[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people dislike accounting? Every time I meet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: thank-you-but-no-87060350871.jpg (39KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
thank-you-but-no-87060350871.jpg
39KB, 500x445px
Why do so many people dislike accounting?
Every time I meet someone who says they're undeclared, I suggest accounting. Every single time it's like a fat kid asking out a nice Stacy.
>thanksbutnothanks.jpg
Some even talk about owning their own business and still sneer at accounting.
It's just so perplexing as to why such a large amount of people are averse to it.
>>
>>1604292

I'm running a small tech company, and we're currently thinking about expanding.

Currently, we outsource "accounting". This consists of us sending our automatically generated transaction reports to the accounting firm, where they double check everything and send it to the authorities.

I do not see how this accounting cost scales with company size.

Currently, we use several algorithms to continuously streamline our manufacturing processes (buy or diy? local or import? replace or repair?) The external data is sourced by a designated minimum wage professional googler ("analyst").

I contend that we can't ever fully utilize an internal accountant, unless we have 10 subsidiaries.

Can you convince me to hire an accountant?
>>
>>1604292

Because it BLOWS TONS OF DICKS

It's just plain horrible. Some people like it, but it takes a particular mindset to enjoy it. And it's significantly underpaid compared to the work output.

t. accounting dropout
>>
>>1604292
Because most people just assume its a low paying, dead end, cubicle, bean counting job with no sense of satisfaction. Lots of people don't even know what they do. They just know you're a "numbers person." And its just boring.

Nobody aspires to become accountants. It just kinda happens. It's kinda the degree you get when you want a job and are afraid of high level math in Engi, but are also not stupid enough to major in liberal arts (from what I can tell)
>>
I just took my first accounting course and i like it so far. You just do the work and thats that. I dont get it either or why now when i tell people im considering majoring in it they say "u rike numbers??". Its not that much math...
>>
>>1604366
>afraid of high level math in Engi

looks like you don't know what accounting is about either because the core of accounting is barely about "math"
>>
>>1604327

the accountant responsabilities grow as the equity of your firm grows too..

i'm an accountant that lives in brazil.. at least here in brazil, the bigger the company (in terms of receipt, number of employees, etc..), the most complex forms we have to sign and send to the government.

knowing this, the probability of occurring an error grows as we have to fill more forms.

the accountant image is in game everytime he signs one of these govt forms..
>>
>>1604907
Eventually when you get into compounding interest or PV/FV you could use a finance calculator. That's more general finance though.
>>
>>1604921
>looks like you don't know what accounting is about either because the core of accounting is barely about "math"

when did i ever say that?

o rite i didn't
>>
>>1604292
I hated accounting so much, the whole making the same number a deficit and a credit to balance the books was totally insane to me.

Its funny when I started using QuickBooks for an office job (it helped I needed it to survive) the entire accounting bookmaking thing really opened up to me and I understood it better.

I guess my point is that people who never had good teachings so that accounting looks logical and not arbitrary, will hate it.
>>
Unless somebody has good connections already, it's like a degree in communications, they will end up wrapping sandwiches at Subway.
>>
>>1605319

i started to love accounting when i started to control my personal net worth with gnucash..

my teachers were all assholes that made my accounting classes boring af
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.