[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have experience importing things from China/Alibaba,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: workplace.jpg (701KB, 2360x1560px) Image search: [Google]
workplace.jpg
701KB, 2360x1560px
Do any of you have experience importing things from China/Alibaba, and selling it on amazon and other marketplaces?
I'm from the EU, so I was wondering if it's necessary to register a business if I just want to test the waters with a few products?
>>
you don't have to register anything with facebook market or ebay to do exactly that
>>
>>1612215
Alright, thanks! So the customs won't be asking questions once I get my delivery?
>>
bump for other advice and recommendation
>>
>>1612216

There are no laws against importing 1.5 million dragon dildos, anon.
>>
Anyone have any recomendations on what to buy? I was thinking about cheap gas scooter like the ones ypu stand on but those will probably break very fast so I guess I wont do it
>>
>>1612377
Noice, can't wait to start my dragon dildo enterprise :3

>>1612383
You really need to find that on your own, it's quite a competitive area. I always thought that I should never buy something I wouldn't like to or need to buy for myself, but it's amazing what sort of garbage people waste money on. So far I have only sold obvious fakes and made double the amount invested with little to no calculations. I wonder if I could make more with alibaba and the like... hmm
I still wouldn't like to get into trouble with law, if I order trinkets from china I hope I won't get a call from some gov customs office. But I also don't feel like registering a company for something I'm not sure will work.
>>
Also there are some videos on importing stuff from China and alibaba on Udemy but they all seem to provide basic information I can get for free on internet. Does /biz/ have some worthwhile books on subject of importing items and drop shipping?
>>
>>1612488

You are not required to have a company. Not having one just means you pay more taxes.
>>
Have you looked into tariffs? I can't imagine the EU has free trade with China.
Also, upon crossing the border you'll be charged your domestic VAT on imports. If you're not a registered business they won't hand you the package unless you pay up. So depending on which EU country you live in that would be a ~20% markup for your test run.
Also, most countries look at the *intent* of doing business, so even selling for the first time might already require you to register a business and file income taxes if it's clear you intend to sell regularly.

Check your local laws. If you can't do it yourself, hire a lawyer.
>>
>>1613277
I'll have a talk with an accountant this coming week to see about that. better safe than sorry.

>>1613293
> Have you looked into tariffs

Yeah I have and it doesn't look nice. I also live in the worst part of eu when it comes to taxes. I'm almost 100% certain I'll have to register a company, I can register a simple ltd. which will cost less than a regular one, but there will be plenty of regulations and costs regardless.
I consider dropshipping, since it doesn't require an actual inventory but I'm not too fond of that idea. I will think over it.

> Check your local laws. If you can't do it yourself, hire a lawyer.

I'll do that too, thanks for the advice!
>>
>>1613383
>I can register a simple ltd. which will cost less than a regular one, but there will be plenty of regulations and costs regardless.

I'm 99% certain wherever you live you can register a sole proprietorship (ie you as a person are the business). No need to found a corporation. That's way too complicated and expensive.
>>
>>1613403
I could, but in that case, anyone can look up my name on internet and tie to my activity. It's not that I have something to be ashamed of I just hate others knowing what I do.
>>
>>1613403
This also means you take on all the risk
>>
>>1613541
Yes, this too. Plus, you're less convincing if you're not a company unless you brand yourself. I'll get few products from eu, see how they sell and then think about importing from outside eu. If there's profit in it, then registering a company seems like a proper thing to do.
>>
>>1612212
I tried.

shipping eat all my margin.
making proffesional looking listings takes some time.
chinese are always trying to fuck you in the ass.

cease and desist letters from butthurt competitors.

chinese know you are their competition, they will send you a lot of broken shit.

chinese lie in the customs declaration a lot and if they catch you, you are responsible for that, even when you told them to declare everything.

amazon is a big bitch. they will ban you as soon one of your competitors yells counterfeit. they destroy your inventory too.

chinese fuckers will cut you out if you are succesful, making deals directly with amazon.

chinese have subsidies from the goverment to ship dirt cheap from china making it impossible for you to compete.

you want to open a case with alibaba because your merchandise wasnt as described? good luck.

shipping back goods to china is insanely expensive thats why they dont care a shit if you comply.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.