[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering starting a website with event information

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm considering starting a website with event information for students, I tried finding competitors etc, but there is nothing like it all (which I found extremely surprising).
Does /biz/ have any good recommendations for monetizing websites that are free to use?

So far I have, non-intrunsive ads (I hate ads myself and many young people use ad-blocker anyways.)
Companies can pay to have their events featured on the front or pay for featured content on blog/discussion areas.
Companies can pay for e-mails to be sent out to relevant subscribers.
>>
Those strategies are about all you can do. Easiest way to catch up with monitization ideas is to analyze your competition (with adblock disabled).
You'll make most of the revenue from selling featured ads and sponsored email newsletters. Unless you're really good with display ads.
I remember hackernews had a stint where a bunch of event aggregators were popping up. I still use one of them I found there -- etrigg. Do some searching there (hackernews), the comments re more insightful than anything you'll read on biz.
Are you coding the website yourself or outsourcing it? Have you ever done a project like this before?
>>
>>1603866
It's my project, but I have a friend who does websites for a living and he has accepted to do it for me for a good price as he is studying, so we meet up and work on it together, so technically he is on my payroll. I have seen the previous work he has done and it is very good.
I have no previous experience with websites or anything, so I am trying to learn everything that I can. But if it fails, then it's no big deal, it's an interesting side project but not going to my main thing.
I'm currently working as a junior consultant while studying my masters in finance, so it's something I work during weekends or whenever I have time.
>>
>>1603879
Where will you be pulling events from?
Do you plan on manually inputting them? If not, who's job is that going to be?
Is your time valuably spent by scraping local calendars and adding those events to your website?
Who will be finding and contacting event managers to close sales on premium event listings? Those things don't sell themselves.

Nobody wants to visit an event calendar with no events. And nobody wants to buy premium listings on a website with no traffic. Most of your time will likely be dedicated to marketing.
>>
>>1603893
It's sub type of events that has a niche market/dedicated students. The events will be put in manually in the beginning until it has a sizeable calender and most of the events occur yearly, so it's relatively easy to update.
It's very much in early stages, so I assume that most of it will be done by myself. But I expect to post here once it goes live and then people can critique/critize it as they see fit
>>
Make sure you don't buy a domain name that will get your entire business seized, like ole-miss-party-list.net or ukwildcatscouchburnings.com
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.