[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: 1478823420580.jpg (39KB, 880x558px) Image search: [Google]
1478823420580.jpg
39KB, 880x558px
"The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday suggesting employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign.

“If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here,” wrote Matt Maloney, Co-Founder of Grubhub. “We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team." "

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html

Is firing people over political affiliation a good business strategy?
>>
>>1610198
He fucked his company.
>>
>>1610208
>not wanting a company filled with people that have the same viewpoint as you
>>
>>1610198

Virtue signalling I imagine. Everyone working there is probably a Hillary voter anyway and he's just showing them how left wing and oppposed to mean old meanie pants Donald.
>>
Shouldn't the board of directors step in? That's a pretty serious threat to the shareholders investment.
>>
>wants to fire everyone that doesnt think like him
>we dont tolerate hate in thi company
kek
>>
>>1610198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75SEy1qu71I
>>
>>1610218
Probably this.

If there were Trump supporters within their ranks, that is massively a unethical movie, and I say that as someone on the left side of politics. People should be able to work anywhere of their choosing regardless of personal faith, creed, or political viewpoint.

Having said that, a company does have the right to tell their employees to shut their fucking mouth about faith, creed and political viewpoint and leave their personal lives and beliefs at the door.

>>1610215
This. They are paying you to work, not fight over politics.
Why encourage interpersonal conflicts?
>>
>>1610198
https://www.thecerbatgem.com/2016/11/10/matthew-m-maloney-sells-14491-shares-of-grubhub-inc-grub-stock-2.html

Crashing this plane with no survivors
>>
>>1610280
Isn't that bad
>>
>>1610280
>5+ buy sign postings

lol OK there
>>
A business client just asked me out of the blue on the spot like he was sizing me up what I thought about the president and I said a pretty neutral answer so he keeps buying my shit and it seemed to go over well, thought it might not because he's Mexican and his sjw gf was with him. Luckily I was off of my day job on election day and the day after and no one asked me about politics today and hopefully they won't. I'm not pro trump but not being completely against him could fuck up some business relationships in the industry im in
>>
>>1610272
>a company has a right to tell people to leave their beliefs at the door
They actually dont
>>
File: IMG_4625.png (73KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4625.png
73KB, 1242x2208px
They're getting ddosed.
>>
>>1610198
I will never use grubhub again. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Been using since 2012, but I never knew their CEO was a literal transgender in denial the whole time.
>>
>>1610569
It's a little obvious, family.
>>
>>1610533
Yes they do. They owe it to the other employees.
You can't have a Palestinian and an Israeli for example walking into the office or the factory or worksite if they are belligerent to one-another. That's not fair on them. That's not fair on the company. That's not fair on the people around them.

That causes a distressing working environment, people don't like where they work. It reduces productivity.
Shut up and work! Treat your fellow employees well. Leave your political beliefs at the door, you're not here to proselytize, criticise, or insight debate: you're here to do a job.

Yes they do have that right. If not legally (country by country, even state/provice may be diffrent), then in principle
>>
>>1610198
I wonder what it'd be like if a company sent out an email saying "Anyone supporting that Jigaboo Obama needs to resign immediately, coons and coon-enablers are not welcome here."
>>
>>1610738
This. Fucking scum, hope his business fails due to this, horrible decision.
>>
>>1610272
He actually had to apologize because many people took it to mean they should quit if they voted for Trump. You can't ask people to quit based on how they voted. He's a faggot
>>
File: goodonegrubby.png (7KB, 418x39px) Image search: [Google]
goodonegrubby.png
7KB, 418x39px
JUST
>>
>>1610943
So he apologized for that because he didn't actually mean what he explicitly stated? Sounds like backtracking more than anything else.
>>
>>1610198
Here in the Netherlands it would be a good get your company sued by employees strategy.
>>
If it was 1932, would you fire your employees if they supported Hitler?
>>
>permanently alienating a fraction of workers just to make another fraction temporarily feel good

If what he wanted was to spread a message of love and unity he could just as well have wrote it without mentioning trump and the elections. He was probably just aiming to make headlines and get free publicity but still it was a total retard move.
>>
>>1610733
Leaving your beliefs at the door isn't the same as saying you can't work for me if you voted for x. Not bringing arguments, politics to the workplace is one thing, that's another.
>>
>>1611177
You could say by making that statement he brought politics to the business.
>>
>>1611120
Rly makes me think

Wake up AMERIKKKA

He wants to deport illegal immigrants!! What a racist fucking assholes! America is for everyone not just its citizens!

fucking nazis these days. Why should white countries have a right to borders and self-determination?
>>
>>1610530
Iktfb

I even had to join in slightly making fun of him when some genetic undesirables started their ol thing about him.
>>
>CEO mad cause his pajeets are packing their bags cause of trump
>mfw
>>
There's nothing legally wrong here.

If this is illegal, then so is firing that feminist cunt who gave her firm bad publicity.
>>
their stock is down 5% already
what a fucking retard, you can expect hisnext board meeting to be his last one
>>
>>1611431
Who said it was illegal?

It's just idiotic.

>There's no place for hateful attitudes here ...
>Except if you support the elected president of the United States

It's not like he's some fringe white supremacist, he's literally the elected president. Who many of the American people. Of every demographic voted for.
>>
>>1610198
Not only is it not good business strategy, it's illegal and exactly the hateful attitude that he's hoping to purge from his comapny.
>>
>>1610198
it's their company.
>>
>>1610272
>Why encourage interpersonal conflicts?
You should be asking the fucking CEO that very question
>>
>>1610218
>mean old meanie pants Donald.

That's an odd way to say that he's a fundamentally unkind and mean-spirited bully, but you're correct, yes.
>>
>>1610198
Isn't this shit illegal
>>
>>1610198
>“We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team."
the irony
>>
>>1611463
>Yeah if you own a company you can ignore employment laws.
See how well that goes for you bud.
>>
>>1610569
Transgenders are not all bad, anon.

https://twitter.com/JustineTunney/status/741605374323765252
>>
>>1610208

This.

Like many liberals he had a kneejerk reaction to Trumps election and took it out at work.

Pretty dumb.
>>
>>1610198
kek. I'd reply to the email saying that he can kiss my fucking ass. My political beliefs are protected by the constitution and he just wants to avoid paying people unemployment benefits.
>>
>>1611120
Did an 8 year old make this?
>>
Looks like he realized he done goofed and sent another email
> Inclusion and Tolerance in the Workplace

>This year’s presidential election was undoubtedly divisive and left many of our employees feeling concerned. In response, I wrote a company-wide email that was intended to advocate for inclusion and tolerance — regardless of political affiliation — during this time of transition for our country.

>Some of the statements in my email have been misconstrued. I want to clarify that I did not ask for anyone to resign if they voted for Trump. I would never make such a demand. To the contrary, the message of the email is that we do not tolerate discriminatory activity or hateful commentary in the workplace, and that we will stand up for our employees.

>Grubhub welcomes and accepts employees with all political beliefs, no matter who they voted for in this or any election. We do not discriminate on the basis of someone’s principles, or political or other beliefs.

>I deeply respect the right of all citizens to vote for the candidate of their choice. In fact, I offered extra flexibility on Tuesday and encouraged all our employees to go vote. There is a place for all points of view at Grubhub. We value diverse perspectives and believe those perspectives help to create a better product and a better workplace culture.

>Grubhub’s leadership team has worked for years to create a culture of support and inclusiveness. I firmly believe that we must bring together different perspectives to continue innovating. We are better, faster and stronger together, and so is America.

>Posted by Matt Maloney, GrubHub CEO
>>
>>1610198
This would probably only be legal in America.

In UK, Australia, etc pretty sure "political affiliation" is a category under discrimination law. You could literally fuck your company for millions by issuing this kind of statement.
>>
>>1612175

In america in order to mask your bigotry you have to call other people bigots first. Then imply they are intolerant and there for racists
>>
>>1612175
>>1611822
In America it depends on the state. In DC you can'
t do it. In NY, you can.
>>
>>1612175
Yeah pretty much everything is legal as long as you claim racism first. What other country has their headfigure defend a violent criminal (proven wrong by forensics)?
>>
>>1611814
Do you remember when Republicans did this post Obama? Cause I sure do.
>>
>>1610569
this
>>
>>1610198
>Is firing people over political affiliation a good business strategy?

no.
it is an illegal business strategy.
>>
>>1610272
>a company does have the right to tell their employees to shut their fucking mouth about faith, creed and political viewpoint and leave their personal lives and beliefs at the door.

but that's wrong
>>
>>1610738
something something Florida company something something obamacare something something false equivalences
>>
>>1610198
what a fucking dumbshit. why did he think that would be a good idea?
>>
>>1610244
>acceptance! Unless is disagrees with me!!

Every extreme lib ever
>>
>>1610198
it's actually illegal

but fuckwitted liberals have had their way for so long they think they can do anything to people who disagree with them
>>
>>1610569
I never heard of grubhub until I read about this on pol.
>>
File: af.png (14KB, 588x216px) Image search: [Google]
af.png
14KB, 588x216px
Don't you have to clear these kinds of decisions with your shareholders first?
>>
Lost 20% of value in less then a month.

It was nice knowing you Matt. I hope you have a good life.
>>
>>1610198
holy shit this fucking guy
>we stand for tolerance, always
except when it comes to people you disagree with, aint that right you fucking retard

It really frightens me that there are actually people out there who are this god damn fucking thick. Fuckin hell the left is so fucking cancer, I mean I dislike trump but I really revel in the fact that Trump is president, hopefully he can balance this shit out with a massive swing to the right and then by 2020 we'll get an actual adult in office
>>
We will see shareholder lawsuits by years end. That bigot just ruined his company and career
>>
>>1612922
Back in 2012 when I was getting high all day every day I googled food delivery near me and it popped up. It was awesome and allowed me to order delivery from restaurants that didn't even offer delivery.

used to get awesome kebobs from a place that only delivered for me. the first time the guy came out he told me they forgot they signed up for delivery on grubhub, but they would honor it as long as I wanted.

so grubhub was cool, but if this is an honest move, I don't want to support them, and if it's a dishonest move attempting to gain publicity, I don't want to support them.
>>
Seriously it makes you think.

How did someone this fucking STUPID get into a position of power like CEO of Grubhub?

If this retard can do it, anyone can. I'm convinced any shitposter from /a/ would do a better job than him.
>>
Funny how quick righties criticize someone for taking a stance in their own business. What happened to "at will employment"?

This is making me crave some Chick-Fil-A. Better call GrubHub.
>>
>>1610198

It's a magnet for frivolous lawsuits and will likely backfire on the CEO
>>
>>1611463
No it isn't. It's the shareholders' company. The CEO works for them.
>>
This whole election has been completely pathetic with how business have been acting over there, I sincerely hope that the company does go under and shows as a sign to other companies that it's time to pack their shit in and that business and political opinions do not mix.

Thank god i live in a country where companies generally have a "we don't give a shit, we're just here to sell things" mentality towards politics.
>>
>>1611120
i would have been transfixed by his sparkling blue eyes
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.