[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start new job four months ago >company has severe turnover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Billy_Batts.jpg (37KB, 650x694px) Image search: [Google]
Billy_Batts.jpg
37KB, 650x694px
>start new job four months ago
>company has severe turnover and managerial problems according to Glassdoor but what the fuck do I care they're paying me pretty well
>get in
>meet the eighteen employees in my department (entire company has about ~200)
>get to work slowly learning the ropes, mostly doing clerical work
>month or two later
>head of department, second-longest tenured employee in the company, shockingly gets fired by executives
>bunch of loyalists quit with her
>their workload gets dumped on the rest of us
>high expectations remain unchanged and we all get chewed out for not doing twice the amount of work as before
>more people quit in light of this
>down to eight employees now
>four of them are taking interviews on their lunch break, two more are counting down to retirement

How soon is too soon to quit a new job and how fucked will I be with this on my resume in the job market? If I should stick it out, for how much longer should I do so?
>>
File: tommy.jpg (171KB, 1353x761px) Image search: [Google]
tommy.jpg
171KB, 1353x761px
Maybe you didn't hear, I don't shine shoes no more.
>>
I'd give it everything I have to impress the executives. If the company pulls through you'll be in a great position
>>
Do what your mates are doing. Interview at lunch, call in sick to interview at other places, etc. if you have to quit and are asked why...say ethics conflict and toxic environment. If you can't stick it out, quit before you get canned.
>>
when you interview and it's not going well, just throw in the phrase "Tubal Cain". if your interviewer is a freemason, he has to hire you.
>>
call the executives and ask them why the fuck do they hate making money?
>>
>>1624636
>>1624577
The executives are the problem. They're all people with zero qualifications other than having been hired as a low-level employee when the company first started in the mid-90s. I don't even think there have even been any changes to the executive leadership since 2005.

Meanwhile, my department does something that is only slightly related to the rest of the company and is more or less ignored by everyone else until it starts to cost more money than it brings in, which is how my department head got fired.
>>
>>1624630
>he has to hire you.
nice loophole bro, im going to say that at every important meeting if its not going well
>>
>>1624550
>>1624567

I gotta say, I am LOVIN the goodfellas memes.

no other board is doing it like 2016 Q4 biz.
>>
>>1624550
Could be a chance to move up the ladder quickly SENPAI why not stick with it for a bit
>>
>>1624690

it also works if you are getting arrested: the cop has to let you go
>>
>>1624713
What do you mean you're lovin these memes? Is this like platonic or romantic love? Tell me what the fuck you mean that you love this.
>>
>>1624630
That only works if Joe Rogan is your attorney.
>>
>>1624713

Salud.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN SHINE BOX
>>
>>1624956
Guy looks the the fuckin' Shah of Iran.
>>
>>1624672
Sinking ship bro
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.