
I posted 3 months income.

other anon posted his account balances with a couple thousand in them and a tax check for $300k he pretends is his.

He never claimed to be retired though. Probably because he has no cash income. Capital gains don't directly buy anything.
>>
>>1627356
38 here. Quit at 36. Lots to recommend it, but it can get a bit isolating especially if you're an introvert. You need stock answers to standard social questions about work. People don't react to "I'm retired" well until you are bald or gray.
>>
>>1627493
Do you have any plans to use the money you're saving?
>>
>>1637674
why do you care about how people react ?

if they see you living well and retired at 36 they will connect the dots in their head and understand that you are a sucessful person in life
>>
>>1637703
I don't disagree with you, but it's something that adds a wall between you and other people. If youre good at breaking those down maybe it doesn't matter, but for me it's made it harder to get close to people.

I can say there's a large percentage of people who have a moral problem with not working. The whole Protestant work ethic thing, you kind of lose those people or just accept it's going to be weird.
>>
>>1637718
Must be an american thing then
>>
>>1637746
Probably. I am in the states. Lots of people here are taught from very young to derive the value of their lives from the work that they do. Those folks see it as an insult to their entire belief system that you don't see your work (and therefore theirs) as a central part of your worth.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.