[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can accepting refugees by the thousands become a long term asset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1443290075448.jpg (20KB, 388x478px) Image search: [Google]
1443290075448.jpg
20KB, 388x478px
Can accepting refugees by the thousands become a long term asset to the USA? Can our economic system handle investing billions to cater to these people's needs? Ethics aside please. From an opportunity cost point of video.
>>
yes, employ them to make IED's for export
>>
>>1600401
kek
>>
>>1600392
Well, seeing that we can't take care of the people that are already here i would have to say no.
>>
It could be argued that any new minority creates a market. Importing a bunch of Islamic Syrians creates opportunity for job creation and profit in the pandering to these people, i.e. opening up Halal slaughterhouses and Niqab boutiques or whatever. That is sort of counterbalanced by the fact that they don't buy many things since many forms of entertainment and recreation are forbidden by their religion. As for the people themselves, they breed very fast and are mostly low IQ, so they add value as cheap labor. As workers their value is impaired by their religion which imposes a lot of special needs on them. For example they cannot work together with certain groups, can't shake hands with women, have to stop and pray 5 times per day, can't eat certain food, have new holidays, they fast a lot, all of these impact their performance as workers. This as already been seen in European countries where they were billed as the solution to the problem of insufficient workers in the area of health care for the elderly. Their religion forbids men from doing those type of caregiving jobs and forbids women from caring for men that aren't their husband, so their value in that sector falls short. They certainly don't bring many assets with them and they don't tend to create jobs or businesses directly themselves. Given that they also require a lot of investment to settle them since they are refugees, they are almost entirely a net drain on the economy and have low prospects of turning that liability into an asset. If the country HAD to import 100,000 unskilled foreigners in, it would be better to go with Mexicans as they have better prospects of becoming an asset (as cheap labor) and good track records of spending their paychecks liberally and paying back in to the economy (when they don't send it directly back to Mexico).
>>
>>1600462
This anon is right. The question really depends on the type of refugee.

Most people agree that Muslim refugees come from ass-backwards regions that have been exposed to nothing but anti-Western sentiment and civil war/poverty. Now you're asking your citizens to fund the assimilation of these people.

I don't have a problem with immigrants but I don't understand why we can't continue with Europeans, Africans, Asians, or even Hispanics.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.