[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know nothing about trading crypto currencies, I hope someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (418KB, 1803x1020px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418KB, 1803x1020px
I know nothing about trading crypto currencies, I hope someone can answer these questions:

Are there trading platforms, and brokers just like trading stocks?

Can you short sell?

Are cryptocurrencies liquid and volatile enough to day trade them?

How long does it take to execute a trade?
>>
>>1608449
- Yes
- Yes
- 1000x times yes
- In a platform: Seconds/Instantly
Withdrawing depends on the speed of the network but usually only minutes.

The only disadvantage comes from their advantage: they are not centralized so not regulated. There can be a hack any day on any platform and your money is gone. If you try this never keep too much money online.
>>
I have 3k, is there potential for me to make some dough with a bit of know how?
>>
>>1608563
No
>>
>>1608564
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>1608449
Trumpcoin.
>>
>>1608557
Thanks. The last part sounds kinda scary though. Has it happened before?
>>
>>1608646
Yes: http://fortune.com/2016/08/29/risk-of-bitcoin-hacking-is-real/

There was the biggest hack of the first(?) bitcoin exchange MtGox and the hackers stole roughly $350 million in bitcoins. But it was in 2014 and the site had shitty security.

There was the second biggest earlier this year, the hack of Bitfinex, the hackers somehow penetrated the authentication system and stole $70 million. There are a lot of attacks against exchanges and a lot of them can't secure your Bitcoins well enough so it's important that you trade with a trusted site.

I use Poloniex with 2-step verification login. I never had problems with the transactions and their support is pretty cool, but as I said it's better if you don't keep all of your Bitcoins online all the time. You can just make a mobile wallet or a wallet on your computer and when you closed a big trade and you don't want to trade for a while it's better if you just send your BTCs into one of your wallets on your cell phone/pc.
>>
>>1608714
Thanks a lot.

I've never traded these before. I'm just wondering, what kind of info Can you get while trading?
In day trading stocks, live info such as intraday candlestick chart, level 2, list of trades that just happened, are all essential information to make decisions off of. Can you get these on any platform for cryptocurrencies?

Also is there a preferable broker?
>>
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Seconds, if that.

Plenty of technical information (momentum indicators), the liquidity, while higher than ever, remains such that there are some inefficiencies that could be exploited.

This won't be for much longer. Don't ask who, but a couple of the largest prop/options trading firms in the world are in the process of buying or have bought some of the biggest blockchain/bitcoin startups and are already scooping up market share on the trading side.

The only way to make money is to predict a hack or regulatory event, and short it, or assume long term appreciation, buying and holding for a few years as coins become harder to mine and blockchain becomes a thing used by banks.
>>
For coinbase, should I use credit/debit for faster transactions or should I connect directly to bank instead?
>>
File: 1463522420148.gif (3MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1463522420148.gif
3MB, 400x267px
do these trade 24/7??

whats a good website to see candlestick charts of these?
>>
>>1609022
Join a chat group on Discord, here's the invite link https://discord.gg/KK63cHF, and head over to #noob_central channel and read up, what you asked has been explained in details over there, with guides and shit.
>>
I have a newbie question. How many available bitcoins have been mined and how many are left to be mined? What's the ETA for when every bitcoin will be mined? Will the very last 1k-10k bitcoins take 1 year to mine before the well dries?
>>
>>1608449
Do you know DOGGYcoin?
It is the coin with the coin.
Who who who who?
>Doggycoin the coin for Doggies
>>
Say i was one of the lucky few and invested early in a cryptocurrency and made $50,000. Would putting all that profit into a personal bank be too difficult (transaction limits, banks/government asking questions, etc..)

I know cryptocurrency isn't a get rich quick thing, but the large amounts of money that can be made seems like its too good to be true. Prove me wrong? Thanks
>>
>>1610103
very easy to switch it into banks. It's taxed though. plenty of people have far more than 50k in crypto assets bud
>>
>>1610109
If i invested in Monero or Waves for example, could they limit the amount i wanted to sell? Can they make offshoring large amounts of money very difficult so they can maintain a high dollar price for other investors?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.