[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is getting a degree worth it if you already have a decent career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

is getting a degree worth it if you already have a decent career?

I'm 29 and make $70k/year as a hotel general manager that was a high school dropout. should i bother getting a degree?
>>
>>1622759
only if you need it to advance or move elsewhere in your career.

in your line of work experience is more valuable than education.
>>
>>1622759

coach those getting a degree with your experience and network at the same time. w/w
>>
>>1622759
Hey my sister is an assistant manager at a Hilton. She got a degree but to be honest she says experience is much more valuable in that field. So like >>1622808 said, if it can't get you higher up then why waste time, money, resources to get a degree when you're already making 70k a year? If the probability of you being promoted to regional manager or something with a degree then you should do it. If experience trumps all then why the fuck does it matter?
>>
>>1622880

networking and prestige
>>
>>1622900
I'm assuming since he's already a general manager there is no point in networking through school, unless he wants to move to something else. Prestige however, sure.
>>
>>1622759
If you want to end up as COO sure

must be a pain in the ass to get a GED, go into community college and then get a MBA. You can always stay in where you are though but damn I'd feel bad for that kid whose dad cleaned cum from bedsheets, if you ever plan on having a family of course
>>
>>1622915
>I'd feel bad for that kid whose dad cleaned cum from bedsheets, if you ever plan on having a family of course
wut

I was never in housekeeping. I started at the front desk and moved to GM in 4 years
>>
The cost of tuition plus the opportunity cost of not working for 4 years can be enormous. Plus, a degree is a gamble that is by no means guaranteed to increase your salary.

If I were you, I wouldn't consider seeking a degree. Of course, nothing is stopping you from educating yourself outside of work.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.