[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>never had an internship How fucked am I? If I graduate in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1478146098333.jpg (28KB, 356x334px) Image search: [Google]
1478146098333.jpg
28KB, 356x334px
>never had an internship

How fucked am I? If I graduate in May with a bachelors degree in finance? I applied for a few jobs which start in summer of 2017 and were denied. Maybe my resume is just shit idk or its because of that issue.
>>
>>1601282
>How fucked am I?

as fucked as the rest of us who have been in the game a lot longer than you and have a lot more experience but still can't land regular jobs
>>
>>1601282
pretty fucked
I finished degree but no internships and decided to drop out of searching for my original plan and went with my backup job.
>>
>>1601282
Depends on specific field, job, etc.

But frankly, you're likely fucked.
>>
Head to the dollar store and buy some kneepads
>>
My dad was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer 3 months before my internship was to start in a different city. I decided to stay with my dad and help the family rather than go to the internship. I returned to school for my last year, my dad died, and it's impossible to find a job with my engineering degree.

I think I'm going to kill myself
>>
>>1601493
Not Op but can i secure a comfy banking job if i do internships with a business major?

not amerifat btw
>>
>>1601508
Example. A rejection letter I got today. It was a job where they were specifically looking for people with no experience so the organization could train the new engineers the way they wanted. I was all over that application. I even did a project with them in my final year at university and came in 2nd place in the competition.

The rejection letter "after careful review we will not be considering you".

K cool. I'll just go fuck myself
>>
>>1601282
>tfw polysci degree, currently pulling in 80k/yr, and had no internships during college.

The job market isn't that fucked. You guys must just suck with interviews.
>>
>>1601512
Depends if you go to a target for banks or not. But business degrees arent memes as much as the people on Biz think. Lots of jobs want people with degrees in business related fields.
>>
>>1601538
Yeah I was about to dropout until I figured the demand for business related majors which came to a surprise.

Of course my target would be the banking sector. would be risky though as my autism tends to make me change interests. However, I'm reading a lot of finance stuff off school and for some reason I'm really passionate about it
>>
>>1601556
You may want to check out wall street oasis then. Much better forum for banking related roles.
>>
>>1601525

why?

did you ask?
>>
>>1601525

Don't take it too harshly.

It's very hard to get recognized nowadays.

HR does not care about anyone, and the hiring system is broken.
>>
>>1601508
What engineering degree did you get?
>>
why don't you guys just get your parents to get you internships?
>>
>>1601525
At least they sent you a letter. Better move on. You will make it.
>>
All of you are just.... i can feel that none of you know what does it like to live in a third world country. You guys have soo many choices and opportunitues... Im the richest man where i live because i have clean water, and internet.
>>
>>1601282
Find another career path because obviously you do not care about working in finance. Good luck.
>>
>>1601902
Good for you. Now fuck right back to whatever third world shit hole you're posting from. Thanks.
>>
File: 1400271027062.jpg (99KB, 879x693px) Image search: [Google]
1400271027062.jpg
99KB, 879x693px
What are my job chances with economics? I'm a second year and this thread is stressing me the fuck out.
>>
>>1602058
Do some academic research, you can find a data science job if you have enough common sense and Calc 1 knowledge. Or go get a CS degree or something.
>>
>>1602071
Thanks anon, I'm already doing/working on that stuff. I feel a lot better now.
>>
>>1602076
yup.
Do you have stata and R experience?
Also, how highly ranked is your college/is it in ny?
>>
>>1602078
>how highly ranked is your college

Nothing special, but not shit. Also no experience in stata, can I pirate courses?
>>
>>1601282
are you at a top 20 uni? and is your gpa above 3.5?
>>
>>1601529
>polysci

It's "polisci" you fucking imbecile. You didn't major in multiple sciences and I can guarantee you're not making 80k

GFY
>>
>>1602081
>>1602076
>>1602058

Check it out, learn some programming
Same goes for all you mathematics majors out there
It'll increase your hireability by a good amount
Be sure to pick up some common languages, but focus mostly on one, building a good knowledge base on it
It also helps if you actually like the stuff, so you do it recreationally
And don't forget for the love of god make a portfolio with projects you make.. if the employer can't see your projects, why should they believe you can program?
>>
>>1601282
Not as fucked as the girl in your picture
>>
>>1603175
>girl
u-uhh anon
>>
File: 1455505870074.jpg (22KB, 299x213px) Image search: [Google]
1455505870074.jpg
22KB, 299x213px
>>1603181
he did that on purpose specifically to get a reply like yours you dip
>>
>>1601529
What do you do at your job?
>>
>>1601282
Are you me?
>>
>>1601282
depending on the area. Eastern Europe you'll be fine, Some US areas you are fine, but anywhere where finance is a big thing (NY, Geneva, Zurich, Singapore) you're fucked
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.