[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Amazon do it? How do get to decimate retail and abuse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: o-JEFF-BEZOS-QUOTES-facebook.jpg (170KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-JEFF-BEZOS-QUOTES-facebook.jpg
170KB, 2000x1000px
How does Amazon do it? How do get to decimate retail and abuse workers worse than Wal-Mart and not get the antagonistic activism ?
>>
>>1596901
Because pickers just walk a lot. You don't hear about tons of shit bosses because your interactions with people as a picker are minimal. Even your boss isn't screaming at you every 20 minutes. You don't even interact with customers. You're just tracked in the warehouse, and if you don't meet quotas, you get canned. It's 'fair'.

Plus, when has the public ever given a fuck about something they can't personally witness? Hint: Never. Nobody cares about starving brown people getting bombed in the Middle East. Nobody cares about starving kids in Africa. Nobody cares about rape gangs in India. Nobody cares about girls being abandoned or killed in China. Nobody cares about a bunch of Pedros and Joses walking 15 miles a day here either. The public can directly see the people working in Walmart by just walking into a Walmart. Amazon is behind closed doors. Out of sight, out of mind.
>>
>>1596901
Same reason Zara can get away with outsourcing to Bangladeshi sweatshops/accidental flesh ovens, same reason you sip your non-free trade coffee:
They've discounted your moral outrage from the sales price.

As for the Wal-mart part, I dunno... I suppose it's because Amazon crept up slowly, and Wal-mart simply see themselves in a different business, serving customer needs in a different manner.
Does Wal-Mart see hardware superstores as competitors?
>>
>>1596901
Because literally all the customer sees is cheap prices on a nice website and the interaction with customer service is a lot better than a place like Walmart.

When someone walks into Walmart, they're usually overwhelmed with disgust. They see a literal retard who greets them at the front, empty shelves, shitty produce, brown meat, a small selection of cheap chinese shit, a bunch of unsavory niggers, white trash and mudslimes, both employed and shopping.

Their experience is horrible. They would go to that store down the street but Walmart ran them out of business. The truth is, nobody gives a shit about Walmart employees, if they pretend to, they have their own agenda.
>>
>>1596901
Anything to economise.
>>
Amazon doesn't draw activists for the same reason that people having kids don't draw activists................. because everyone thinks they deserve it.
>>
>>1597306
And if you have a problem with customer service at Wal Mart, it's literally impossible to get ahold of a manager and the floor associates really won't be able to help you. It's really bad.
>>
>>1596901

Because millennials buy from Amazon
>>
>>1596901
we don't shit where we eat famb.
>>
They've had huge problems in Germany. The last two years they always went on strike during Christmas season. There've been a dozen documentaries and hidden camera segments about how they abuse their workers. They had to hire new security because their old company was apparently tied to neo-nazis? The unions constantly run ralleys against them.
>>
>>1596931
/thread
>>
>>1596901
what do you mean abuse workers worse than walmart? i worked at amazon for years and they hire any bumbling fucking idiot and they hardly do any work at all for a great wage.

amazon was the easiest job i ever had by leaps and bounds.
>>
>>1597344
/thread
>>
>>1597346
/thread
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.