[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good resource for learning how to start a business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: free-business-plan-templates.jpg (702KB, 1000x709px) Image search: [Google]
free-business-plan-templates.jpg
702KB, 1000x709px
What's a good resource for learning how to start a business?

Something with actual inforamtion and not the bullshit fluff that most how to books get filled with.

I want to know what point of sale machines to buy, how to wiring them up to my bank account, what security to contract out to for my finances, what armored car I use to transfer my physical cash to the bank, and I want to know where to find the laws I have to obey as far as who I can hire, also I want the scoop on taxes and registering, I want to know that reall good sshit mane you know what I mean.

don't tell me no bullshit now ya heard.
>>
>>1605538
>What's a good resource for learning how to start a business?
working your way up to management in someone else's business.
>>
>>1605538

Almost all of that stuff is unnecessary for someone just starting out.
>>
>>1605542
>you don't need cash registers
>you don't need to get registered with the IRS
>you don't need to move your money to the bank
>you don't need security cameras
>you don't need to know the laws you have to obey when conducting business.

I said no bullshit now yall gonna have to leave now.
>>
>>1605542
this. that's all high-level stuff you mentioned OP.

with the internet, starting a business is easier than ever. all you need is something people will buy. what are your skills? what can you sell? once you find out, that's your business!

get a website, start promoting it online to get leads. brick and mortar biz are for people with capital. 90% of physical businesses can be replicated online. not counting restaurants, but those usually fail.

some guy yesterday just put up flyers to replace tires. sure it's not gonna pull 100k/year but he took action and got 2 leads the first 24 hours. who knows, he could grow the idea and own a tire shop next year.

with all that high-level knowledge you know, you could be a consultant for small/mid biz owners.
>>
>>1605538
Make an L.L.C company. Get the necessary business permits from your local city/county. Once you get your corporation tax ID number then open a business bank account, and get a business credit card. Look in to payment services like SQUARE or use PAYPAL if on the internet. Factor in any fees in to the price. And then keep reinvesting in to your business to the point where you can hire people and expand.
>>
>>1605544
when you buy cash registers and card readers the seller will hook them up and maintain the tech, often for a fee.

registering with the IRS consists of requesting a TIN and then paying your taxes. Any accountant can help.

Armored car services are listed in the phone book and online.

Security companies, see above.

legal you might be able to learn at your local community college. Most people learn it by working in management. If you can't pick it up you can always hire someone that knows this stuff.

Most of these questions don't have easy answers because:
1. the answers are constantly changing
2. if you're not smart enough to find the answers yourself you're not going to make it anyways.
>>
>>1605561
>>1605554

Thank you my questions have been answered.

In short, "pay other people to do it"
>>
>>1605574
>"pay other people to do it"
this is pretty much the definition of business.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.