[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I take advantage of China's transition into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: MaoZedong.jpg (129KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MaoZedong.jpg
129KB, 1200x1200px
How can I make money off middle-class and rich Chinese, /biz/? Is there anything like Ebay that the Chinese use?
>>
They use something called taobao, their version of eBay

laowais ( foreigners) aren't allowed to use it, and you need to speak chinkese to use it.
>>
>>1626173
weibo, taobao, tmall.
>>
>>1626180
Is there anything popular that laowais CAN use? I speak and read some Chinese, so Chinese-language sites are okay.
>>
>>1626183
I thought Weibo was a Twitter-like thing. How are people making money off it?
>>
>>1626196
weibo was a mistake, i meant something else. cant remember the name.
>>
Alibaba. Bigger than eBay and Amazon combined and built like it's 1999.
>>
>>1626180
laowais can and do use taobao. i use it all the time. there are several competitors to taobao but i can't say i've ever looked at them. if you mean foreigners can't sell on taobao then maybe, i'm not sure about how one goes about opening a sellers account. you can quite easily find products from abroad which are for sale though, especially from japan, aus and usa. who knows whether they are foreigners selling it, or chinese getting the items sent from abroad.

>>1626203
did you mean weixin, wechat? i have seen some british companies talk about having a weixin presence, but i don't know how they use it. maybe they just add their wechat id to advertising and chinese customers can contact them through it. you can use wechat to have a blog-type thing, but i don't know anything about that.

>>1626173
you could maybe open a wechat account and try to find groups who have an interest in your niche and post in the groups. maybe some people will repost your posts. it's common to see people sharing the ID info of friends who are selling things like baby formula and authentic Nike etc.

what type of thing are you thinking about? some things are difficult to import e.g. alcohol.
>>
>>1626674
OP here. I was thinking about selling clothes and shoes, haven't gotten around to researching what Western brands are popular there though.

I looked more into Taobao, and according to some answers on Quora, it's hard for a non-Chinese national to sell there because there's a whole bunch of verification shit you have to do to register.
>>
>>1627496
>a whole bunch of verification shit
that makes sense, for me as a foreigner there are inconveniences in signing up for things here in china because of having no chinese ID. it's just a bit of a rigmarole with passport scans and things like that.

most popular brands are available here, in shops in big cities and online for everywhere else. you can get the authentic versions and counterfeit versions. that is for youth fashion and casual wear, business wear i don't know about.

these imports are subject to a luxury item import tax which is 20% afaik. i paid about $120 for levi 501s and just paid $90 for a pair of DC Shoes sneakers.

you should take a look at taobao and search for the things you were thinking of selling to see what prices they are and how many of them are available. you can just usually use the english brand name so you don't need to worry about chinese.
>>
If I was really wealthy I would buy brands or trademarks that have gone out of business, bring them back to production and focus heavily in the asian market, chinks will buy anything western.
>>
File: LeMerchant.gif (12KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
LeMerchant.gif
12KB, 501x504px
>>1627550
Mfw I get rich from selling Billy Beer to gullible Chinese.
>>
>>1627539
Thanks, anon, I'll look more into taobao then.
>>
You wont be successful

Pretty sure you need a Chinese ID to sell on taobao and Alibaba. And you need pay a ridiculously expensive fee to open up an e-store. Something like over $2000-$5000 or more

And its saturated. Literally millions of other chinks doing the exact same thing
>>
>>1627597
>>1627597
>And its saturated. Literally millions of other chinks doing the exact same thing

I hope a cumskin like myself can get into the action and make$$$
>>
Opening a store in taobao is free
>>
>>1627644

well you still need a Chink ID (which they don't give to foreigners) and have to go thru all kinds of red tape BS.

I remember last year I got a chink girl to try to sell one measly pair of new shoes for me. I forgot the details but it took like a week for her to get approved and she needed to put her ID in and all kinds of bullshit
>>
Con them into buying property in the Chicago area. Show em how ridiculously affordable it is there.
>>
>>1627656
wow, chinese are a bunch of fucking racists

they definitely need more diversity
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.