[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My apartment complex gave me the lease renewal papers and they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1180365-sam_and_ralph_choke.png (345KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1180365-sam_and_ralph_choke.png
345KB, 480x480px
My apartment complex gave me the lease renewal papers and they obviously made a mistake by offering me rent at nearly $300 less than what my current rent is. Not wanting to ask them "why" and give them an opportunity to change it, i signed it, and they gave me a copy. A few weeks later there was another lease renewal on my doorknob. This one was marked at a $30 INCREASE and still had my signature on it copied from the lower priced one I signed. No mention of any mistake on thier part. This feels wrong? Can i hold them to the previous lease i signed? Thanks
>>
I believe you have some recourse legally speaking if what you signed was contractually binding, and the new paper still has your signature on it while it differs from the copy you have. If you can prove they either changed it after you signed it or forged your signature onto a new paper.
>>
>>1608790
Take your old copy and say hey wtf why is it $30 more?
/thread
>>
>>1608790
Yes, contact a lawyer. They may not be very good landlords after that, though.
>>
File: 03e9a29e37.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
03e9a29e37.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
Its a big corporation thing they own several properties. You think they have the Mr. Burns "wall of scary lawyers"? I feel like im going to get crushed if i try. But this feels like they are taking advantage of me despite the initial renewal was obviously a huge error in my favor...
>>
>>1608790
You want to go to court for 30 dollars per month?
>>
>>1608843

Does your contract have both signatures on it? If it's only yours, then it's useless. if it has both, then make sure you at least pay what is on the first contract, otherwise you would be in breach of either by paying nothing.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-15-11-30-20.png (415KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-15-11-30-20.png
415KB, 960x540px
The lower one is not signed by them. Dang i guess i cant really hold them to it. Unless i do what they did to me and simply switch pages and put their signed page on the other one. Seems fair since they did it to me? Lol
>>
>>1608812

This.

You can be a nice guy and let them off the hook but they gave you a signed legal document at a given pay rate and now they must honor it.

Besides, it's not even their money. Your apartment has an owner and I assure you that owner is making a lot of money.
>>
>>1608843
>landlord "obviously made a mistake offering rent $300 cheaper
>I signed it because I'm a skinflint and I hoped they wouldn't catch their mistake
>"Feels like they are taking advantage of me"

what the fuck did I just read
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.