[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In an almost hour long interview, Kathryn Haun, Assistant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: satoshi.jpg (47KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
satoshi.jpg
47KB, 1024x512px
>In an almost hour long interview, Kathryn Haun, Assistant Attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice in San Francisco and lecturer on digital currencies at Stanford Law School, who prosecuted her own colleagues, Shaun Bridges, a former Secret Services agent and Carl Mark Force, a DEA agent, for public corruption in an investigation arising from Silk Road, the infamous drug bazaar shut down in 2013, stated that the reason United States government did not shut down bitcoin is because they “recognize you can’t shut down bitcoin.”

>“There is simply no way” – Haun said, “with these technologies once the genie is out of the bottle you can’t put it back in…but even if we could hold the developers of these technologies accountable,” the federal prosecutor continued, that would be “counter to the legal system.”

Government BTFO. Bitcoin can not be stopped. Nocoiners will cry lava soon.
>>
more like
>"We seized 170,000 bitcoins worth roughly 90 million USD. There is simply no way we were going to let this kind of money going to waste"

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal for the government tbqh. Especially considering that paying off hackers for 0days and secretly funding terrorist groups has become a growing interest of the US Government in the last years. Just like TOR - the US government is probably one of the bigger proponents of BTC. If you ever use BTC for anything useful (like turning them into real money or buying stuff you have to have shipped to yourself) they can still track you and now they have an added benefit that once they matched your wallet, every single transaction will be an open book to them since its public data. Honestly - I think BTC will be an awesome tool for prosecutors piling on charges after the fact. And possibly outright fabricating charges.

Oh hold on, your wallet randomly received payments from a (hint: government-controlled) wallet also "financing" islamic terrorists? There go your civil rights. Easy terrorism conviction.
>>
File: AverageCoinerPurchase.jpg (554KB, 1604x985px) Image search: [Google]
AverageCoinerPurchase.jpg
554KB, 1604x985px
>>1597578
>muh real money meme
There's people buying and selling lambos directly in Bitcoin while you stay poor.

>get paid in BTC
>buy in BTC

The circle is closed. Government hates this, since they will never know. Once they remove cash, more and more people will work for BTC as the only viable replacement. Anyone with a brain can tumble their coins for added privacy. Schnorr signatures, confidential transactions, mimblewimble... lots of new features will make blockchain analysis a futile exercise (it already is today if you know what you are doing). Bitcoin already won.
>>
>>1597656
>There's people buying and selling lambos directly in Bitcoin while you stay poor.

I bought my Yacht and house in LA on Bitcoins bitch.

Don' fucking tell me about my bitcon millions.
>>
>>1597676
Good for you. Remember to not waste it all now, if you have 3 to 5 figures BTC wallet, in 10 years you will become a major mogul.
>>
>>1597566
>In an almost hour long interview, Kathryn Haun, Assistant Attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice in San Francisco and lecturer on digital currencies at Stanford Law School, who prosecuted her own colleagues, Shaun Bridges, a former Secret Services agent and Carl Mark Force, a DEA agent, for public corruption in an investigation arising from Silk Road, the infamous drug bazaar shut down in 2013, stated that the reason United States government did not shut down bitcoin is because they “recognize you can’t shut down bitcoin

Worst sentence I've seen in a while.
>>
>>1597656
>englishmuffins
>/g/

are you the faggot that always posts your bagel in the watch threads?
>>
>Nocoiners will cry lava soon.
no. heres the thing you bitcoin guys get wrong : you think people outside of your little crypto community cares about it. to most people involved with markets in a professional way, bitcoin is as interesting now as it was 1,2,4 years ago : that is not interesting at all. we dont care if it goes up $100, down $500 or whatever. if you make money with it, thats awesome and i wish you the best.. but dont think anyone really gives a shit.
>>
>>1597770
>we

Lol, stop acting as if you are someone "in-the-know" you dumb NEET aspie.
People "involved in markets in a professional way" are mostly too dumb to even understand Bitcoin, they are grandpa-tier, but there are increasingly more people within WS jumping on Bitcoin, I know for an actual fact. At first they dismissed it as "nerd money", now they are secretly scared of missing the boat and some own small amounts, even tho the cope is still strong overall.

In any case, a low IQ mong as you sees this as a problem, when if you understand the fundamentals, it's an opportunity.

>>1597578
>muh TOR is compromised
This needs to go. No one using TOR has ever been compromised, given that:

1) You are using Tails and it's updated
2) You have javascript off

Everyone that got compromised failed to meet the above criteria, or made some sort of OPsec mistakes, was running ilegal sites and made mistakes within the setup, bought something directly from the FEDs... the software itself, it's as robust as it gets (just like Bitcoin). No delusional sci-fi 0days exists that would penetrate an user that meets criterion 1) and 2)
>>
>>1597906
Where have I stated that I believe TOR to be compromised? I just said that the US government is a big proponent of TOR - which it provably is. TOR furthers their goals. BTC could do the same.
>>
>>1597566
"There is simply no way"

Yeah I guess the United States government couldn't afford a 51% attack...
>>
>>1597916
>I just said that the US government is a big proponent of TOR
Are you dumb? there are Snowden leaks where NSA literally says they hate TOR.

>>1597965
Not for a sustained amount of time for it to be relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPyMUfNyVM
>>
>>1599123
>Are you dumb? there are Snowden leaks where NSA literally says they hate TOR.

Are you high? The only reason TOR exists is because the US government has kept funding them since inception. This is from The TOR Project's 2014 financial statement (the latest available):
>The Organization received approximately 75% and 90% of its grants and contribution revenues from two and three federal grants during the years ended December 31, 2014 and 2013, respectively. As of December 31, 2014 and 2013, approximately 91% and 89% of grants and contracts receivable, respectively, were due from four and three of the federal grants, respectively.
>2014 Total Expenditures of Federal Awards - $722,787

The State Department is paying for TOR and publicly supports it for Chinese and Iranian dissidents. The Navy and DARPA funded the research behind TOR, so I think it's safe to assume they're using whatever they paid for. I know for a fact that many FBI agents use TOR on a daily basis. I've heard that the NSA themselves are using it (why would you not use a tool giving you perfect deniability?). What more do you want? TOR fits into their plan. Yeah, it makes some things more complicated as well. But the benefits far outweigh the costs.

Do your research before calling other people dumb.
>>
>>1599201
So fucking what if they fund them? What matters is, citizens can use it to remain anonymous, and Snowden leaks show they hate the fact that they can't deanonymize users at will.

Btw, nocoiners on a suicide watch again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.