[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In final rounds for tech interview. One of those 6 hour clusterfucks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1445572805780.gif (119KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445572805780.gif
119KB, 500x700px
In final rounds for tech interview. One of those 6 hour clusterfucks.

Am I safe to bring medication in my pocket or bag? Thinking just some etizolam and propranolol.
Etizolam especially worries me because I have it in a fucking vial as a solution, kind of looks sketchy and not "prescribed". It is legal though.
They don't search pockets and shit right?

Also tips for these long interviews? Even have lunch with the team. First time i've done this kind of interview.
>>
m8 I don't think its a good idea to be popping pills during your interview
>>
>>1601507
Why would I hire you if you need to be drugged up in order to perform normally?
>>
>>1601537
You wouldn't know you retard. That's the point.

I know my doses perfectly and have done it many times without ever fucking up in anyway.
Propranolol is doing the real heavy lifting, nothing intoxicating about it whatsoever.
>>
>>1601507
Well, let's say you didn't bring it, what would happen?
>>
>>1601550
Good question.

>not taking propranolol
I'd sweat a lot probably when faced with something I don't know
Shaky at times, twitching under pressure.
Heart races/flutters.
Stutter more
Lose confidence and harder to think because all the above.

>not taking benzo
A hair more clear-headed.
increased mental anxiety about performance
increased mental anxiety about what lay ahead or could lay ahead
more pessamistic
harder to recover from embarrassing fuckups if to happen
less cordial, more isolated

I would still take the proranolol over the benzo any-day. Benzo is more of a crutch just in case.

A lot of pressure bros. By far hardest interview i've ever had and by far longest too. Pay is insane and I really need to take all advantages possible.
>>
>>1601507
Just put it in your jeans pockets, then excuse yourself to the washroom when you need to use it. Noone is gonna search your pockets lol.
>>
>>1601507
better do weak SSRI's than propranolol but it will take a year before you get there, but then you'll be normal so it will make sense.
Propranolol will fuck with your body in the long term, after a couple of years you will not be able to take a tenth of your dose today and your day will be ruined.
>>
>>1601601
Valid point but I thankfully force myself to not use the beta blockers unless really needed.
Puts some stress on my body to keep it from being dependent on them.
I don't mean mentally dependent either, propranolol is completely non-addictive for new friends out there.

SSRIs are nothing to toy with either desu. Not guaranteed to help when taken too, I think. More rolling dice.
>>
>>1601566
What's the pay?

>>1601582
also this
>>
>>1601619
six figures + and in early 20s.
>>
>>1601611
>. Not guaranteed to help when taken too, I think. More rolling dice.
Sure it's not guaranteed.
Good odds it would, I'd say.

Another thing you could try is a small dose of sleeping pills mixed with antihistamines. Really small doses before bedtime.
If you get it right you'll be like normal but relaxed the next day, no matter the situations, too much and you'll get a nasty hangover...

Either way, it doesn't really matter whether you're a sweating neurotic train wreck in an interview and double so on regular work days, what counts is your skills, dependability, work ethics, personality, honesty and so on. Everything else will be excused.
>>
>>1601636
Wow, really? Like 100K, or are we talking even more? Big company?

I'm from a small town in Europe, so big business really fascinates me
>>
>>1601650
Yes big, decent chunk more. Not unheard of.

Tech is still booming in the states.
At least when you know what the fuck you're doing, most CS majors are clueless.
Still very competitive, and full day interviews are pretty normal.

If you don't know your shit they will sniff you out like a hound.
>>
>>1601507
What the fuck OP? Stop being a sperg and just take the fucking medicine. Literally no one will notice unless you are lighting one up or shooting yourself up in the office.
>>
>>1601657
I don't think I'll ever get a job that's really competitive. Sure, I can be really fucking good at something, but for these big companies where there are hundreds of applicants, it's really hard to be the best. I've never heard about a full day interview. What the fuck do you even talk about all day

Best of luck man
>>
>>1601661
>no one will notice unless you are lighting one up or shooting yourself up in the office.
even if you were shooting up they shouldn't say anything.

It's illegal to ask about medicines a job applicant takes.
>>
>>1601665
>It's illegal to ask about medicines a job applicant takes
Not if they require a UA.
>>
>>1601661
>>1601665
Yeah guys I was pretty confident about this, I just wanted to be sure people didn't have their pockets searched and shit ever. Even if a rarity.
Always have to go through some type of security when first entering the building. Just wanted peace of mind.

>>1601662
>What the fuck do you even talk about all day
Usually 5+ interviews back to back and lunch. Not same people. But yes it's a long time, hence my entire thread. Many, many programming questions. Many many discussions about resume.

>big companies where there are hundreds of applicants
Most are absolute trash trust me. All I can say is stack internships or you'll be in the back of the pile. Internships are everything in early career. EVERYTHING!

This is the hardest part though, no idea if i'll get any kind of offer. Studying non-stop. I'm up against some really smart fuckers for sure and that makes me nervous.
>>
>>1601674
Do you pee pee into cup?
If you do and or require gov. clearnce for job you should disclose your meds to your employer. That is if your sources for drugs are kosher.
>>
>>1601674
Yeah. In that pile of hundreds, there are bound to be some smart people
>>
>>1601669
>Not if they require a UA
the person administering the UA can ask.

the person doing the interview can't.
>>
>>1601679
nope thankfully.

>>1601681
Yes but a good amount of them are also almost autistic (nah not exaggerating)
A crazy lack of supply in articulate/vocal and competent programmers. Almost always one or the other.

Learn to speak the fuck up. If you're interning force yourself to be vocal because it will be easier than ever to initiate that kind of character in an internship. Almost certain that's what carried me through the first few rounds and other offers.
>>
Have you looked into actual prescription medication?

Our Sr. Full Stack Architect, at a major tech firm, requires major amounts of drugs daily, in order to focus. It no longer makes him high, but he requires it to be able to concentrate.

The guy makes probably 250k+ total comp.

You should look into going the legal/prescription route. Once you get your health insurance, talk to a psychyologyst and get a prescription.
>>
>>1601507

Just go to the restroom and use in the stall.

Do what u gotta do. Long interviews suck.
>>
>>1601546
>calls me a retard
>needs drugs to function
Just end it already
>>
>>1601838
>calls me a retard
>needs drugs to function

At least I got a good laugh out of this. I'll pretend you're trolling.
>>
>>1601507
Considering that 2/3 of the first google results on "etizolam" come up as drug sites, you should probably just bring the entire prescription if you actually need it (legal reasons).

Bring a briefcase to keep them in and remember to stuff a cotton-ball or two into each pill container so you don't sound like a freaking maraca walking around.

As for tips, don't be a dick and do enough research on the company ahead of time so that you can actually ask good questions; remember that you are also interviewing them in a way.
>>
>>1601851
This is all good advice and I sincerely appreciate it.
Going to try my best out there, competition is fierce and i'm new to the heat.

>don't sound like a freaking maraca walking around
Fucking lol, very accurate description of that kind of sound. I really don't need much at all so won't bother bringing any kind of pill bottle.
>>
>>1601857
>so won't bother bringing any kind of pill bottle.
Consider bringing at least a copy of your prescription paperwork to keep in a discreet pocket then. There's no sense in adding an additional layer of worry onto an already stressful day.

>Going to try my best out there, competition is fierce and i'm new to the heat.
Just remember that the people interviewing you have likely done a decent amount of work for the company that you've applied to and their time is extremely valuable. Do you honestly believe that they would be taking 6 hours out of their busy days to interview some scrub off the street? You'll do fine. Just be yourself and courteous
>>
>>1601507
>wagecuck needs drugs just to function

You don't know how comfy I am rn my man
>>
>>1601766
>A crazy lack of supply in articulate/vocal and competent programmers. Almost always one or the other.
Yes for sure. I'm pretty sure that's how I got my first job in IT. Lack of computer skills, but lots of experience interacting with other human beings.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.