[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody want to start a successful business with me? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: apps-image.jpg (50KB, 997x463px) Image search: [Google]
apps-image.jpg
50KB, 997x463px
Anybody want to start a successful business with me? I'm a programmer with almost a decade of experience building mobile apps/games, websites, server backends, etc. I'm good at what I do, but I can't for the life of me come up with a good original idea. If somebody here has one, let's build it! I'm particularly interested in mobile games, but I'm open to any kinds of ideas. I'm not looking to be paid for this, but to partner with somebody and split the profits.
>>
>>1609503
You're going to get a lot of interested replies.
There are a million ideas out there, don't worry about that, but finding a co-founder who will bring the tech idea to the point of where it actually makes money, is very important.
Drop me an email, we can just talk casual for now, get you know eachother ya know.
[email protected]
(attyounis @ gmail dot com)
Im probably your guy, I've been looking for a co founder for a while now, and I've met with over 5 potential partners, all of whom have little technical skills, I even promised to take care of the business side of the startup.
I guess as a final word, I have a few ideas sat on the line, one in particular i've been planning on doing myself, but would prefer a partner, I also have strategies and business plans written for them, although business plans dont really mean much, because you can never plan for everything.
Well talk more later, hope you get back to me soon man.
>>
>>1609503
>>1609576
I would never want to be a partner with some so stupid and unconnected that they have to resort to 4chan to find someone.
>>
>>1609611
Well, it is a business and finance board is it not?
Oculus founder (or should I say creator), connected with like minded people through the internet, through a interest related forum, that forum being based around VR.
Im going to go out on a limb and say that you have never been in business, or just too detached from reality to think that just because were on 4chan, our potential to start a meaningful partnership is lacking, which says a lot, considering that your on 4chan.
>>
>>1609623
Excuse my grammar, I'm out right now and my phone is slightly messed up.
>>
>>1609623
can you make an uber type app?
>>
>>1609503

The App market that I know the most about, and where there is a definite shortage of good apps, is Pen and Paper RPGs converted to interactive stories.

/tg/cyoa/ has some interesting choice games, and authors that will work for free writing the content.
The kind of programming that needs to be done is honestly rudimentary, still images, tracking 'character statistics' and menu like interactions.
>>
>>1609641

Geek culture has gone mainstream. And you don't need to be Pokemon GO to get a lot of interested users.

You could probably get them to pay you through Patreon, just on the promise of the Game they want being built.

I can even recommend a game mechanics Genius(not me) with a small cult-like follower base(I would fall here).

>YouTube /user/NerdCommandoGames
he puts out Game videos, and disects what Indy game designers are doing wrong.
>>
>>1609656

He is Russian (don't let that scare you) and the type of game that I would recommend that you work on is an RPG / Roguelike hybrid.

There are some good Roguelike games on the PC, and "Good Android Roguelike" is a popular Google search.
1. Copy paste a popular basic design to Android / iPhone
2. Get some creative but poor eastern Europeans to write the story and design well balanced and interesting Mechanics. Make sure that they are not too out there - Look how much better the Pen and Paper Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition is doing, compared to 4th, and it is much closer to D&D roots, hitting that Nostalgia nerve.
>>
>>1609503
> I'm good at what I do, but I can't for the life of me come up with a good original idea.

literally same here

>built encrypted messenger that requires no downloads
>no one uses it
ok fuck you too

theres a lot of developers on /biz/

we should really get together and make something.
>>
>>1609633
Uber/Lyft (on demand taxi services) are pretty saturated to be honest, although their business model is very good, so I still see potential in on demand services. You will need some unique selling points though, and a lot of market exposure (which really isnt a problem now days).
>>1609641
>>1609656
>>1609666
Would you really say that the mobile games industry is worth jumping on at this point?
I'd say you probably have a better chance designing games intended to be used by big soical media companies, like facebook messenger. Would be pretty cool to design a game though, I must admit.
>>
>>1609666
>Heal Satin

3. If you go for more production value you want to Splurge on good Sound, and Art from creative people that haven't hit it big yet.
4. As soon as you have something good to show people, set up a Patreon to defray costs of development. Sell the promise of a great game, and people that support you more getting more say in the development process.
5. YouTube /user/ExtraCreditz
James is an industry veteran that will keep you from falling into the same traps that everyone else does. His 850k Subscribers are a great place to advertise a game designed according to the same principles that his channel teaches.

>>1609675
Here is the issue, Mobile Games, even Indie Games are over-saturated in general, but they are all designed with a very narrow view of what Mobile Games are supposed to be.
There are big unexploited niches that you could fill.
>>
>>1609667
This is me >>1609576 just read and hmu if you're interested. I think you're right, what good is communication and planning without execution?
>>
>>1609611
What the fuck do connections have to do with success in a democratized, unencumbered market like an app store?
>>
>>1609686
>There are big unexploited niches that you could fill
Can you elaborate on some more of these unexploited niches?
>>
>>1609667
>>built encrypted messenger that requires no downloads
>>no one uses it
>ok fuck you too
illl use it anonkun what is it
>>
>>1609675
>>1609699

Here is the plan:
Take something that is known to be super popular, with people pining for more games like that.
Transfer the idea from PC to Mobile. Don't expect to get to the top of the charts in the App Store, but instead go by word of mouth in large (100k+) communities that are interested in certain aspect of such a game.
Hit as many of those as possible.

Word of mouth, pyramid scheme like advertising. You don't even promise to pay these people. Multi Level Marketing where the product is the game, and the incentive to join the pyramid is the opportunity to be more involved in the design.

Look at what Mod communities are like, and what kind of content the best of them are capable of producing.
http://www.moddb.com/
>>
>>1609704
SSL certificate expired last week

i'll renew it tomorrow

https://lunarmessaging.net/#drop

its mainly a Proof of concept, i've been too busy to add user registration.
just pls dont google it and find my shitty kickstarter i attempted :^)

>your browser creates a RAS keypair
>our server creates an RSA keypair
>using these keys it encrypts all traffic
>traffic is also encrypted with SSL for extra protection
>keys change every session
>messages instantly deleted once read

but since i havent added user account if you dont use a password the message is saved (but never transmitted) unencrypted.

the idea is for users, it would still use the 2 layer encryption, but also add a third layer, to always uniquely encrypt messages to your contacts, while also changing each 5 messages or so.

i think i went way to niche with it.

in order to decrypt a message without brute force you would need to have access to both clients and the server at the exact time the message was sent.

Since session and message keys are always changing, worst case scenario you get 2 messages out of it, but never a full conversation.

>>1609687
why not, ill send you an email later.
>good with advanced PHP backends
>good with c++
>>
File: image.jpg (458KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458KB, 1024x682px
Op from two other App threads this week. Minimum experience developer but more so the ideas and business guy. I have a plethora of ideas for the right dev, but i would still like to hear more !
>>
>>1609711

If you are crowd sourcing like LINUX, rule with an Iron Fist. Weed out everyone except the best of the best, who are also reasonable in what kind of terms they want, and can work well with others. Nobody with an inflated sense of self importance, only humble people are welcome. This is key to reducing the drama.
Getting stuff done moves you up the pyramid of involvement.
>>
>>1609727

Is any of this stuff sounding interesting to you guys?
Should I continue rambling?
>>
>>1609725
Do you have a throwaway email or something? I don't have one and I don't feel comfortable posting my real email on 4chan.
>>
>>1609735
Not on me, I'm actually at a meeting with my hired dev helpers right now, give me like 20 mins I'll post one ..
But how will I know it's you ?
Last time I did one of these I got 17 emails for neeties wanting to share ideas for cash
>>
>>1609611
Good, leaves plenty of opportunities for the rest of us. Thanks for being too stupid to grab free money.
>>
>>1609725
>ideas guy
Like I said above, ideas are a dime a dozen; and for an idea to be "good", you actually have to put a lot of market research into it (I've been researching for 2 years alone) however the notion that an idea is useless is simply not true, ideas have potential, think of it like gravitational potential energy, a body of matter is lifted up, its ready to be dropped, it has potential energy, and when it is dropped, all that potential energy is converted into kinetic and heat energy, only difference is, with an idea, the potential energy it has is converted to money, code and product.
>>1609719
Looking forward to hearing from you
>>1609711
That makes sense, but still, marketing with video games only goes so far. A "niche" is nothing more than that, just a niche.
>>
>>1609742
Ask to see a printscreen of the (you)
>>
>>1609755
I'm in for it ... And I believe I was just quoted from my prior threads haha .
>>
>>1609755
Lordkekinvestments@ outlook.com
>>
>>1609742
>neeties wanting to share ideas for cash

This is me.
I want like $20 for every idea that earns you >$1,000,000
>>
>>
>>1609807
>implying everyone on /biz/ is a retarded day trading scammer
>>
>>1609813
There are also Jews.
>>
>>1609503
I'm sure you've received a lot of interest from people with some good ideas. My business model deals with big single projects and I'm fairly far along in the planning and execution process. I'm certain that this idea has never been done before and has potential to pick up speed very quickly. I have preliminary designs drawn up, so coding should be simple.
If you're interested and legit, please email
[email protected]
with some proof of experience and credentials.
>>
>>1609779
>>1609735
Also interested in this venture; programmer with about 8 years experience.
Mobile is arguably over-saturated, but it could work.

i818791 [AT] mvrht [DOT] com
>>
>>1609686
>>1609711
>>1609727
>>1609731
This guy is a mess. A big fat mistake.
>>
>>1609954
>with some proof of expirience and credentials
You sound like an asshole, you're asking HIM to join you, you're asking him for a favour, and yet you come across as an interviewer.
>>
Seems like most of these people just want to copy whats popular or what they think will sell if u want ideas i really have some ideas that are original unique and made to be monitized. My main focus is the money and potential its not if you are succesful its how i dont want to be just successful it has to scale upward. Email me at [email protected] ill give you some of my basic concepts and if they can work then ill get to the big ones
>>
I had a great idea with little technical knowledge

I recently put my idea on the "indefinite pause shelf"

Turns out I tried to start a web business without wanting to do the work. You'd have to make a bunch of things before the money started to trickle in.

I loved my idea but it was way bigger than I am. I know exactly what and how to shill our "wares" but I can't for the life of me, make them.
>>
>>1610041
definitely clueless.
>>
I have a bunch of ideas for social apps, which are relatively easy to make (I'm assured of that as I have some programming experience, mostly in js and react).
I think two of them could give me some solid money if executed and advertised right, but I'm just too lazy and unmotivated to do shit right now. Gonna wait until I get manic again and hope that nobody would come up with similar stuff.
>>
Seo, analytics, and marketing force of nature here
>>
>>1610135
What the fuck, are you using this thread to advertise? That wasn't the purpose of this thread at all.
>>
>>1609675
that wasn't the question I asked. I asked are YOU able to build and uber TYPE app?
>>
>>1609503
Hey Op im an ideas guy and have an app on the app store - maybe we can work on something.
>>
>>1610185
Huh, looks like it was my post that was removed. I'm not sure why. I wasn't advertising shit... I was ranting about awful clients and explaining what my own procedure was for accepting jobs. Not actually offering my services.

Oh well.
>>
>>1609503
If youare still here I have a gr8 idea but it will need lots of marketing ( not the expensive kind) . If you can work like a machine for 10 hours a day for a month it'll work. Yah?
>>
OP, I have your email.
Will reply when on pc
>>
>>1609503
drop me an email at [email protected]
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.