[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /biz/ hows my resume looking? >27, started uni this year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 499594949.png (59KB, 975x533px) Image search: [Google]
499594949.png
59KB, 975x533px
hey /biz/ hows my resume looking?
>27, started uni this year doing Med Science but dont think its for me
>working at a pizzeria at night, thinking of a bachelor of business or social work

do I have enough skill to get in a more corporate positions without quals? How can I improve this?
>>
Your career objective made me cringe hard
>>
>>1625061
ok, what is a non-cringe career objective?
>>
>>1625065
None at all. That shit is stupid.
>>
>>1625073
Fair enough what about the content of the resume
>>
File: 1450964627105.jpg (352KB, 1207x1607px)
1450964627105.jpg
352KB, 1207x1607px
>>1625078
Personal opinion coming through.

>Layout
Should be easy to improve, get a nice template somewhere. Nothing flashy though. Perhaps a picture too, but that's not appropriate everywhere.

>Education
Put more shit there, perhaps move the certificates there too. Mention big projects you worked on.

>Work experience
Looks solid, you worked a lot. Well done. Perhaps make the descriptions a bit more concise and professional. First list the activities per job and then mention some skill you acquired.

Conversational Proficiency--> Professional or Working proficiency.
>>
>>1625061
>>1625065
If you're still here anon,

Opinion:

yes, just remove the career objective. you have to be thinking an idiot is gonna be reading your resume. you could best serve your organization by working for free. will this satisfy you?

start with an assistant corporate position, because honestly most of your experience is not relevant applying for a corporate position.
Like, Trade Assistant is just completely irrelevant experience and Shift Supervisor is where you had most responsibilities so far (or at least you make it sound so).
Why would I care that you can mix dough if I'm thinking of hiring you for an office position?

You "skills" is soft skills. You didn't add any practical skills. Like: MS Excel; MS Word; MS PowerPoint; MS Outlook; Photoshop; Copywriting etc

If you're aiming for an office position, demonstrate your management skill and experience through your previous positions.
Training new drivers and operating cash register is irrelevant. Just say that you were somehow managing those drivers or driver's work.

You can at lest include MS Office, I'm sure everyone with higher education knows how to use Word and PowerPoint, at least.

After reading this I've developed an impression that you're not looking for the right position, that you should look for a store position instead. I gave about 3 minutes to reading through your resume, HR, who have to read hundreds of resumes daily will just glance over it.

Add a good picture, remove all the irrelevant info and find a better template if you don't want of don't have the skill to make it from scratch.
And just a final note, maybe you'v covered it but even then I don't see where you would put your contact info? you MUST add a phone number and an email, srsly

Good luck
>>
>>1625621
>you should look for a store position instead
didn't mean it's what I think you should do, just saying what was my impression after I was done reading through it
>>
>multi-page resume

Don't do that. Only include past jobs that you feel are relevant to the positions you're interested in.

>Interests

Remove. Employers do not care if you like soccer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.