[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this company such shit? They're packed all the time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Why is this company such shit?

They're packed all the time, even during odd hours, yet their stock is poorly valued.
>>
>>1597349

cheap overhead with nice profit margins. morons will pay 8 bucks for a mediocre bowl of elbow noodles and fake shredded cheese that they could easy make at home and feed 5x the people for the same price.
>>
>>1597349
Have you ever eaten the food there? Its the most lazily made noodles with microwaved sauce and some shredded cheese on top. It's no wonder its low value, its because the product is just bland and cheap
>>
>>1597357

Then why is their stock doing so bad?
>>
>>1597363

just because sales seem to be doing well doesn't mean the company is making money.
>>
>>1597349
only 410 locations
5-6million net income/year
in a market with tons of competition

come on bruh
>>
>>1597369
also 16 locations closed last year due to poor sales.

all this information was available to me in 2 minutes after googling the companies name. so next time you could try that.
>>
>>1597369
>in a market with tons of competition

There are literally no other fast casual pasta chains except, Fazolis
>>
>>1597375

doesn't matter, its still in the same class as lets say Moe's or something. it doesn't matter one is mexican food and one is pasta bowls. the consumer sees it as the same in price range and quality. This place has plenty of competition, every fast food place is competition.
>>
>>1597349
It's an awful market position really. The food is not very bad, but it's not substantially better than fast food to justify having to go into the fuckin' place and then wait for it to be made. If you can just get regular chinese, there is zero incentive to go to noodles.

I can imagine maybe going there on a lunch break if it was in walking distance.

They will stay open because of the gullible tards that go there, however the idea of their business expanding significantly seems a major stretch. The product just isn't very thrilling.
>>
>>1597369

They sell pasta and only net $12,000/year per store in profit? What the fuck are they doing?
>>
>>1597447

Suburban teenagers love it. It's the new hip thing. They go there to eat and then to Starbucks to get their milkshake.
>>
>>1597456
I used to eat there routinely. Only because I was given like 100 free coupons from a relative who owned one I think, or managed an area.

Either way, I mean, I was happy to eat there free. Duh. But the chicken was extra if I recall, on some of the dishes, and really it always just kind of tasted like slightly better stuff. Not bad, ever, really. Just not good either.

Plus, it's a carb based meal making it kind of hard to convince healthy people to go there, unlike Chipotle which uses brown rice.

I'm using this thread as an excuse to read up on this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positioning_(marketing)
>>
>>1597375

>guess i'll order pizza instead
>noodles & co BTFO
>>
I am guessing an overpriced IPO.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ndls/financials

http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FilingID=11528323&RcvdDate=8/5/2016&CoName=NOODLES%20%26%20CO&FormType=10-Q&View=html

revenue increased but expenses increased across the board, even excluding "Restaurant impairments, closure costs and asset disposals"

a market cap of 125M is a bit low for a net income that could easily exceed 10M as it did in 2014, though it could be a while before it recovers, you'd have to research upcoming announcements and reforms to get a clue about when it will
>>
>>1597349
>negative P/E
>Strong negative Beta
>Higher costs than competitors
>Smaller margins
>Earnings decreasing by between 0.9% and 2.1%

Here you go senpai.
Looks like their expansion since 2013. Another too big too quick? Also their market is saturated as fuck
>>
>>1597456
That sounds like a nasty toilet session
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.