[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stay energized and focused? I always lose my train of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Map_3_-_US_wealth_50_50.png (35KB, 1779x958px) Image search: [Google]
Map_3_-_US_wealth_50_50.png
35KB, 1779x958px
How do I stay energized and focused? I always lose my train of thought or get distracted or really tired.

>inb4 meth, adderall, coffee, kneepads
>>
>>1603899
What gives you energy? I feel best right after a shower so I end up taking a dozen showers in one day to get through big projects
>>
>>1603901
>a dozen showers a day
I hope you are a troll
>>
>>1603899
same, i also have a habit of quitting things way too early
>>
>>1603935
examples?
>>
>>1603943
in the case of hobbies. i've tried getting into playing music, sculpting, etc. i'd go hard as fuck in the beginning but burn out in like 6 months and i'd quit and do something else with the same process all over again
>>
>>1603899

You need to do something you are interested in.

I worked in payroll for a while and there was no drug on earth that could keep me interested in that dumb shit.

but i'll give ya some tips anyway:

> eat right
> cardio
> get good sleep
> eliminate distractions
> reward yourself for small victories

good luck.
>>
>>1603912
It works.
>>
>>1603899
Coffee.

Also, find out what motivates you. Incorporate it into your project somehow. Even if it's not directly related, like "If I finish this chapter of study, I'll get myself a beer." Reward yourself for hard work.
>>
>>1603899
Have sone time to space out, make up your mind. Spiritual exercises might help
>>
>>1603899
80% jews
>>
File: 1448148319451.jpg (132KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448148319451.jpg
132KB, 400x500px
>>1603899

Basic shit:
>Cardio/lift 2-4 times a week
>7-8 hours a night
>Make a space where you only work and dont do other things
>take breaks every 30 min (5 min breaks)

Supplements:
>Dont drink a lot of coffe ~1-2 cups a day at max.
>Take Fish oils, D-vitamin (or a generic all-round vitamin) and iron

Some of the things that helps me
>>
>>1603899
stop being a pussy.
>>1603901
Water bill must be higher than your wage
>>1603935
stop being a pussy
>>1604018
stop being a pussy
>>1604025
if youre 16 it works
>>1604566
advice for women
I can see why you faggots are so poor. Your brain motivates and rewards you for accomplishing things, so if you are not a lazy
cunt who thinks writing a 5 page report is something amazing you are okay be default. On the other hand it seems you are a lazy cunt, so either kys or man up.
>I quit too early
>I am not motivated to do things
>I dont find any passion for my work
>Ah i wish i could have stacks of cash and relax at work
How come daddy never told you this shit is crazy?
Work is exchange of labor for currency not some thing that will fill your soul with joy, you simply don't want money enough to stay motivated. Imagine if you are your own boss, would you keep someone who says shit like this?
>>
>>1604665
>Work is exchange of labor for currency not some thing that will fill your soul with joy

Poor wagie ragie - The post
>>
>>1604673
I own 2 businesses with ~50 workers
>>
>>1603971
Sounds like you caught the hipster disease. I'm sorry, its always terminal
>>
>>1604676
I own 3 businesses with ~51 workers
>>
>>1604692
hardly relevant, i was pointing out i dont work for a wage. I am just astonished at millennial cuck logic and work approaches. I mean seriously so ridiculous.
>>
>>1603899
Get rest. Eat right. Etc.

Most shil antidepression methods help. As i was severely depressed and finally dealing with it.

Pretty sure i have some sort of undiagnosed add. I have the attention span of a fucking gnat.

I find getting escited about a project i like and taking notes helps so my autistic ass can go back and look latter. Coffee and shit like that in small doses helps. But u can crash and its not worth it most of the time.

My shrink said caffeine triggars anxiety bad. So i use it to my advantage. I try and get my head right and then chig a pot of strong coffee and attack a project in an axeity and caffeine uled fit of autistic rage.

Chugged coffee. Painted my car. Crash and feel like shit.

Lol. Good luck to u bud.
>>
>>1603935
Yeah. 27 unfinished projects checking in.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478271115050.jpg (4KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478271115050.jpg
4KB, 180x180px
>>1603971
Mfw i lasted 2 weeks with a bass before i use my amp for a footstool.

Fuck.
>>
>>1604710
>I mean seriously so ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure you got more than 50 workers Trump
>>
>>1604676
So does every anon on here you lying faggot...
>>
>>1604692
4 businesses with 52 workers checking in!
>>
>>1604755
>>1604756
>>1604757
stay mad please. Is there anything wrong with what I said? I mean if you want to circlejerk each other about how valid your excuses are keep on going.
>>
>>1603899
I like doing short bursts of work.

I'll put my phone on a 30 min countdown timer and try to race the clock to finish as much as possible.

That kind of gamifies things so it's more interesting, plus the pressure from the timer may cause a small release of adrenaline, so that helps too.

I almost always end up going over for 10 minutes or so, just so I can finish whatever current task.

When that's done, I stand up and walk around for a bit, maybe get a small snack, or chit chat with coworkers.

This system is keeping me focused for now.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.