[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginner here. I got dividends from an American company in USD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: sav cat.jpg (46KB, 351x430px) Image search: [Google]
sav cat.jpg
46KB, 351x430px
Beginner here. I got dividends from an American company in USD today. My bank converted it to EUR, charged me an exchange fee and booked it onto my day money account. Is that correct? They did not ask me to switch the currency. I already paid an exchange fee when I bought the stocks.

Pic unrelated
>>
Depends on whether you have a separate dollar account and on whatever your agreement with your bank is. There is no principled truth here. How about you ask your bank? How are we supposed to guess information and settle an individual dispute like that?

Just wait until you figure out that the IRS by default witholds 30% of your dividends as tax regardless of the capital gains tax in your home country.
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/u-s-tax-withholding-on-payments-to-foreign-persons

Investing in the US sure is fun!
>>
>>1598544
>Investing in the US sure is fun!
How you grow an economy as robust and thriving as ours, so that the entire world wants to invest in your markets and use your currency as the world standard, and then you won't have these terrible problems.

Fucking ingrate.
>>
>>1598524
That is why use Waves better cheaper faster.
Get Waves win always
>>
>>1598558
What do shitty one-sided tax laws have to do with growing a thriving economy? It's not like the US isn't suffering from tax evasion by their own major companies and killed its domestic tax by allowing the shit Dellaware pulls off to the detriment of every single other state. Tax laws are always against the small suckers who have no chance of evading them. The big fish don't care. That's really nothing to be proud of...
>>
>>1598565
Cry me a river. No one's making you invest here. You know the tax laws and yet you choose to play because we offer better growth, returns, and income than anything your shitbox country could hope to muster.

I have no tolerance for people like you.
>>
>>1598638
No, I don't. OP is. I've pulled my money out of the US because I'm sick of their bullshit.

You're pathetically looking for an excuse to pick a fight. You won't get one.
>>
>>1598544
So, how do I fill out the W-8BEN form? Is there any useful instruction?
>>
>>1599243

Its just a form you fill in, nothing tricky about it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.