[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lend my one year long girlfriend €1k and made her sign an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: Family-Loans.jpg (95KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
Family-Loans.jpg
95KB, 800x566px
I lend my one year long girlfriend €1k and made her sign an agreement. (no interest)

Am I autistic for making my gf (who I trust) signing an agreement for this little amount or even for wanting the money back in the first place?

I feel like /biz/ will be on my side, but I think most people would agree with the before mentioned.
>>
Not only /biz/ but the entire fucking planet is on your side. Dont be a scrub, what you borrow, you pay back. regardless of who they are.
>>
no.
legally speaking it is a necessity.
$1000 is not a small amount of money, you have to hold people accountable or they could attempt to sleaze out.
You know how many people I've had borrow from me and never pay me back?
Quite a few.
Then I started playing hardball and forcing them to sign agreements.
>>
>>1608322
Trust is a fickle thing. We need it in our day to day lives to really flourish, but it's also really meaningless because trust is such a vulnerable and easily broken thing by its very nature.

On the rational side, yes, protecting yourself with a contract is a very reasonable and good thing to do. It should almost always be done with strangers.

On the other hand, it can hurt people close to you to say you don't trust them and it can ruin relationships.

Nobody on this board is qualified to give you a set answer, in fact I'd avoid it because most people here are going to be strictly rational (they have no social point of view on your situation + 4chan is filled with bitter, misogynistic virgins and low value males who have been wronged by women), and most importantly nobody knows how your girlfriend is going to react (but you probably have a much better idea).

Some things to consider:
How badly will it hurt you to lose a grand?
Have you trusted your girlfriend with money before?
Is there a specific reason you're considering making her sign a contract in the first place?
Is forcing someone you trust to sign a contract worth hurting or even potentially losing them?
Many people are cool and understanding about signing a contract for money, including loved ones. Maybe she will, maybe she wont, but you have to bet on your gut feeling on this one.
>>
>>1608372
if he truly trusted her he would not be asking the question.
true trust isn't something you have to think about, it's an instinct.
>>
>>1608322
I lent my girlfriend the same amount with an agreement that she would pay it back as soon as she got paid. Didn't bother writing up a contract because it's an amount I'd be ok with losing with the understanding it'd be the end of the relationship if that were to happen. But if you absolutely needed it back then I don't think a contract is a problem
>>
>>1608322
Never ever lend money to friends or family. Giving is fine if people need it, you believe they will be responsible with it, and you can afford it, but you should never lend money to those people.
>>
I wouldnt be in love with a broke hoe who asks me for money. yes you did the right thing lmao
>>
>>1608372
>nobody knows how your girlfriend is going to react
I already did it. It went a bit like this.

>ME: here sign this contract
>HER: a contract, really? That's a bit strange
>ME: if you don't want to sign it then that kinda makes me not want to loan you the money
>HER: it's just odd
>ME: well if you think what I do is odd then find a non-odd boyfriend you can loan free money from
>HER: nonono I didn't mean it that way *signs papers*
>>
>>1608414
You two were made for each other.

Good luck on the investment!
>>
>>1608421
No investment. No interest. I just want my money back if we quickly break of the relation for some big reason.
>>
>>1608432
Investments aren't always made for monetary gain.
>>
>>1608322
I wouldn't date someone who I don't trust with a small loan.
>>
Business should always be kept separate from your personal relationships. Your girlfriend is a keeper if she understands this.
>>
>>1608322
Well its not about trusting her now. Its your girlfriend she can literally fuck the whole apartment building and you can't do jacks shit about it. So its not a big deal if she is paying you back anyway
>>
She could always claim to the courts that she was coerced into such an agreement

Trust no one, not even yourself
>>
>>1608322
Plot twist:
it's for a breast enlargement and she's leaving you
>>
>>1608322
depends on how close you are. if you guys are close yeah its autistic.
>>
What was it even for?

Youre being cucked, its prolly used to pay for future Tyrone's abortion.
>>
>thinking you have legal recourse on unsecured loans to your gf

Mate she could just skip town and you will never see that money again
>>
If you need a binding agreement. You don't trust them.
>>
>>1608322

Dwight?
>>
>>1608322
You don't need a contract like you're thinking. Just text her or e-mail her or write it on the transfer thing making it explicit that you're lending her €1000 rather than gifting.
>>
If she can be trusted it makes no difference.

If she can't, well, you can predict how she will react.
>>
>>1608322

I personally don't loan friends money. I either give it to them, or say no, and usually I say no. I always offer to show people how to make more money, or how to manage the money they have better, but it usually falls on deaf ears. Never loan money you can't afford to lose.

Besides, a contract won't do shit. You're not going to hire a lawyer and chase down someone for 1k. More so, if you can only loan her 1k, you can't afford a lawyer, and probably can't afford to loan her the money anyway. And if you need to loan her money, it means the bank, her family, her parents, her friends, have already said no, that's why she's asking you, so given that behavior, how financially responsible do you expect her to be, really?

The best path imo, is tend to your garden, get your finance game down so that you can help out the people you care about and expect nothing in return. Create abundance in your life, then that way you have the stacks to help people out while simultaneously not giving a fuck over a piddly amount like 1k.
>>
>>1609020
>More so, if you can only loan her 1k, you can't afford a lawyer, and probably can't afford to loan her the money anyway.
Most civilized countries have some version of a small claims court bruh.
>>
>>1608980

kek
>>
>>1608322
Even if this sound something like an uncle would say, I think that was actually a good idea.

For the (potential) price of 1K pounds you will find out your gf can be trusted, potentially saving you TIME, and LOTS OF MONEY down the line.
>>
5 bucks says that OP never sees that money again
>>
>>1609823
Lend me €5 and I'll take that worthless bet.
>>
>>1608414
>>1608432

Good Job Bro.
Keep her accountable, most women have no idea what this means b/c parents spoiling them.
>>
>>1608414
Why are you so defensive when talking to her?

why not just explain to her why you're having her do it (in a non-autistic way). something like "This way we won't have an argument when I think you still owe $100 and you think you paid it to me when we were drunk"

I make everyone I loan money to sign a very simple paper with amount, date, both our signatures. Every payment they make is recorded and initialed by both parties to prevent disagreements. But I don't get upset when people say it's strange, I explain why I'm doing it and they always agree it's a good idea.
>>
>>1611089
nevermind just figured it out. you read online what an 'alpha' is and you think by saying shit like that you're alpha.

good luck bro, you'll definitely learn some valuable lessons from this.
>>
>>1608322
I did the same once except with $60.

I still cringe when I think about it, because yes it's severely autistic.
But when it's about $1000, i would say it's justified.
>>
>>1611094
>you read online what an 'alpha' is and you think by saying shit like that you're alpha.
It worked didn't it?
In fact I bet the contract had bj's as interest.
Then he tucked her in the ads and kicked her out.
She ask for cab.
"You have $1000 don't you?"

>thanks RP
>>
> needing emergency loan if 1 grand
> signing paperwork for issuing 1 grand loan
kek, what's it like being poor?
seriously, i want to now what kind is like for you people.
>>
>>1608322
You are justified
Lost more money than $1000 on a girl
"I'll pay you back"
She believed it too. But it never happened because she lost her job. So in her mind it's not her fault
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.