[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some useful things I can learn by myself to become self-employed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0882.jpg (48KB, 580x541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0882.jpg
48KB, 580x541px
What are some useful things I can learn by myself to become self-employed?

I have some knowledge of photoshop, web development, building computers and creative writing.
>>
>>1619496
business
>>
>>1619496
face to face sales, bonus points for actual eye contact. Triple bonus for a smile that shows teeth and doesn't look like a psychopath.

Going outside. this is measured by the tone of your skin. Mexicans and blacks get automatic double damage points in this category.

Being responsible for something. This includes moving out of your parent's house, renting your own place, and getting a pet. Keep the place and the pet going for at least a year without help. Pass/fail.

working within a budget. Same test as above.

Respecting your elders. This is learned the instant you realize they did all this shit too, and did it better than you. also pass/fail.
>>
invest in SP500, marry a russian hooker

leave said russian hooker in russia

get tested, find out you have HIV
>>
>>1619496
Sounds like you already have the foundation to get into e-commerce, blogging, or affiliate marketing.
What kind of self employment are you looking into doing?
(i.e. online business, brick and mortar, freelancer, manual labor, trades, etc.)

>>1619504
>This is learned the instant you realize they did all this shit too
True.
>and did it better than you
False. Baby boomer detected.
>>
>>1619520
gen x actually.

we got kicked out at 18, just like the boomers did.

harsh, but ultimately a much better set of lessons than what we've taught our kids.
>>
File: speak.png (367KB, 605x828px) Image search: [Google]
speak.png
367KB, 605x828px
>>1619496

Best book I ever bought. I always thought I was well skilled but I was too much of a mumble mouth to get it across. This helped a lot although you may need some sessions with a speech pathologist to get everything down pat.
>>
>>1619520

I would like to start a business in my lifetime, probably online ventures for now because it seems cheaper to start up.

I was thinking of buying cheap chinese stuff in bulk from alibaba and selling on ebay, amazon or something but they already look pretty saturated and I don't know where to start.

Is blogging still a thing? I used to read into doing the google adsense stuff and affiliate marketing with sharecash but that was 4-5 years ago and I have no idea what's going on now.
>>
>>1619540

Marketing mate. You need to have a flashy and memorable name and logo; good reviews (what out for sabotage from competitiors); and hopefully get towards the top of search engines. My aunt does internet sales in Jacksonville for cosmetics. Her sales were pretty much nothing for the first few months. Her daughter (my cousin) went to a sorority with a girl that became a local celebrity. My aunt paid her $10,000 to plug her on Instagram and do a few videos and it worked. The local celeb's followers watched it then liked and resent it to their friends and family and she ended up with around ~$250k in sales in her first year which she pocketed $100k before taxes (she had first year fees and other bullshit to payout).
>>
>>1619553
Wow, does she sell it from her own website or through a service like amazon?
>>
>>1619496
so what i hear from you is
>I have an equivalent set of skills for a 20 smth year old as MS Office was 10 years ago.
You have no skills, do you have capital?
>>
>>1619569
Lmao
Just 5 grand
>>
>>1619567

She bought supplies from Daisy Blue and set up her own website. I don't remember if she has an Amazon store or not.
>>
>>1619529
>we got kicked out at 18
>better set of lessons than what we've taught our kids.
As someone who comes from a family where living with your parents up until you are 30 is the norm and has been for several generations, I disagree with this statement.
Living with my parents for an extra couple years was the single best decision for me while starting up my first two businesses.
In fact, I would go as far as to attribute my becoming the wealthiest member of my family to that very decision.
Even though I was born in America, I have absolutely no idea why so many Americans believe kicking out their children is the "right way" of doing things.
If anything, it seems like its the reason families stay poor through the generations imho.

>>1619540
>I was thinking of buying cheap chinese stuff in bulk from alibaba and selling on ebay, amazon
I did this for awhile. I haven't had any luck with eBay or Amazon. But if you make your own Shopify/Woocomerce/etc type store you can still make some pretty good money.
I would recommend any of Frank's many guides:
https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/the-shopify-facebook-method-faq-all-questions-here-please.803324/
(This was just the first one of his I pulled up on google but he has many more)

>Is blogging still a thing?
Yeah, but its a lot harder to monetize than it used to be. I still see some new people coming out with blogs (generally in the "make money online" niche) that claim to make a killing on it.

>I used to read into doing the google adsense stuff and affiliate marketing with sharecash
If you are looking into affiliate marketing I would start with one of these:
https://www.bettrfastr.com/
http://www.bizticky.com/
I would recommend money4anon.com but apparently its reverted to a parking page.
Also check out the /biz/ discord channel at https://discord.gg/2nsd7K4
Both McLogical and AffAnon from the affiliate guides hang out here plus they have more resources on getting started.
>>
>>1619592
>>1619553
Thanks friends I have a lot to go off on now, also didn't know we had a discord, awesome.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.