[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college worth the $$ spent? I'm about 2 years in, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1885.png (210KB, 393x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1885.png
210KB, 393x700px
Is college worth the $$ spent? I'm about 2 years in, and I'm doing a finance major. I've watched Shrkeli (whatever the Armenian Jew's name is) and he said that he didn't really need the degree. Also, this election proved to me that college is more of an indoctrination process than it is a learning process. Basically, I think college is a meme which is a waste of money. Am I better off teaching myself and dropping out of college to save and invest money elsewhere. Or should I just finish it?
>>
>>1614100
>Am I better off teaching myself and dropping out of college to save and invest money elsewhere

And what are you going to put down on your resume?

2012-2017 Khan Academy University?
>>
>>1614100

To even take the CPA, etc. you need a bachelor's degree. You essentially need a useful degree to even get hired nowadays. Plus, college is a good time to network with people. Of course there are exceptional people who can teach themselves and actually get somewhere in their career. However, chances are pretty slim and not everyone is that lucky. Your life and your choice.
>>
>>1614101
kek
>>
>>1614101
>>1614163
Once you start your own business, people generally stop giving a fuck about your schooling.
>>
>>1614166
>Once you start your own business, people generally stop giving a fuck about your schooling.

>if you start a successful business with no experience in the field then no one gives a fuck about your schooling

Yes, you're correct. But what are the chances of that? You'll probably want at least A FEW years of professional experience in a field before branching out into your own business unless you want to make yet another affiliate market/dropship business and a shitty blog plastered in ads.

And even IF YOU DO start a business, wouldn't it be a good thing to have a degree to fall back on? - In case things don't work out with your business? Businesses aren't always successful and unless you want to be in a situation where it's "Succeed or now you have to work at mcdonalds or be homeless" you'll probably want something to fall back on.

This also doesn't even get into the aspect of requiring money to start a business (at the very least to sustain yourself while you work on it, let alone all the actual costs of the business itself).

Wouldn't getting a degree and some work experience while working on your business part-time and if it REALLY TAKES OFF abandoning your job and hopping over to your business full-time make a lot more sense?

Whatever tho.

Maybe the penny stock pump & dumps and crypto coins will finally pay off. Go for it chump, drop your $15k your mom gave you for University into [new-notscamcoin]. I've heard it's really doing well
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.