[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to 4chan's self-serve ad system?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: angry bull.jpg (31KB, 365x352px) Image search: [Google]
angry bull.jpg
31KB, 365x352px
What the fuck happened to 4chan's self-serve ad system?

How am I supposed to tap into this market now?
>>
>>1596875
I guess it went away because it was less profitable than selling information to Japanese marketing firms and putting up malicious pop-up ads.
Hiroshimoot is a con artist and he tricked us into begging him to buttfuck us.
>>
File: hiroyuki-lied.png (1MB, 2678x4000px) Image search: [Google]
hiroyuki-lied.png
1MB, 2678x4000px
>>1596919
>>1596875
>>
>>1597008
Maybe I'm mistaken, but doesn't that infographic show that Hiroyuki claims 4chan uses 3PB cached bandwidth, yet the text is claiming that Hiroyuki is claiming it's 3PB Uncached.

If we are to believe his image, isn't Cache bandwidth what matters, and isn't that 3PB?

Correct me if I'm confused.
>>
>>1597119
What they're saying is that cached bandwidth is part of a fixed subscription plan to CloudFlare and so it's only the uncached bandwidth that's going to drive up costs.

There is another infographic showing that Hiro is well-known as a con artist on 2ch and has a history of both lying about financial trouble to squeeze money out of rubes and speaking nonsense or pretending to misunderstand people to derail threads when he's asked hard questions directly.
>>
>>1597130
But on the image on the right, the uncached bandwidth is higher than the cached bandwidth. 111TB > 28TB
>>
>>1597147
Notice the color key. Blue is uncached, orange is cached.
On the left, orange is MUCH higher than blue.
>>
>Hiroyuki buys 4chan as an asset
>Justifies making changes to it in order to profit more
>Makes changes to it to increase profitability in the short term

Whoa, it's like every corporate buyout ever just happened!
>>
>>1597160
>Hiro buys 4chan
>lies about how much it costs and pretends it's in the shitter when it had previously been financially stable
>tricks rubes into buying passes
>sells data to a Japanese marketing firm he is associated with, which is expanding into the American market
>sends janitors like you to correct the record
>for free
>>
>>1597163

You misunderstand: I'm not saying that this buyout doesn't suck, I'm saying that buyouts always suck and if you didn't see this shit coming early then you fell for it. I never believed that 4chan was unprofitable, and I knew that Moot must have been looking for an excuse to take a buy out and go work for Google while Hiro was looking to cash in. I suspect that the reason you are so assmad is that you legitimately believed the obvious lies.

>le janitors correcting le record

Your delusions are funnie.
>>
File: 1342894744539.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1342894744539.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
>>1597169
>he doesn't know the whole moderation team works for CTR
>>
>>1596875
Focus on evolving into a bear soon enough, does a bull really need more market space than currencies, indices and commodities??
>>
>>1596875
Adblock happened. Only morons see 99% of ads now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.