[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice, I've responded to well over 600 applications

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Resume 4chan.png (260KB, 677x875px) Image search: [Google]
Resume 4chan.png
260KB, 677x875px
I need advice, I've responded to well over 600 applications and I've only gotten a handful of interviews. I'm getting desperate, I don't want to go back to my shit tier country.

I guess I'm being dismissed by many jobs by virtue that I would need visa sponsorship. That's outside of my control, what could I do to improve my CV? Also, any finance job application tips?
>>
I'm applying to entry to mid senior jobs, I'm not overreaching here.
>>
>>1597546
>in which he organised
>he runs in investing blog

Who the fuck are you talking about?

The letter sizing is also weird.
>>
>>1598033
Oh crap! thanks for pointing out the third person thing. I used to have various CVs so this is sort of the Frankenstein hodgepodge of many, so that sorta slipped through the cracks.
>>
>>1598103
lol, sounds like you went a bit schizo half way through the resume, that was no doubt the problem. I would get rid of the trilingual thing, just say fluent in ...

If I was you, I would get some IT stuff and get into financial automation because that is pretty hot right now, I am sure some bank or something would visa you in for a conversion thingy or whatever. God save the Queen! The King is dead, long live the King!
>>
>>1598129
You mean SAP and stuff like that?
>>
>>1598129
Oh yeah, also get rid of that crap at the top, just the facts, the use automation to screen now, list name, address, contact - some space then education - some space then work exp. Get some reference ready and tell them you have those if interviewed...remember an employer doesn't really give a fuck what you want, only if they think they can mold you into something they want...
>>
>>1598138
Yeah for sure, scripting, web GUI crap, scripting, research a bit and see what they are into now. I think you pick up on that quickly but the real benefit would be your financial experience. I duno, in Canada here they are screaming for financial advisors but not sure what creds they want. They are also automating heavily, self investing and all that shit...boomers and millenials want to dick with their finances online now so you could be a net advisor or some shit if you don't want to get into the programming end.
>>
>>1598145
Yeah, been noticing that scripting is suggested for a lot of jobs. What programming language would you think is best to learn, assuming I don't have that much time and just want enough knowledge to be able to put it on the cv without lying?
>>
You have to go back
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.