[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it true an over valued IPO can ruin an otherwise good company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1452688513694.jpg (101KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
1452688513694.jpg
101KB, 1400x788px
is it true an over valued IPO can ruin an otherwise good company and that it's always better to undervalue
>>
Ruin is being overdramatic.

But yeah, it's better to undervalue an IPO for the company. For the bank, they're fucked both ways, and need to try to be as accurate as possible.
>>
A company's stock price has very little effect on its performance or prospects. In reality, it really only affects two things:

1) The ability to raise additional capital by issuing additional shares post-IPO. While potentially important in some cases, its not always needed and there are many other ways to raise capital.

2) It affects the company's ability to incentivize employees with stock grants and options.

Maybe it also affects perception in the market, and employee morale, but those are hard if not impossible to quantify.
>>
>>1625817

Why would a bank not want to overvalue within an acceptable margin?
>>
>>1625844
>Why would a bank not want to overvalue within an acceptable margin?
Because the bank's role is as underwriter. That means they guarantee the founders a certain price, in exchange for a large fee. It's like insurance for the founders that the IPO will make them money.

When the underwriter screws up the pricing, it can be very expensive for them.
>>
>>1625852

I see, thanks
>>
facebook was overvalued at $38/share and it tanked to $18 so people shorting it made 2x money. since they bought the dip they let it grow to $118 and made 5x money. overvalue, short, ride the dip = profit.
>>
>>1625924
>is it true an over valued IPO can ruin an otherwise good company and that it's always better to undervalue

Almost nobody can predict that perfectly. Stop wasting our time with your sensationalism.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.