[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>junior Statistics student >4.00 gpa >0 internships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Uni Feels.jpg (7KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
Uni Feels.jpg
7KB, 209x250px
>junior Statistics student
>4.00 gpa
>0 internships
>0 experience
>0 connections
>0 projects
>0 passion
>apply to 20+ jobs
>get 1 interview
>never hear back

Anyone else in Uni feeling fucked on getting a job/internship? I'm afraid if I don't get an internship this Summer i'll fall into the unemployment gap hard and never get a job.
>>
This is easy senpai, I was literally you when I began this year. Join the statistics or business or accounting club or something like DECA and finding an internship will be easy. All you have to do is show up to a few events, tell them you're interested in finding a job and they will point you in the right direction. Take a position of leadership next year and your gpa should do the rest of the talking.
>>
>>1612632
>apply to dream job
>get denied again
>consider joining the military
I don't even know anymore
>>
>>1612632
Step it up niggah, I've applied to 750 jobs over the last two months. That's the way to do it.
>>
>>1612632
Do what >>1612660 said. Also, consider embellishing your resume. Companies never check up things like clubs/personal hobbies/side businesses etc (especially not for some intern that they could hardly give a fuck about). You could also throw in a fake internship or two, just claim that you shadowed someone and it was an informal/unpaid type of deal. I've told WAY bigger lies on resumes without getting caught, so you should be fine. Also, you should be as geographically flexible as possible. Additionally, if you're "diverse" in any way (woman, minority, gay, veteran etc) try to exploit that by finding organizations which assist in hiring for those groups.
>>
>graduate in summer 2015 from a foreign university
>go back to my country
>no contacts in industry
>apply for hundreds of jobs
>get rejected
>apply for y country's foreign service (diplomacy)
>pass the toughest round of exams
>get to the second round
>have an excellent interview with a panel of ambassadors
>still get rejected

shit sucks man
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.