/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be PXD >Have 80-90% of assets in Wolfcamp TX >20 bn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: pioneernaturalresources_600x400.jpg (25KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
pioneernaturalresources_600x400.jpg
25KB, 600x400px
>Be PXD
>Have 80-90% of assets in Wolfcamp TX
>20 bn barrels of oil discovered in Wolfcamp TX
>Share price hasn't appreciated ridiculously despite that fact
>U.S. could abandon Petrodollar if oil imports are cut, causing rise in U.S. oil barrel value
>SA and rest of OPEC will probably cut production, so oil price rise is inevitable.

Why is this not the play of the century? Also, note, this is not a microcap scam... it's a large cap company. I don't own any, but might purchase some in the next 72 hours.
>>
Do they own any land where the oil was discovered?

What is the cause of their previous quarterly losses?
>>
File: 1478911344540.jpg (74KB, 372x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478911344540.jpg
74KB, 372x1024px
>>1626709
I just discovered the company today. I can't say that I have done enough DD to render an opinion on its specific financial state. Although I will be doing DD concurrent with the life of this thread though. All I know about the land that they own is that they call it (or it's called) Wolfcamp A and Wolfcamp B, which compose 80% and 90% of their operations respectively. Also I read an article that said that PXD owns the most Wolfcamp land, which would make it second to the top in terms of potential oil repository ownership.
>>
>>1626709
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. is the largest producer in Wolfcamp, holding over 800,000 acres of land. As of 2015, Pioneer was producing over 112 thousand barrels of oil per day. Pioneer believes the basin could hold as much as 75 billion barrels of oil, significantly more than the survey claims. If Pioneer were to take advantage of resources available they would solidify their position as the second largest producer in the world, second to majors in Saudi Arabia.

according to -> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-majors-scrambling-acreage-booming-190000591.html

I'm going to guess that their quarterly losses were due to the fall in oil price, and the fact that they've more than doubled production since 2011 (which could be fan-fuckingtastic if oil rises)
>>
>>1626713
>>1626725

https://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2016/3092/fs20163092.pdf

The discovery seems to be fairly spread over the entire area which is promising.

I'm surprised they haven't made a press release.
>>
>>1626752
Two (you)'s, thank you for this blessing. Also, choice pdf. I know about floater rigs, and the generations associated with those. I wonder what kind of oil drilling equipment they have, and if it's all up to date.
>>
>>1626686
shameless self bump
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.